The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

The Reunion

Private W2 D5 EV Perrin Nessa Nate

22 replies to this topic

#21 Nathan

• Datura's Right Hand Man

Crewleader
  • Age39

• Relationship StatusMarried

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusPartially Hidden

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:40 AM

Despite the tense circumstances of the situation, seeing these two and the unexpectedly soft moment between them brought a small smile to Nate's face. Life in the Final Empire was hard, brutal, and unfair, but that didn't mean there weren't still moments like this. A spark of young love, even in the darkest parts of the underground.

He had to help them. He knew he'd already decided to, but this sealed it. Ignas could hang himself with a hook for all Nate cared for his orders.

He nodded to Perrin's question. "I'll help. I can't promise how frequently you two can meet, but Datura trusts me and she'd trust me to watch Nessa alone. I assume someone of your skills, Perrin, wouldn't have too much trouble finding me alone to arrange something. I can help cover, but you're going to have to trust when I say it's safe and when it's not."

He was already starting to formulate plans for how they might make this work. Datura would no doubt continue her private training sessions with Nessa, but could Nate somehow convince Dat that there was a reason for him to spend time alone with Nessa too? Training her to resist and recognize emotional Allomancy, perhaps? It was a useful skill he could teach her, and it'd be a plausible excuse.

Another thought occurred to him. "Oh, Perrin. You need to make sure you don't go too quiet though. Dat will get suspicious if you stop making a fuss about finding Nessa, I'm sure. If you really want to keep her off your scent, I'd almost recommend ambushing her. Rough her up a bit, get into a scuffle, demand answers, all that. She'll fight back, but she won't really hurt you. She knows how important you are to the rebellion."

He didn't mention that Datura would love something like that, and that it was pretty much exactly what she was hoping for from Perrin. Crazy woman. The only person in Luthadel who wanted to get attacked by a Mistborn.

Perhaps he could consider siccing Perrin on her as an apology for going behind her back and lying to her about all of this. Probably the weirdest way of making up a betrayal to somebody, but Datura was nothing if not interesting.

#22 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

House Sureau
  • Age17

• Relationship StatusBeginning a Relationship with Perrin

• OriginCentral Dominance Plantation

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:36 AM

Perrin said nothing at first, and Nessa found herself questioning. Had she rushed into it too fast? Had she startled him? He'd always seemed so sure of everything, she thought for certain that she was the easier flustered of the two of them, but suddenly--

And then he smiled at her, somehow deeper and more meaningful than the ones she'd seen from him before, and her heart soared. His soft response, a simple, "I know," might have given her pause a moment ago, but there was something special about the way he said it, looking at her as he was, having already done so much for her sake and promised to do even more. Never in her life had silence been as powerful, or said so much, as it did in that moment, the two of them smiling at each other while the world outside simply stopped existing.

Then he turned to address Nate, and Nessa was so startled by the sudden leap back to reality that she actually jumped a little. They were discussing their plans for making this work, and Nessa was surprised to hear Nate suggest that Perrin actually attack Datura. She was relieved to know he was on their side, but she hadn't quite been expecting him to be on it this much.

"It's not that she won't hurt him so much as she can't," she ammended softly, when Nate had said his piece. "She's good, really good, but even she's nothing compared to what he just fought."

#23 Perrin

Member of Lucille Deveaux's Book Club

Posted Yesterday, 12:25 AM

Perrin snorted at Nate’s suggestion; it would be Perrin’s pleasure to ‘rough’ up Mouse. “Oh trust me, even if Nessa had come away with me, I’m fairly certain I would have come back at some point to have it out with Mouse. I’ll happily ambush her. She busy tomorrow?”

He stood with an arm around Nessa’s waist, rubbing her back with his thumb, “But really, finding you alone to set up meetings wouldn’t be difficult, but it’s not exactly safe. Do you have a signal we could use, or a place to drop notes? Might be safer.”

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users