←  Suggestions

Mistborn: The Inquisition

»

DEFUNCT TOPIC: Guide to using D&D term...

Guest_Abraxas MacGuile_* 01 Nov 2018

Ok, I said I'd put this up, so here it is: a guide to using d&d terms io character apps. All references are from the Player's Handbook and/or d20SRD.
First off are the explanations for the ability scores, skills, and proficiency. Next explains alignment and how character species/subspecies affects ability scores. Then, an explanation of feats. After that, items are explained.
Please, don't reply to this topic directly - just PM me. Admins and mods, all my character apps will use this, so please leave it up, if only for ease of understanding my apps.
Edited by Abraxas MacGuile, 11 December 2018 - 04:37 PM.

Comatose's Photo Comatose 02 Nov 2018

Hello Abraxis. I am going to move this, as this section of the boards is just for character applications. Also, since we already have a character application template we will only be accepting characters whose applications are in our standard template.

Guest_Abraxas MacGuile_* 02 Nov 2018

I know. This guide is designed to aid in comparing characters' capabilities via their apps. Thus, modifications to the standard template are optional. These modifications will be in such a format as to not interfere with the standard template, and will be detailed in the last post here. An example is Caedrus' app, except regarding the snippet, which is combined for my first 8 characters. Please PM me about further issues, queries, etc.

Guest_Abraxas MacGuile_* 02 Nov 2018

Q!ERROR: CONTENT NOT LOADED YET
Edited by Abraxas MacGuile, 02 November 2018 - 06:21 PM.

Comatose's Photo Comatose 02 Nov 2018

We arenít really a combat focused role play (as you will are from our story threads). The standard application is designed with that in mind and has suited our purposes thus far but I will take a look when I have the chance.

KChan's Photo KChan 02 Nov 2018

Hi Abraxas, and welcome!

You may have missed it, but our FAQ very clearly states that we do not use numbers, stats, or any sort of modifiers in this RP. We are narrative-based only here:

There's no system, skill points, or dice that we use here. This site is really about interactive storytelling, and we feel it can bog down the story to have dice or skill points. In addition, keeping track of these numbers would be a heavy burden. Such things work better on a tabletop RPG than a forum-wide RP.

As such, please remove all references to the PHB/D20SRD in your apps. Once you have, we'll take a further look at your characters. I'll be posting this reply in your other threads to make sure you and the other staffers see it. Thanks!

Guest_Abraxas MacGuile_* 08 Nov 2018

Comatose: Thanks.
KChan: I get it already!

Guest_Abraxas MacGuile_* 08 Nov 2018

Topic aborted.

Guest_Abraxas MacGuile_* 11 Dec 2018

Please move this topic to the mists.