The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Skaa Theiving Crews

76 replies to this topic

#1 Valkynphyre

MiBoam Obligara the Inquisikandra

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

I'd like to make a skaa theiving crew, one without allomancers, which would try to con and steal from nobles, but just one character won't cut it.

Anyone interested in making a group of skaa designed from character creation to work with each other?
Valkyn Venture
Other Characters: Phyra Venture, Brand, Fenna, Lian Vaunter.

#2 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

This is a good idea, but this thread belongs in the plotting section, not suggestions. Please continue.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Valkynphyre

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

Oh, sorry.

well, We need a crewleader, which I don't want to be. We need a skaa who has a good hand with a pen to forge documents. We need a lair, lookouts, a good tailor (wink, wink, nudge nudge) to buy from. We need a bit of muscle, and a lot of brains, and several contacts within the nobility.

I think I'd like to play one of the 'muscle.'

Also, If anyone has seen enough heist movies to know the pen names for cons, or is able to invent their own, that would be awesome.
Valkyn Venture

#4 Perrin

Member of Lucille Deveaux's Book Club

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:05 AM

Maks is willing to sell to all miscreants so long as it can't be traced back to his shop.

And I'd potentially be interested in doing this. We'll see.
<div align=center>Posted Image</div>

#5 Valkynphyre

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

Got a great idea for a hideout:

Crew leader owns a shop that sells allomantic metals to the nobility, so they know which nobles are allomancers. Without needing any allomancers.

Two floors beneath the ground is the lair.
Valkyn Venture

#6 Valkynphyre

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:38 AM

The leader would need to be something like a pre-snapping Kelsier. Bold, daring, impetuous, yet a skilled actor and businessman. We'd need people to work the shop (could use npcs, but I think having one PC behind the counter would be nice, as we could interact with the Noble crowd).

First target: House Casuana's atium stash.
We'd need a contact within the Canton of Finance, Or a spy amongst the high nobility of house Casuana, among other things. Could be the biggest Atium heist of all time, though.

Who wants in?
Valkyn Venture

#7 Valkynphyre

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hopefully, we can get this started during Cycle 2. I'm not going to be making any other characters until then, and once i have the skaa that will go on this crew and one more noble, I'm not gonna make any other characters unless one of mine dies.

I'm actually thinking of making a 15 year old redhead skaa girl, Daughter of the crew chief with a quick wit and quicker fingers.

--possible have her imitating a noblewoman, but I may have her run the shop instead.

--The shop could belong to House Martel, which contracts out to a Skaa merchant. Or to House Deveaux, making it one of the most successful shops in Luthadel. That way, they'd have excellent info on which nobles are allomancers.
Valkyn Venture

#8 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Issue with the Allomancer shop. Most Allomancers would send their servants to buy the metals for them - a steward most likely. Taraf does it for Nerid and Marisha. Generally I get the feeling most nobles don't like to do business directly with merchants (don't want to come too close to the "taint of trade" as it were).
user posted image

#9 Valkynphyre

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

Actually, that would make it easier for them to maintain a low profile. Sure, they wouldn't have as good information on Noble Allomancers, but They wouldn't have to worry so much about getting marked. I think that's what it was called. Have to reread FE.
Valkyn Venture

#10 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

Yes, the Allomancer shop would still be a great cover - really ideal, in fact. I'm just thinking that they would not be likely to have the inside scoop on the noble ranks mistings and mistborn.
user posted image

#11 Valkynphyre

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

Not really a problem. Since none of the Skaa in this particular group are likely to be allomancers, The only ones who would really have an inkling about what allomancers could do are the ones who run the store.

Techniccally, they're just in it for the money, not for any political leverage on nobles.
Valkyn Venture

#12 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:46 PM

Whenever I make Klyde, he would be a good fit to any crew. He could even lead, if you wanted him to. And where Klyde is, Delissia will inevitably get involved in some way, whether she wants to or not.

Posted Image

#13 Valkynphyre

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

Sounds good. So, Klyde is crewleader, unless someone else wants it.

I intend to make the redhead previously mentioned into a scribe that works with the 'Dockson' of the group. Daughter of whoever runs the shop. she's a passable theif, but naive. she can pick pockets and locks, cut purses, and imitate noblewomen. Young noblewomen anyway... She can read, write and perform business arithmatic, and has a favorite book of poetry.

For a skaa, she leads a pretty sheltered life, even with the constant threat of exposure and execution. She's gonna be about 15 and looking for romantic entanglements. A dangerous motive in a world of thieves and brutes.

Only the knowledge other Skaa have of her father's skill and temper have kept her unmolested.
Valkyn Venture

#14 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

Okay, I'll get Klyde up after the ball. It's about time I got involved with the underground.

Posted Image

#15 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:17 PM

So, my upcoming new character Cray can be the fixit person for any members of the crew who are injured in the line of duty and suchlike.
user posted image

#16 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Klyde is up and waiting to be accepted, so how should we start this. What kind of crew do we want it to be, Kalub gave a list in the Theiving Crews thread. I think we should form a bigger crew with elements of all of them, perhaps in tiers, but most of the main characters might be in the masking crew. Let me know what you guys think!

Posted Image

#17 Valkynphyre

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

I'm hoping it's a bigger crew with a working storefront, with conning and scams, but few muggings. Conning the ministry and nobles alike, with the occasional thieving run on the keeps. Specialized equipment, and such.
Valkyn Venture

#18 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:27 AM

My thoughts exactly. How many player characters will we have? Klyde and Valkyn's character so far. Do we have more player characters to fill it out, if not, who else do we have on th crew.

It would be interesting to have one of the crew's jobs get in the way of one the rebellion is pulling, or even with Aaron and Daerra's theivery... Just think of it, three parties all going for the same prize, possibly with the ministry thrown in... It would be chaos.

Posted Image

#19 Valkynphyre

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

I have a girl to add to the thieving crew, I'll try to have her up by 2nd cycle. I'll post her father as an NPC (he runs the storefront and does the organizational work. Other than that, I'd like to have at least 3 more members, we'll see...
Valkyn Venture

#20 Kaylen Hasting

Magnus Venture's Desk

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

I'll soon have up a corrupt Obligator in the Canton of Orthodoxy who forges documents and sells information about who ordered what documents, he will be willing to work for any party, skaa rebellions and thieving crews included.
Characters

- Kaylen Hasting; Noble Mistborn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users