The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Skaa Theiving Crews

76 replies to this topic

#41 Haradion Drogon

Skaa

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

Well, I am not sure I like the idea of takeing Advantage of an Old women. For a Start, it would be extreamily difficult to keep up the chararde for long, but it would also be notice by, other family members, servents, etc

Its just, I had this idea of a kind of, romanticised thieve group. Hounour amoung thieves you know, when theives are talked of in hushed tones by the general populance, as people takeing back whats their, etc. .

We could have the Old women, being sympathetic to the thieves?
Or perhapes, have the our own members impersonate well known nobles. If we go by what Kalin said, then inmall likeley hood, alot of our hiests will be Cons. False Merchent deals etc. It is unlikley any major houses would deal with skaa, so we'd have to impersonate Nobles.

Perhapes she is a Minor Noble, who gets a large cut, of the money? Assuming she is old, and has no real heir, then she would have little income. Perhaps she veiws our activities as her investment? She funds out hiests and get a large cut, putting on an outwould sign of only bening concerned for her money, but actuly quite likes the crew, as they make her life a bit more exciting?

Maybe, Klyde reminds her of her son?

I dont like the Idea of tricking a Noble like that . I think out Base of Opps should be the one place we are safe, not just another Con.

Thoughts?

Characters:

EruSaar - Kandra

#42 Thoughtful Spurts

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Sounds a bit too nice for the big bad scary world of the final empire, but I kind of like it.

However, tricking the old lady sounds both more in-character and somehow easier. After all, for this to work we'd have to be assuming the woman is both senile and has no other family members. How thieves would impersonate WELL KNOWN nobles, as in, nobles that are WELL KNOWN is beyond me, so I'd like to hear more.

In either case Zincell would probably care for the old lady. XD

Although I like the idea that the base of operations shouldn't be yet another con, I also like the idea of havig plumbing, and resources, and a manor to take nobles to if we're passing off as the heirs, or one to leave carriages at, etc.

:)

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Terris: Zincell (Feruchemist)
Skaa: Ema (Tineye), Laurence (smoker),

Inactive:

Skaa: Tiffany [WIP], Lord Donahue (smoker) [WIP]. Ms. Grantham [WIP]
Noble: Eleanor Hamilton (thug) [WIP], Charlotte Morel (smoker) [WIP], Kenrick Venture [WIP], Donahue Heir [WIP], Madeline (mistborn) [WIP].

#43 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Although I like the idea that the base of operations shouldn't be yet another con, I also like the idea of havig plumbing, and resources, and a manor to take nobles to if we're passing off as the heirs, or one to leave carriages at, etc.

I like the idea of plumbing...would make my second character in the works able to interact.

Player Characters:

Noblemen: Winston Elariel

Skaa: Jonesi | Pipes

Work in Progress: Martin Meson - De Facto House Lord, Marcus Meson - House Heir, Jimmi - Foreman in Training, NeeSun - Kandra of a Thousand Minds, Zulo - Keeper of Forgotten Foods

#44 DemonPony

Skaa

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

Lyr is currently floating around, and availible for recruitment. At the moment I have a thread where she's out and about--but if no one can nibble on that, then we can come up with something else.

I don't think she's likely to seek anyone in the underground out--not unless I have something happen to lean on her a little. She can be lured back into a theiving crew if approached, however.

As to thoughts on a base of operations, especially the noble house:

Maybe they decide to steal some things from this old lady, becuase well, it's know nthat she's a little senile and her skaa and guards just aren't really working as hard as they COULD. I mean why should they when the lady won't notice, anyway>

So let's say they break in--and find her already dead.

Maybe they seize upon the once in a lifetime opportunity to sweep in, impersonating some distant relative, who is there to take over the estate? That way they're nto actively swindling the lady, if that's not the direction people want to go in.

Random thought on my part!

OR--they break in, and maybe startle the woman. She falls nad breaks her hip, maybe. Perhaps someone--Lyr? Zincell--feels a bit sorry for the old lady and wants to at least get her to a nearby bed or something, but the lady absent mindedly looks at one of the crew and suddenly starts referring to them as their son/daughter. This launches the idea for the impersonation. They play along, and the senile old lady thinks that she has family again...?
:: Lyrel, Skae Smoker ::

#45 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

Its just, I had this idea of a kind of, romanticised thieve group. Hounour amoung thieves you know, when theives are talked of in hushed tones by the general populance, as people takeing back whats their, etc. .

This is the sort of sentiment you are more likely to find in the Rebellion. Theives, are by nature, selfish and out to enrich themselves. The rebellion are the ones who are trying to help the skaa as a whole (remember, in the books, Marsh was the honorable one. Before he got involved in with the Rebellion, Kelsier was selfish and even admits this. While the members of his crew are 'good' men, self preservation is still a motivation for all of them). The Final Empire is a hostile place, and it is difficult enough as it is to survive as a skaa without having to worry about being honorable. I'll bet a lot of skaa save honor for a time when honor can feed them.

Luthadel is one of the most dangerous, dog-eat-dog places in the empire. Klyde, knowing this, isn't going to be taking any chances, and will be doing what it takes to survive and enrich himself and his crew. The Final Empire is a place filled with moral ambiguity, so if you character is a very moral one, you might want to be prepared to have those morals challenged, even if they aren't changed (conflict=fun :) )

That said, we don't have to do the old woman scheme if a lot of people are opposed to it. I'm just saying, taking advantage of the nobility is kind of what skaa thieves do.

DemonPony, I've seen your thread (don't worry I'm not ignoring you!), but at this point, I'm not sure which of my characters would be free and in that area to interact with Lyr. If I do figure that out before the thread wraps up, I will definitely try to join :). That being said, feel free to use the plotting boards to plan other threads with other characters. Sometimes open ended threads are difficult to get going. A little planning with other players can be very helpful.

Lanscaper, I like the idea of your plumber somehow being involved in all of this, haha.

Posted Image

#46 Haradion Drogon

Skaa

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

When I said that the Nobles impersonating, were well known, I mean to say they were known of, like the Name etc, but not actualy seen in Luthandel.

Kalin is a Terrisman healer, so Maybe he can cure the Old Women. if She injurs himself. Perhaps some of the Thieves are opposed to the Pla, and dislike haveing to trik her, but I think your right that the oppertunity would not be passed up by the Thieves...

Maybe that could be good conflict? One group is opposed to decieving her, while the other is infavour of it?

Can we get a List of all the people we intend to have in the group please?

Characters:

EruSaar - Kandra

#47 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

I am so up for swindling an old lady. :) Totally. I think it would also be great as a moral challenge for the members that have more heroic ideals.

Hoping that you won't leave Trev out? xD
user posted image

#48 Thoughtful Spurts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

I like the idea of Zincell trying to care a lot for the old lady, and the woman either mistaking her for a family member, or treating her like crap as many nobles do their servants. I also like the idea of the woman already being dead. XD.

Though I think it would be interesting if they got a dying house to "sponsor" them and lend them a hand for a bit of profit.:)

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Inactive:

Noble: Eleanor Hamilton (thug) [WIP], Charlotte Morel (smoker) [WIP], Kenrick Venture [WIP], Donahue Heir [WIP], Madeline (mistborn) [WIP].

#49 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

The list I put out earlier wasn't really comprehensive. I forgot several people, so Trev's not alone :)

It's hard to make a list, because people are coming and going (haven't seen Khaelys in a while, for example), and people who were originally interested might not be anymore. Plus, not everyone who is here has an accepted character yet, which could change some things as well

I think it would just be better for people to post here if they are interested and go off of that. Then, we can finalize things in the RP itself. Perhaps, when the crew actually gets going in the RP, THEN we can make a roster, that can be updated as time goes on.

Posted Image

#50 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

Donatien is definitely in. I'm still working out how to deal with his identity (you'll understand when his app goes up), but he'll definitely gravitate towards the underground pretty quick. The only question, I guess, is how he finds Klyde specifically.

You were right, Matt; I'm the one who thought up swindling the old lady. And I'm totally up for it still, if enough of the rest of the crew is interested. :) I also believe Trev and Nessa will be available on an as-needed basis when the crew needs muscle, as long as it doesn't interfere with their rebellion duties.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Haradion Drogon

Skaa

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

Well My Characters Name has been changed to Kobalt, rather then Ethen for community issues but My character is still the same.

Ohh! I had an idea how we could all meet. What if we all attend the same tarven, and the Barmen is a fence and therfore knows what if he asks the Barman " Whoes the best medical Man (Kalin) whop can I count on for a Pickpocket, whoes fast onm his feet? (Kobalt) Know who has the sharpest eye (That tineye (sorry forgot you characters name)) etc etc.

Maybe out first Posts can be us meeting?

Edited by Haradion Drogon, 14 January 2012 - 10:30 PM.

Characters:

EruSaar - Kandra

#52 Thoughtful Spurts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

"You all meet in a tavern"? Really? Zincell, Khaelys and Klyde have all already met, and Klyde will spend most of cycle 2 hospitalized, so the likelyhood of him going around in a tavern is kind of slim.

...then again, he is Klyde...

Lyr doesn't really want to get involved in the underground, as I understand it, but she won't say no (I think), so she'd have to be sought out. Perhaps the crew could form in Lyr's restaurant thread? Though, since Donatien is blind I think Zincell would have the sharpest eye, what with the tinminds and all. Another interesting idea could have to do with Lyr's kid...

So for a "character list" of people who may or may not be included/involved/have anything to do with the thieving crew, we have...

Approved Klyde, skaa thieving crew leader. Age: 31
Approved Delissia, skaa with delusions of nobility. Age: 20
Approved Khaelys, vindictive skaa coinshot. Age: 17
Approved Zincell, travelling Keeper of Terris. Age:17
Approved Nessa, unexperienced skaa thug. Age:17
Approved Trev, experienced skaa thug. Age: 38
Approved Matthias, skaa rioter with muscle. Age:37
Approved Lyr, motherly skaa smoker with child. Age: 32
Approved Cassi, crazy informant secretly noblewoman. Age: 18
not-yet-approved Donatien, blind nobleman tineye. Age:??
not-yet-approved Kalin, healer Keeper of Terris. Age: 23
not-yet-approved Kobalt, skaa lurcher thief. Age: 17
not-yet-approved As of yet unfinished plumber guy.
not-yet-approved Old lady.
not-yet-approved Possibly other members of the resistance.

Edited by Thoughtful Spurts, 15 January 2012 - 02:29 AM.

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Inactive:

#53 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Cassi isn't part of the crew, though they might have more interaction with her, depending on how Klyde handles himself in the current thread, haha, and Nessa and Trev would be joining on a casual basis, but still TS, nice list ;)

I'm not sure if I understand your tavern idea Haradion. Who is this bartender, and why is he asking a crowd of people who are the best at things? I can't really see Klyde putting his crew together that way... but I might be misunderstanding you.

Posted Image

#54 Haradion Drogon

Skaa

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

it was just an idea. That Klyde is looking for a big Job and wants to recruit some people for it, so He asks an Infomrat (possibly a bar tender) if he knows of any good thieves....

Characters:

EruSaar - Kandra

#55 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Okay, I think I understand now. The thing is for that to work each person would have to be well known for their abilities. Since many of them are newcomers to luthadel I'm not sure how well it would work. I do like the idea of possibly using an informant (Jenna perhaps?) though so maybe we can figure something out.

Posted Image

#56 Thoughtful Spurts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

...I know Cassi isn't part of the crew. I put her there because she'll be involved and interact with it, or at least she has been involved with Klyde. Same with the plumber (unless things change) and the old lady. It was more a list of people of interest than of crewmembers themselves. A "character list" of people who may or may not be "included/involved/have anything to do with" the thieving crew.

...Regardless... Kobalt could look up Klyde's crew because there's already two teenagers in it and he said in his profile that people often don't take him seriously because of his youth...

*brain=mush. Runs out of ideas*

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Inactive:

#57 Haradion Drogon

Skaa

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

I had an idea. What if Klyde found Kobalt when he tried to pick his pocket? Instead of thrashing him, he ropes Kobalt into the group because he likes the talent he sees? And thats how he meets the crew?

Characters:

EruSaar - Kandra

#58 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:44 AM

That might work... Depending on what happens. We d just have to figure out when.

Posted Image

#59 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Why does it have to be Klyde who's the only one using the informants and recruiting people? It can easily go the other way. Donatien, for example, will be drawn to the underground right from the start - I can easily see him fishing for information about crews, their leaders, and who's hiring.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Thoughtful Spurts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

True. It could also be Khaelys who is looking for more people to help him in his quest for revenge against Lekal. The resistance could also help, and that's how Trev gets involved. Or the old lady could be more than she seems, and "sponsor" Klyde and company.

...or something. :unsure:

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Inactive:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users