The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Skaa Theiving Crews

76 replies to this topic

#61 DemonPony

Skaa

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

TS has it right--Lyr probably won't go LOOKING for a crew, but an offer would be too tempting for her to refuse. She, at least, is "known" enough as a Smoker that if someone goes looking for one, the information that she's available is out there. Alternatively, it's now been established that she knows Trev.

I'm open to any and all ideas, though!
:: Lyrel, Skae Smoker ::

#62 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

As I understand it, it's mostly that Trev needs something to do, and it's also a good way to sniff out potential rebellion members. Plus, Nessa (who's training under him) needs some on-the-job experience. I doubt Trev as I understand him would care about a random stranger kid's revenge quest (from his point of view anyways), but since Trev and Klyde already know each other, that's an easy in right there.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

Looking Good in Red

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

As far as people other than Klyde doing the recruiting, Klyde and I are happy to let other people do our work for us :unsure:, so I can't say I will be complaining. This might be a good option, due to Klyde's being in the hospital.

The other thing, is maybe Klyde could be recruited in some way? Like, beyond finding Delissia, he doesn't have much of a plan as far as a next job is concerned. His next move is just to begin building up a crew. What if someone (like Donatien) begins getting some of these stray thieving crew type characters together with a job in mind (perhaps the old lady plot), but needs a charismatic well connected leader to pull it off. Since Klyde just got back to town and doesn't have a crew of his own, I could see him possibly being a logical choice.

Posted Image

#64 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

Now then...this is interesting. So I'm trying to work out how my plumber if going to work out now that some aspects of his character were pointed out to not work so well. I'm starting to realize that as a plumber he'd have a unique kind of access to copper, and could potentially run a Smoker crew.

The thing is that I wanted to make a non-allomancy character next, so does it make sense if the person running the crew isn't a Smoker (kinda like Kelsier). Rather he's the owner of the location that they run their operation out of. He provides them copper shavings (a metallurgist character would be good too to make sure it's Allomancers copper) from his work with copper pipes.

I could just make him a Smoker and eliminate the problem. This would entail four NPCs the way I figure: his son, two other Smokers, and a metallurgist of some sort (probably informal training).

Also the reason why I'm posting this here rather than in the workshop is because this Smoker's crew idea is tailored more towards a Thieving Crew, and if not for such a use I'd probably go for a different direction with my character creation.

Player Characters:

Noblemen: Winston Elariel

Skaa: Jonesi | Pipes

Work in Progress: Martin Meson - De Facto House Lord, Marcus Meson - House Heir, Jimmi - Foreman in Training, NeeSun - Kandra of a Thousand Minds, Zulo - Keeper of Forgotten Foods

#65 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

I'm not really sure if a plumber would even have a shop, as the skaa laborers would likely be working under the noble contractor who leases them. As for the metallurgist, (s)he'd have to be informally trained, unless you have a reason that the character would be raised amongst the nobility - which is the only way to gain knowledge of Allomantic metallurgy.

Other than the possible old lady, does anyone have ideas for potential heists we could pull off?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 Kalin

Skaa

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

Kalin, would be known to Skaa, as a healer who has helped the thieves beofre, so Kylde could know Kalin that way. By the way, do we have base yet? Becuase I think the 'Skinned Rat' tavern Idea might be interesting, and it would link into the story of Kalin. Then Klyde could come in with Kobalt, ect.

#67 Lyrebon

Steward in Training

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

There's ample opportunity for Matthias to get involved as he's out roaming the skaa districts often, poking around the underground. Since some of my rebels survived Belinsk they'd have to have integrated themselves with the populace, effectively acting as Matthias' eyes-and-ears.

Though there's always room for a comical encounter with Klyde. Something on the lines of Matthias suspecting he or Trev is recruiting for a crew and Klyde / Trev suspecting Matthias of the same. I'd imagine they have an exquisite spy network? Matthias' description will have popped up several times.

#68 Artas

Skaa

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

As he has recently been accepted I just wanted to let it be known that Artas is available for joining up in a crew. Being a recently snapped tineye, and experienced lock-pick, he can fulfill the scouting needs of the crew. He has lived in Luthadel all his life and been involved with crime so chances are he knows of Klyde.

#69 Thoughtful Spurts

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

So... now we know that Klyde is going to be hospitalized for a bit, and Winston offered Zincell a job for her and possibly "her crew"... what will that mean?

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Terris: Zincell (Feruchemist)
Skaa: Ema (Tineye), Laurence (smoker),

Inactive:

Skaa: Tiffany [WIP], Lord Donahue (smoker) [WIP]. Ms. Grantham [WIP]
Noble: Eleanor Hamilton (thug) [WIP], Charlotte Morel (smoker) [WIP], Kenrick Venture [WIP], Donahue Heir [WIP], Madeline (mistborn) [WIP].

#70 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

So I'm currently working on my Jonesi character, and I'm trying to think of anyone that has been in the Skaa Underground for around forty plus years, and thus would know about "Black Arm Jones", I'll give more backstory to him later, still working on several different characters at the moment.

This is for the skaa family that I'm forming, the core of which is Jonesi the family patriarch, Pipes the burnt Smoker, and Jimmi Pipes' son. There are other Skaa Misting positions open and feel free to contact me about joining. Right now the only things that I have nailed down in terms of a roster are Smokers, two of which I run, and Jonesi as a Seeker. This branch of the family focuses mainly on security, Smokers and Tineyes, but they do have several of the other physical Allomantic Mistings. There is a ban on emotional Allomancy so no Rioters or Soothers, as emotional Allomancy poses a security risk, although they do have Rioters and Soothers, they just aren't provided with the metal.

If you want to contact me about the family I am available via PM, AIM, Skype, or recently I hang out on the mIRC channel #MistbornRPG on occaision.

Player Characters:

Work in Progress: Martin Meson - De Facto House Lord, Marcus Meson - House Heir, Jimmi - Foreman in Training, NeeSun - Kandra of a Thousand Minds, Zulo - Keeper of Forgotten Foods

#71 Thoughtful Spurts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

So... Anyone have any new ideas for the whole thieving crew thing?

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Inactive:

Noble: Eleanor Hamilton (thug) [WIP], Charlotte Morel (smoker) [WIP], Kenrick Venture [WIP], Donahue Heir [WIP], Madeline (mistborn) [WIP].

#72 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Not really, Matt is at his summer camp, and as Klyde runs the most active crew...well I'm not sure what might happen without his input.

Perhaps what might happen is that without Klyde's leadership the crew members are left to their own devices, and thus Zincell is free to take the offered job. Although I'm not sure what Klyde's response to this might be. There is also the matter that there is no 'second-in-command' established, although the closest person to this might be Trev.

What we see in Mistborn is that the Theiving Crew looks to Dockson as a sort of second-in-command organizer, but each member is given authority in respect to their skill set. I think that Klyde's crew operates somewhat on the same level. Klyde is the organizer/leader much like how Kelsier was. There is no character similar to Dockson that I am aware of off the top of my head. Trev would be similar to Ham. There is no single person fulfilling the role of con-artist, but there are several thieves and enforcer types. I guess the thing with the current crew is that with Klyde in bed-rest the crew is without any set direction or leadership, which didn't happen with the crew in Mistborn because they had a larger goal to focus on. So now between jobs there is the potential that the crew might just fall apart if Klyde takes too long to recover.

This is all idle thoughts, and by no means should we create a crew with the same objectives as Kelsier's, although that might very well happen. Right now I think that the crew needs to figure out who the second in command is, and then have them run the crew in the interim.

Player Characters:

#73 Thoughtful Spurts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

There seems to be no possible/plausible/workable second in command-- should we make one? I mean, I think Tiffany might make a good second in comand, I guess, but I don't know if he and Klyde would know eachother, and he... cooks stuff. He's kind of put thievery on the back-burner. Though he may go back to it...hmm...

Edited by Thoughtful Spurts, 05 January 2013 - 07:58 PM.

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Inactive:

#74 Lanscaper

Steward in Training

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well, as the current RP is shaping up, Jonesi is going to reactivate the workshop. The old hands like Grunt, Grin, and Grim are going to be passing on their art to the next generation. I'll add their NPC profiles tonight because I had coffee.

Basically Jonesi is probably going to have a couple jobs going on at once, because at the rate that their savings and stockpiles of resources are getting burned through they need alternative revenue streams.

Jonesi, Grunt, Grin, and Grim will each run one job each. Jonesi and Grunt will run a heist each, Grin will probably run a confidence sting, and Grim will take an assassination job.

As for second-in-commands for Klyde's crew you need someone that Trev will feel that he can answer to. Trev is the best current candidate as he is most well connected in the underworld and holds a respectable amount of weight.

Player Characters:

#75 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Trev's attentions, however, are largely taken up by the rebellion, and in my discussions with Borbygmus, I'm not sure how interested he will be in a thieving crew at the moment (especially one that Klyde is leading, as the two don't exactly like each other).

As for who Klyde's second would be, I'd like to leave that open for now, and see what happens as the RP progresses. Tiffany may or may not be a good fit, I'd have to read his application first, but I'm definitely open to the idea.

Posted Image

#76 Thoughtful Spurts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Tiffany is still in the ''still gets reworked every few read-throughs'' stage, but right now he´s a ladykiller, cook, former conman, contact and planner of a number of thieving crews. He´s in retirement from conning because of disfigurement a few years back that happened thanks to a con-gone-wrong and him receiving the beating of his life-- it kind of made him lose his confidence. Often 'consults' for a friend´s crew or another, but hasn´t been really involved in a job in years. My concept when working on him so far has been along the lines of Dockson meets Barney from ''How I Met Your Mother''.

He always knows a guy for something, and if not he knows a guy who knows a guy. Very meticulous and detail oriented, but still able to keep the big picture in mind when working to make sure everything is perfect. May know Klyde from before, if you wanted.

Given that he´s still pretty reworkable, I think it´d be good to make him with the purpose of being Klyde´s new second.

Thoughtful Spurts

Characters:

Active:

Inactive:

#77 Comatose

Looking Good in Red

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hmmm, that sounds interesting. I'm intrigued as to how their mutual weakness and aptitude with women will affect their dynamic. Keep me posted with his progress.

A funny trope might be that, since Tiffany is a girl's name, Klyde continually tries to give him a new nickname, but they never fit/stick.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users