The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Hullo.

14 replies to this topic

#1 The Scrivener

Skaa

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:51 AM

Salutations, all. I'm Scriv. Some of you might know me as TPaS from Timewaster's Guide -- perhaps you don't. I'm hardly what you might call active, over there.

At any rate! I've followed Sanderson's work for a good few years now, since I was handed my first copy of Elantris. I hungrily devoured it and moved on to Mistborn, which has since become a major influence on my own writing. Can't say I'm sorry that it is, it being the great work of art that we all know and love. (Yes, I like to call myself a writer. No, I'm not published. Not yet, at least.)

So, what led me here? It's a bizarre story, actually, involving a horned owl and a very angry Hoid. I doubt you want to hear--

Kidding, of course. I followed Chaos's link on TWG.

Here's hoping we get some great roleplay going. See you around.
"Should a man offend you, and you doubt whether it was intentional, hit him with a brick. That will be sufficient."
~Mark Twain

#2 The Scrivener

Skaa

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:01 AM

...bollocks, I only just noticed the "account = character" bit on the rules. I don't suppose I can get the account renamed once I finish the application?
"Should a man offend you, and you doubt whether it was intentional, hit him with a brick. That will be sufficient."
~Mark Twain

#3 Chaos

High House Noble

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

Yeah, we do that all the time, no problem at all.

Good to have you here!

#4 Valkynphyre

MiBoam Obligara the Inquisikandra

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:03 AM

Woo! another TWGer!
Valkyn Venture
Other Characters: Phyra Venture, Brand, Fenna, Lian Vaunter.

#5 Perrin

Member of Lucille Deveaux's Book Club

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:17 AM

Welcome!! I'm assuming your current screenname is a reference to the Alcatraz books? If so, awesome! If not, well.... boo. Haha!

You can call me Eriaan... or just Lauren. Probably easier that way. I play Eriaan, Maks, Perrin, and Delzen. Can't wait to write with you!
<div align=center>Posted Image</div>

#6 The Scrivener

Skaa

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Time for me to get working on a character.
~Mark Twain

#7 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

Welcome, Scriv! It's good to have you around. I'm Camille, the other half of the Wonder Duo that is the administrative team here on MBI. ;) It's great to meet you, and I look forward to RPing with you soon. Please let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to join us on IM!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 The Scrivener

Skaa

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

Four days and no character inspiration. : /
This is getting a bit sad.
~Mark Twain

#9 Valkynphyre

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Well, we could use more skaa, and noone has done a kandra yet...

No feruchemists either...

There's a couple of Skaa Allomancers in the Kitchen of House Casuana, you could write up one of those...

for my first character, I cannibalized the character Kvothe from The Name of the Wind, Valkyn, a character from a book I'm writing, a little from Zane and Marsh, and added severe emotional trauma.

I think they mixed well...

I guess what I'm trying to say is take someone you love, combine it with something else, mix in some conflict and bake at 350 degrees for three and a half hours.

Hope I helped, but I somehow doubt it.
Valkyn Venture

#10 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:00 AM

Or you could brainstorm with other members on the boards to come up with something a little more original. ;) Hit me up on AIM if you ever wanna chat, or just start a brainstorming thread here. We have plenty of fun, creative people who'd be willing to help you out.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Niro

Magnus Venture's Desk

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:51 PM

I'd be willing to assist also.
user posted image

#12 The Scrivener

Skaa

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:29 AM

No, no, no assistance is necessary -- the character itself was the easy part. I've managed to yet again root myself in writing a many-pages-long backstory. Will be done soon. Promise.
~Mark Twain

#13 Valkynphyre

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:37 AM

Looking forward to it! ^^;
Valkyn Venture

#14 The Scrivener

Skaa

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

Computer barely functioning. Perhaps a few minutes' battery life left. Will join RP when it returns from the shop.
~Mark Twain

#15 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

Sounds good. See you then, and good luck with the repairs!

Posted Image
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users