The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Interrogation

W1 D6 EV Cantos Orlan Valkyn Venture Ignas

42 replies to this topic

#21 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Cantos nodded and extinguished his steel. He glances at the Inquisitor and notices how the man relaxes while listening to his music. He turns his attention inward and picks a new metal, one that doesn't feel familiar, and begins to burn it. He feels nothing however. He frowns, "I choose a new metal. I feel nothing, and see nothing. I know it is not Iron, Steel, or Pewter, nor is it the metal that is paired with Pewter. Do you sense anything?"

((OOC: Copper)

#22 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

MiBoam Obligara the Inquisikandra

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

The Inquisitor looked frustrated. He listened while he played, mumbling about being unable to hear. A whispered name.

"Copper. The Mental Internal Pulling Metal. It hides you and others around you from those who would burn bronze. It has its uses, but when burning, you cannot feel others' touch on your emotions. It hides you, but it also blinds you.

"Regardless, many mistborn burn it always. The rebellion requires that you do the same. It is not perfect... there are... ways to puncture a coppercloud, but for now, you should burn it.

"Now, find the metal it is paired with."

Valkyn VentureOther Characters: Phyra Venture, Brand, Fenna, Lian Vaunter.

#23 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Cantos turned his attention inward and began searching through the metals, finding the one he was burning, and quickly identifying its partner. He spoke, "I fount it, but I have not started to burn it yet." He pauses "What will it do?"

#24 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

"Burn it and find out."

The inquisitor seemed at once anxious and relaxed.

#25 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

With nothing more then an instinctual burn, Cantos began to burn the metal and was overwhelmed with a sudden sensation of pulses and beats. "I feel..." He looked directly at the Inquisitor, "You. I feel you. Pulsing. And also others near and far." He frowned as he focused on these new sensations. "Something seems different however. Some pulses have a different touch to them then others."

#26 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:45 AM

Valkyn looked up from his music, shocked. A visible thought occured to him and he relaxed.

"That is Elena. Her heartbeat will let you find other allomancers. Any who do not burn copper will give off pulsings. Some will push against you, some will pull against you.

"You are indeed strong to be able to disinguish between pushes and pulls so quickly. With a few months of practice, you may be able to tell the difference between the individual metals. The pulses they make, the rythyms vary, but the differences are subtle. For now, it seems you will be able to tell whether a metal pushes or pulls, but likely little else.

"Bronze is the most subtle of all the metals. It's power is not readily apparent, but through it you can learn more than any other. Eventually, after completing your training, you may even be able to tell whether other allomancers are flaring or dimming their metals, and sometimes, you may even be able to tell when your opponent's metals are low. It is even possible, with enough study, power, and training, to know which emotions soothers and rioters are trying to influence.

"Burn it always, let Elena guide you. Listen to her. She will be there for you as long as you are using bronze."

The Inquisitor seemed relaxed, more so than Cantos had ever seen him. His bronze was flared as high as possible. Elena sang to him, even through the copper.

"Another metal, now. There are four--"

Valkyn set aside his lute, drew out a golden boxing and began to shave flakes off it with a small metal file.

"--Five metals to learn more about tonight, though none can be covered in great detail."

#27 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

Cantos smiled and eagerly dove back into his metals. He paused for a moment and considered. He had looked at Iron and Steel, and had spoken briefly on them. Their power shone in his body, and he eagerly wanted to burn them again. But others remained. He had done Copper and Bronze, and was starting to understand their importance. Copper still burned in his body, and he eagerly kept Bronze alive as well, though he frowned at the mention of the lady. What was this? Some kind of religious underpinning? He was confused, but set it aside for now.

So that left four, yet the Inquisitor had mentioned five. He examined them. One he thought he knew, the metal that had kept him alive, and if his knowledge was correct, Pewter. He examined the quietly pulsing metal beside it and brought it to life.

Cantos staggered. The room was bright, brighter then the brightest day. His clothing felt rough and hard against his skin, each fiber an intense needle. Smells he had no name for assaulted his nostrils.

He struggled for control, fighting hard and then dampening, but still burning the metal. He looked straight at the Inquisitor, his eyes seeing more then ever before, "I see, feel, and hear everything." He whispered, but his voice came out as loudly as if he was announcing orders to his Skaa Hazekillers back home.

He focused on the Gold. "What is the fifth metal? And what is its pair? And beyond that, what turns the pair into a group of four?' The side tracking of his thoughts helped him to stay focused on his training, and not loose himself in new sensations.

#28 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

The Inquisitor dismissed his questions with a wave of his hand, then tipped the gold flakes into an allomantic vial.

"Tin. The physical internal pulling metal. It's strengths are quite clear, as are it's weaknesses. Use it when necessary, but do not flare it constantly. Not only does it leave you vulnerable to sounds and flashes of light, it stretches your body. All the metals do, but the effect is most noticeable with pewter and tin. Your body can become too reliant on them.

However, tin lets you pierce the mists, and can help you recover your senses when stunned. It is extremely useful."

The Inquisitor paused, opened his mouth, closed it and tossed the vial to him.

"Move to the next metal. Three more basic ones to cover."

#29 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Quickly extinguishing Tin, Cantos turned inward to contemplate which metal he would burn next. He choose pewter, as he had burned it before and knew more about it. As his body grew powerful he smiled, "Pewter. Sister to Tin, and one that enhances healing and strength. I used this metal to heal under the care of my Skaa Hazekillers." His expression falls a bit, the memory of his healing coming with the memory of his lost wife.

#30 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

Valkyn paused the music and the emotional allomancy when he heard the pain in the man's voice. He sat silently, expressionless.

Softly, he asked a question. Gently, but knowing it would hurt. Like peeling a scab off a burn."What is your wife's name?"

#31 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:41 AM

Cantos started, "Her name was Alisa." He paused as he remembered her face, his body burning pewter, agile and strong, the weapon of his revenge. Though their was pain, their was also anger.

As his anger began to mount, his pewter began to flare. He could feel strength and power flowing through his bones and muscles. In a whisper, "And when I find the man responsible for leaving her to die.... I will kill him." He looks straight at the Inquisitor, his blood pounding, his enhanced strength a clarion trumpet call to action against his enemy.

#32 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

"That is Alisa. She will give you the stregth, speed, and grace you need. When you purn pewter, you will learn to find her caress in it. When you flare it, you will feel her next to you. She is what kept you alive when you were injured. And she can be with you whenever you need her. All you need is a little pewter."

The inquisitor paused, leaning forward, trying to see into the shieldbearer's soul.

"Be careful with pewter, for it will push your body more than any other metal. Flaring it consantly can endow you with the power to perform great feats, but there is a price to be paid in the end. Headaches, weakness, exhaustion. Extended pewter drag can make you miserable.

"Always keep a wary eye on the amount of pewter you have left. Running out of pewter during a battle is death. Running out of pewter during a chase means capture. Running out of pewter while injured is death. Running out of pewter while performing great feats of strength means injury or death.

"Keep it with you. Not too much, though. A coinshot or lurcher can put you off balance if you carry too much. Never run out, though. For if you lose pewter, Alisa can no longer lend you strength."

#33 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:09 AM

Cantos turned again inward, listening to the words of the Inquisitor, knowing there was truth there. His Alisa did live on, as if her soul had been taken from her body and transfered into his allomancy. His pewter seemed to beat with the waves they had both fallen in love with, her voice a whispered cadence in tune with the burning and flaring of the powerful metal.

Cantos ceased to burn the metal with a whispered good bye. He turned instead, with a ragged gasp, to the next, and final, two he had available. He burned the first, and felt that it was a pulling metal. He reached instinctively through the metal, and touched on the mind of the Inquisitor, not knowing exactly what he was doing, he pulled on his mind. "What is this?" He murmured out loud, knowing the Inquisitor should feel what he was doing.

#34 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

"ZINC!" The Inquisitor yelled, straining to fight down his emotions. Anger, Pain, Joy, Depression, and twenty other emotions warring on his face. It was surprising how many emotions could be expressed without eyes.

With great effort, he managed to suppress them, or at least, his reaction to them.

"The Mental External Pulling Metal. With Zinc, you can make others feel any emotion you wish. Never use it on an obligator. Many noblemen can also notice your touch if you are not careful. However, with practice and training, with Zinc and Brass you can make people feel exactly the way you want.

"What is most important is being able to read the emotions others are feeling. Changing others' emotions is a difficult process to perfect. Too much of an emotion, too strong of a push, too weak of a push, or a wrong emotion touched will trigger other emotions. It takes much mental dexterity to learn, and more to apply.

"Two more metals."

#35 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

Cantos quickly extinguished his metals, letting the influence go. He winced slightly and apologized. He turned his mind to the other metal and just began to burn it. "Brass. Soother." He murmured. Ne did nothing with the metal, just burned it. "You say two more, but which two? I have burned them all? Is this gold and its alloy?"

#36 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:42 AM

"Gold you will learn tonight, and brass was the other. I have no atium to spare for your training.

"As for Brass, It is the Mental External pushing metal. With it, you can make others feel less. Often, you can do with brass exactly what can be done with zinc. People are more complicated than simple metals. A push or a pull can sometimes achieve the same effect.

"Now, burn gold."

#37 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Cantos paused for a moment, before taking the gold dust in his hand. Mixing it with some water, he swallowed it. As it sat in his stomach, he began to stoke its flame, and let out a startled gasp: a duplicate of him stood nearby, ash stained, face angry and bitter, clothing shredded and old. He described what he saw in close and stopping gasps. With a shudder, he extinguished the metal. "What was that?"

#38 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:43 PM

"I do not know. I have never burned gold. Its effects are mostly unknown to me. Apparently it causes some sort of hallucination. Many Mistborn burn it only once in their lives."

The Inquisitor paused.

"I have taught all I can without practice on your part, though I do have some admonitions. You must learn to use these abilities. You will need to buy your own metals, though the rebellion can likely supply them in a pinch.

"Buy metals only from allomancer's metal shops. The mixtures have to be exactly right, or the metals will give you blinding headaches. Burning a nonallomantic metal can bring serious pain, and possibly death.

"Remember to burn away any metals left in your stomach before you fall asleep. Many of them are toxic.

"If you have any further questions, you should ask them now."

#39 Cantos Orlan

Skaa

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:03 AM

Cantos considered: "You mention that there are two more metals but that doesn't make sense." He pauses. "There are four physical metals from my understanding, both from what we've gone over here and what I've studied. There are also four mental metals. Two groups of two each. There should be another group of four, made of two groups of two, of which Gold is one. Do you know what those metals are?"

He pauses trying to figure it out himself.

#40 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

"Good. You noticed.

"The last group of metals has only two. Gold and Atium. They do not fit the pattern provided by the others. They are not alloys. Nor do they have alloys. They are called the higher metals. Eight basic metals, two higher metals.

"Anything else?"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users