The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Five Finger Discount

W1 D6 LM Niro Nessa Eriaan Maks Perrin

27 replies to this topic

#21 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• Relationship StatusBeginning a Relationship with Perrin

• OriginCentral Dominance Plantation

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

Nessa snorted. "You're right, I wouldn't know," she agreed. "I was never lucky enough to be fed like that. If I ate at all, it was whatever I could scrounge up off the street or whatever scraps were left over when the rest of the crew had taken their fill and were in enough of a drunken stupor to keep their filthy hands off me for more than two seconds. Not every skaa is lucky enough to get a job. Some of us are left on our own.

"If you're gonna steal under my nose,"
she added in icy tones, "Do it because you have to steal your food to stay alive. Don't you dare give me such a pathetic excuse as wanting something that tastes better. People like you don't even deserve handouts."

#22 Niro

Magnus Venture's Desk

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:10 AM

It was now Niro's turn to snort. ?Don't give me that bull that a skaa can't get a job. If you haven't noticed, us skaa are a slave race, if we're even the same species as the nobles at all. About 95% of this city's skaa are hard workers, in noble's homes or mills or forges, whatever. The other 5% are the thieves, the beggars, then the scammers and underground workers. There are plenty of opportunities for jobs. As skaa, we're meant to work.?

Niro paused for a moment, thinking for just barely a second. ?Any noblemen would be happy for one more worker in this business, whatever they do. I bet you could have gotten a job as a noble's chambermaid or at the mills. When my brother abandoned me years ago, I got a job. And I was barely eleven. And stealing isn't exactly a handout, you gotta work for it, you know. Whether that work is sneaking into the place, picking the lock, or running like a Mistwraith is follow you across rooftops if someone notices you breaking and entering. If anything, you were just too lazy or too afraid to go to anywhere and get a job.?
user posted image

#23 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:40 AM

Too lazy? Too scared?

"You don't know anything!" Nessa snarled, leaping forward and taking vicious swing at the arrogant would-be thief. "You think you know me?" Another swing. "You think you know what my life is like?" Another.

"You try getting a job as a skaa woman!" she shrieked. "You try staying alive when all anyone wants you for is to be some nobleman's plaything for a while before your masters slaughter you with the rest of the whores!"

On and on she went, completely lost in her fury. Just who did this little brat think he was?

#24 Maks

Member of Lucille Deveaux's Book Club

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:24 AM

If it weren't for the fact that Nessa was potentially seriously injuring this boy, Maks would have been impressed with how quickly she got across the room, as well as for how strongly she was defending herself. She was most definitely a good addition to the rebellion, whether she knew it or not yet.

"Nessa!" Maks jumped into action, much slower than Nessa's pewter fueled body. He latched onto her arms from behind her, trying to pull her away from the boy, but it was like pulling against a stone wall. She was just too strong for him to really do anything.

"Ah so it was Nessa's dulcet tones that I heard upstairs just now, I--" Perrin's voice came from behind him, the mistborn had apparently strolled in, arms folded across his chest just watching as if there wasn't anything dangerous going on.

"Perrin, do something!" Maks growled out, cutting him off mid-sentence. Perrin gave him a confused smirk, then leaped into the fray, wrapping his arms tightly around Nessa's waist and stepping backwards with her still thrashing about a bit. Maks knelt next to the boy, "Are you ok? Nothing broken?"

#25 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:37 AM

"Let me go!" Nessa growled, flailing about as she tried to escape Perrin's strong hold on her middle. "Let me go! Did you here what he called me? Did you hear what he said? I'll show him how 'scared' and 'lazy' I really am!"

#26 Perrin

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:49 AM

Doing his best to keep his face as far away from Nessa's arms as possible, Perrin grinned, "Well, you did sleep in when you were supposed to have met up with me for training the other morning. So, yeah, I'd say lazy could describe you fairly well."

Maks glanced away from the boy on the ground, frowning, "Not helping, Perrin. Just keep Nessa over there until she calms down a little."

"Can do, my friend," he tightened his grip on Nessa a little, "What's got you all riled up now, eh, Sweets?"

Posted Image

#27 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:13 AM

"What do you think got me riled up!?" Nessa asked, burning pewter to try and escape his grasp. "It's that brat over there! He doesn't know anything! Let me go!"

Nessa growled, pulling at Perrin's arm. "Put me down,"she repeated. "I'll show him!"

#28 Maks

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:44 AM

Maks turned his attention away from Nessa, who continued to struggle against Perrin's grip, and back to the boy in front of him. "Apparently, you haven't yet learned to watch what you say. I suggest that you keep your tongue in check for the rest of this conversation, eh?"

"Now, how about telling me your name."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users