The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Azoth Urbain

4 replies to this topic

#1 Azoth Urbain

Skaa

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:40 AM

"Azoth Urbain"
Inquisitor

Player Information
Handle : Azoth Urbain

Character Information
Name: Azoth Urbain
Type: Inquisitor
Canton: Canton of Inquisition
Marital Status: Single

Powers
Type of Powers: Hemalurgy
Metals Used: Steel Hemalurgic spike, Pewter Hemalurgic spike, Aluminum Hemalurgic spike, Bronze Hemalurgic spike
Degree of Skill: Advanced

Appearance
Hair: Bald
Eyes: Basic Inquisitor eyes with steel spikes sticking out of them
Height: 6'0
Weight: 149 lbs
Voice: Deep, calming voice
Overall Appearance: Azoth has a pale, slightly narrow face. He walks with a slouch, and always wears the same outfit, black pants and a black robe with a hood that he usually wears up in the daytime to hide his appearance. He has a medium build and very long legs. People tend not to notice him unless they look closer. He is marked, like all Inquisitors, with Ministry eye tatoos, and has the telltale spikes in his eyes.

Other
Special Skills: Azoth is an accomplished liar. Those who know him can never fully trust what he says.
Strengths: As an accomplished liar, he is extremely adept at seeing through other people's lies. He does not anger easily, and is also extremely loyal to the Lord Ruler.
Weaknesses: His loyalty to the Lord Ruler is also a fault. He can be blinded, both to the Lord Ruler's actions. He also has little patience for things he believes do not matter.

Personality
Azoth is completely loyal to the Lord Ruler and the Canton of Inquisition. He will sacrifice anything for the glory of his god, and will kill anyone who gets in his way, including skaa and noble civilians. He does not concern himself with the material, except for those things that will help him to destroy the Lord Ruler's enemies.

History
Azoth was born into the Great House of Urbain, one of the ten Great Houses of Luthadel. From a young age, Azoth was always dedicated to the Lord Ruler. While other children grew up studying the political scene in Luthadel, Azoth studied the Steel Ministry. When he was 11, he fell from a balcony 3 stories up in Keep Urbain. In addition to breaking both legs and his right arm, Azoth snapped and became a Pewterarm.

This helped fufill Azoth's dream of joining the Steel Ministry, which he joined at age 17. While Azoth was an acolyte, he made friends with onee of his contemporaries, Makar. Makar was a poor noble from the Western Dominance who joined the Ministry for the chance to rise above his family's poor status. The two became fast friends, and they quickly rose to become the top acolytes at the Steel Ministry headquarters. About six months after he had joined the Ministry, Azoth started noticing that Makar was disappearing more and more frequently. Whenever Azoth asked about his absences, Makar would either change the subject or feign ignorance. Azoth knew his friend was lying to him about something, so one night, after they had parted, he secretly followed Makar out of the Ministry grounds. He trailed Makar to a house in the Sootwarrens district. When Makar stepped into the house, Azoth went around and peeked through the window. He saw Makar talking with several skaa, but he was too far away to hear what they were saying. Suddenly, he heard a noise behind him, then everything went black.

Azoth woke to find himself inside the house he had been looking into. As he looked around, he realized that he was tied to a chair. He also noticed that he was not the only one. Makar and the three skaa he had been talking to were also tied up on the other side of the room. While Azoth was wondering just what exactly was going on, Makar came to. His gaze fluttered around the room, then came to rest on Azoth. "You!" He exclaimed. "You brought it here!" "Brought what?" asked Azoth. Just then, a terrifying sight walked in the room. Azoth had never seen anything like it before. Black robes, with spikes for eyes, Azoth could only think of one thing. "Inquisitor." he said in a hushed voice.

"Yes." said the black clad thing. "I'm afraid you two are in a great deal of trouble." Azoth started to worry. He looked at his friend. "What have you been doing here, Makar?" he asked. The Inquisitor looked at him. "You don't know? This acolyte has been reported to be a sympathizer with the skaa rebellion. I have received information from an informant that he has agreed to leak information from the Ministry to them." Azoth look his friend. "Makar, are you really...?" Makar looked at him defiantly. "Makar, why?" he asked. Makar stared at him. "Azoth can't you see? The skaa don't deserve the treatment they get. They are hard workers, and without them, we wouldn't be able to sustain our economy. And yet the Lord Ruler oppresses them." He gestured at the three still-unconscious skaa. "It's wrong Azoth. He-" "The Lord Ruler can't be wrong Makar. The Lord Ruler is god. Whatever he does, that is the right thing to do." Makar looked away. "I knew you wouldn't understand." he said. "You're too blinded by your faith in the Lord Ruler. I'm sorry Azoth, but we're done talking."

The Inquisitor, hearing this, turned to Makar. "Are you saying this man had nothing to do with what what you are involved in?" it asked. Makar nodded. "You, Azoth!" the Inquisitor barked. You are an Allomancer, are you not?" Yes, my lord. A Pewterarm." Azoth replied. "You are lucky," the Inquisitor said as it cut Azoth's binds. "The Canton of Inquisition has been watching your progress these last few months. We were going to approach you within the next few months about joining us, but I suppose now is a good a time as any." Azoth was shocked. "Are you saying I could become an Inquisitor?" he asked. "Yes." it said. "However, it will require some... sacrifices, including your friend here." it grinned at Makar. He looked back at it, defiant. Azoth glanced at Makar. "He is no friend of mine, my lord." he said. "I serve the Lord Ruler, and his enemies will always be my enemies." He turned to Makar. "And that means that you are my enemy." He moved toward the Inquisitor. "What must I do, my lord?" The Inquisitor pulled several metal spikes from his robes. "You must watch, and no matter what, you must keep completely still." It glided towards Makar, lifting a spike. "Let us begin." it said.

The screams were heard clear across the Sootwarrens.

Ever since that night, Azoth has hunted down skaa thieving crews and Mistings for the Steel Ministry. Recently, he has heard rumors of Mistborn among the skaa, and he has decided to devote all of his time to tracking down and killing these skaa, if their existence is not simply a rumor that is...

Roleplay Sample
From the rooftops Azoth fell. Shrouded in his robe and the night he landed softly and unseen on the street laden with ash, deep in the heart Luthadel's Old Gate District. He walked swiftly and silently towards his target, moving from shadow to shadow so as not to be seen by any lookouts the skaa thieving crew might have posted. He barely noticed the ash falling lightly from the sky, except to note how it obscured his vision. He took a moment to think about his target for that night. The thieving crew he was after was a particularly troubling group. He had spent the last six months tracking this crew. They were running a scam on the Canton of Finance, and the Canton of Inquisition had finally taken notice. He looked around at the dilapidated houses, watching the windows for any sign of people looking out. He noticed some light movement out of the corner of his eye. A shadow of a shadow creeping slowly across a rooftop. He immediately burned tin, watching as the shadow resolved itself into a skaa crawling across a rooftop. He burned iron, Pulling himself up to the metal gutter running on the side of the roof. He grabbed the top and pulled himself up.

The skaa noticed him, and started running across the roof towards the target house. Azoth took out a coin from the bag at his waist and flared steel. The coin shot after the skaa, but before the man had taken five steps, he tripped. The coin missed the man and shot off into the darkness. Azoth stopped burning steel, and turned on his pewter. Running quickly, but making sure to stay silent, Azoth pounced. He grabbed the man as he was struggling to rise, and in one swift motion, snapped his neck. He stopped burning his metals as he let the lifeless body fall from his grasp. He then dropped silently back down to the street. These vermin are becoming more and more abundant,he thought. And what's worse, more and more of these crews are using half-breeds. They spit in the Lord Ruler's face every time they burn a metal.

He reached the door of the target house. A yellow door. What an odd color for a skaa house.He reached for the knob. It doesn't matter how many of them there are. He glanced at the waning moon. I will kill them all, as I will any enemy of the Lord Ruler. With a small smile, he opened the door...
user posted image

Art by Inkthinker

No one expects the Luthadel Inquisition!

#2 Miyabi

• Allomantic Seer

Skaa

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:40 PM

1. Change the eyes so that they describe the steel spikes.

2. Your history is too short. Talk more about how he entered the steel ministry and his time there. What did he do while he was there before he joined the Canton of Inquisition?

3. Your RP sample is also still a little too short, give it a little more length. Describe the area around him and the people that he is after more.

All in all I like the character so far.

Please reply to this thread once you have made the changes asked.

Edited by Mistborn, 02 June 2009 - 11:37 AM.

%mh%-5%mh%

#3 Guest_Staff_*

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

Looks like you made the first two changes from above. So I went ahead and marked them out of Miyabi's post. But if you could add just a LITTLE more length to the sample RP that would be amazing.

I am so happy we have an Inquisitor! ^_^

Love the character too!

#4 Azoth Urbain

Skaa

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:57 PM

Made those changes. I wrote the first one at 2 A.M., so I couldn't really think straight. Hope it's good enough now!
user posted image

Art by Inkthinker

No one expects the Luthadel Inquisition!

#5 Miyabi

• Allomantic Seer

Skaa

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

Two words : Accepted it!

I'll lock it here, and move it after you start an RP or join in one that's already going.

(Kalub, I think that'll work better because I'm sure if we keep moving RIGHT after accepting someone will eventually be like "OMG where did my app go?" ha ha)

%mh%-5%mh%

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users