The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

First Sight

W1 D7 MM Delissia Arnell Valkyn Venture

6 replies to this topic

#1 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusIt's Complicated

• OriginThe Western Dominance

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

Delissa stared up at Kredik Shaw's thousand spires in wonder. She could feel his power, pressing against her, calming her, so that she might better contemplate the wonder that was the Sliver of Infinity. During her travels, she had been to Luthadel several times, but only for short periods, while switching canal boats, or meeting up with travelling companions. Of course, since her travelling companion had been Klyde, those others had all been thieves, and the meetings had always been at night. Naturally, they had stayed far away from Kredik Shaw, the stronghold of their rightful Lord.

Thank the Lord Ruler I came to my senses, she thought. What was I thinking, behaving so indecently, travelling with that Klyde, and working with skaa? A small part of her seemed to whisper that Klyde was a skaa too, and an even smaller part whispered the other, deeper secret she kept from herself, but she shied away from the thought like a child from a hot brand.

"The Lord Ruler defeated the deepness. He mastered the power of the Well. He raised the nobles and gave them allomancy,
He made the skaa and taught them to serve." she recited. The litanies helped. They focused her thoughts on what was important. She took her fan out and began to wave it idly, and adjusted her parasol in her other hand to better hide her from the ash. She made sure her dress was straight, and freshened the smile she thought might be going stale. He could be watching her, from one of those wondrous towers, for all she knew, and if he was, she wanted him to see her at her best.

#2 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

MiBoam Obligara the Inquisikandra

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Valkyn woke slowly. The empty black pressed against him, suffocating. Night pursued him, the sable sky surrounded. A void the size of eternity had swallowed him while he slept. Again. He flailed wildly with a numb hand, hunting for a vial of metals. His hand touched glass, and he scrabbled for it maniacally.

He heard a muted tinkling. His hand could no longer feel the hard curvature of a vial. He must have knocked it over.

He rolled off the slab of metal beneath him and searched franticaly. After an endless panicked minute he found it, hugging the corner of a stone block. He pulled the stopper out and pushed the vial desperately to his lips, flaring the metals as soon as they were available.

Blinding white surrounded him, steel and stone assaulted his fingers, knees and toes. The myriad noises Kredik Shaw made that went unnoticed by most screamed in his enhanced hearing. His breath came rough and ragged, tearing its way through him.

He let his metals fade, his breathing and pulse return to normal. The pressing white dulled to bright blue walls, floors, ceilings. everything in this room was metal or stone.

After gaining his feet he plodded over to the washbasin and splashed cold water on his face. Freezing water.

He stored weight and fled from the room, wings on his feet. He could never stay in the room long. He realized he had forgotten his lute, and returned to acquire it.

Shortly, he was free of the crushing building. a window in the hall had provided a convenient escape onto a balcony. A cool breeze brushed against his cheeks, stronger for the distance it was to the ground. Without a second thought, he hopped over the railing and fell softly to the ground, fresh robes billowing.

Now there was an oddity. A young woman. A noble, judging by what he could make out of the dress. Clothes contained very little metal, and were hard to see against the iron-rich blood and skin of warm flesh. He dimmed his steel and iron.

She was not Elena. He wanted no part of her.

Still, why was she here? Nobles and Skaa alike avoided the hill of a thousand spires. As if it were the breeding ground for a vile plague. Or, perhaps because it held the throne of God. Reverence would perhaps account for it. Fear was perhaps a small part too, but Valkyn had no fear of The Lord Ruler. No fear, but a reverent respect. A respect the ashmounts could never shake during the fiercest eruption.

Perhaps she had come merely to approach God's presence. Perhaps that was it.

Valkyn VentureOther Characters: Phyra Venture, Brand, Fenna, Lian Vaunter.

#3 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

Delissia suddenly had that feeling someone was watching her. Before she had met Klyde, she was usually painfully oblivious to her surroundings. After all, who would have wanted to hurt her. However, when working with Klyde, one needed to be alert, and wary. The underground was a horrible place. She had left the world of distrust and sin behind her. The habits she had learned from it were harder to get rid of.

She shifted her fan slightly, and eyed the newcomer out of the corner of her eye. She nearly jumped. An Inquisitor! Don't be silly. The Inquisitors protect us. They are our Lord's trusted servants. No need to be afraid of them now. Despite her reassurances, it was difficult not to be nervous around him. The spikes through his eyes ensured that he would be intimidating.

She approached him. He may look like some sort of monster, but that was no reason to be rude. "Your Grace," she said curtsying deeply. She was a minor noblewoman far from home, and this was an extension of her god. Reverence was required. "I hope I haven't offended you or your bretheren in my contemplation of the palace." She smiled prettily. It always paid to smile prettily. "I am new to the city, and wished to see the wonder for myself." Delissia paused. Normally, she found she always had lots to say, and never had difficulty with conversation. It's the Lord's power. It's made even me somber! Her eyes went back to tower. When she spoke again, her voice was hushed, without it's usualy cheery brightness. "It is beautiful, isn't it?"

#4 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

Surprisingly, the noblewoman approached him. He noticed an irregularity in her breathing and heartbeat. At first he thought there was fear in the quickness of breath, the erratic pulsing, but it quieted quickly. At least, her breathing became regular. Her heartbeat was alternately frantic and calm.

Altogether impossible to read. As she approached, the blue lines became more pronounced, accentuating her curves. No! She's not your wife. He took a measured step back and dimmed his steel further. It didn't help much. Sure, she was slightly obscured, but her dress was completely invisible. If it would have helped, he would have turned away. But that wouldn't help. He didn't dare extinguish his metals, though. Not while she was trying to speak. It was too dangerous. too much of a chance he might miss something.

"Be of good heart, child. You have caused no offense to me or mine. It is good that you worship so.

It is in fact a rarity to behold such piety."

#5 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

"You flatter me, your grace," she said, clutching at the small steel pendant that always hung around her neck. The tiny symbol of the steel ministry was a constant reminder of her obligation to her faith. "I have ignored the faith as much as any one, I assure you. If I appear devout now, it is because I have so much to make up for." Fear began to niggle in the back of her head. I just hinted to an inquisitor that I am worth investigating! The fear was easily pushed aside. The Lord Ruler's power stole away the negative emotions as well as the good. Here, at the heart of his empire, nothing could be allowed to distract his followers. Delissia had heard of the power of his allomancy, but this was the first time she had experienced it herself. It was breath-taking.

She found that in her distraction, her smile had slipped, and so she hastily replaced it. It wouldn't do to frown at an Inquisitor! "Surely, yoru grace is lucky, to live so close to your god." Delissia was not sure if she herself would enjoy such an honor. The lack of emotion was refreshing, but she could feel it already starting to wear on her.

#6 Valkyn Venture

• Steel Inquisitor

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

Valkyn saw her smile falter. He focused on the face, on the metal in her hand. It was too easy to get distracted. The bright pendant helped considerably. While it was in her hand and not perched against her chest, anyway.

"As do we all."

The smile reappeared, but the honest bloodflow behind it did not.

Why was her face draining of brightness? Why?.. Oh.

He was so used to The Lord Ruler's soothing, he had forgotten about it. He tended to avoid the few sections of the city where soothing stations had been established. It didn't feel natural, but he understood why God did it. The skaa were simply too numerous. If worse came to worse, the Garrison would destroy them, the nobles would quell them, or God would smite them. They didn't deserve it, but there was no simpler way to keep them under control. Or rather, there was, but he didn't enjoy the touch on his emotions.

"Indeed," Valkyn lied, but convincingly. He hated his quarters, but it was indeed a great honor. An honor bought at the highest price he could possibly have paid. A constant reminder of the price, in fact. Which was why he didn't stay there any longer than was absolutely necessary.

"If you will excuse me, child, I have duties to attend to." Also a lie. His internal clock told him he had about an hour before his attendance would be required. The noblewoman made him uncomfortable, though.

All women do of late, he thought with an internal sigh.

#7 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

Delissia curtsied. "Of course, your Grace." She watched as teh Inquisitor stalked away. He was... stranger than she expected, not that she had expected an Inquisitor to be normal. All in all, she decided her first meeting with one went well. If she was going to start moving in Luthadel's upper circles, she supposed she would have to get used to it.

What are you doing standing around silly? The ball is tonight! Delissia quickly scanned the sky. It would soon be time for a light lunch, and then she would need at least the rest of the afternoon to wash, dress, and do her hair. She would have liked to hire someone to do it for her, but she had done it enough times while running with Klyde to manage well enough. Until she had enough coin at least. She gave Kredik Shaw one last, considering look, and enjoyed a moment of complete and utter calm. Then, she gathered her skirts, adjusted her parasol, and set off for home.

She had a ball to attend, and impressions to make.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users