The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Worth the Risk

W1 D6 HN Eriaan Maks Ignas

1 reply to this topic

#1 Eriaan

Member of Lucille Deveaux's Book Club

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

"Yes, we're similar to thieving crews, but we have far better resources at our disposal and we..." Maks paused, eyes unfocused as if he was thinking to himself inwardly. Eriaan sat at the small table with the man, her hands folded properly in her lap and her back straight and poised. She did these things unconsciously now; it was amazing what being constantly in character could do for a person. There were times that she sometimes forgot that she was Eriaan and not Alea. "Well, we aren't looking to get the same rewards as a thieving crew."

Similar to a thieving crew but not seeking after the same things? Since arriving at the shop that morning Eriaan had grown increasingly wary. She had a very nagging feeling that this operation they had going was far bigger, and more dangerous, than anything she had ever been a part of. Maybe she needed to rethink her hasty decision to join up with them. But she wasn't about to leave now. Maks had... a gift. Just like she did. And something told her that there was more than just Maks here that had abilities. No, she would be sticking around; for now at least. She could always slip away in the future if things got too involved for her.

"I think perhaps you should explain further." She smiled, "It almost sounds as though you're running a rebellion of sorts here. Next you're going to tell me that you all were responsible for Lord Casuana's death." If that wasn't absurd, she didn't know what was. But her smile melted away from her lips slowly as Maks just looked at her in response.

Lord Ruler, what have I gotten myself into?

#2 Ignas

• Architect of the Rebellion, the Shade

High House Noble
  • Age46

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginWestern Dominance

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:13 PM

Ignas stood at the outside of the door to the parlor. This girl did not look like one that would sell out the rebellion, but it was still a good idea for Ignas to stay close to Maks in case he needed back up.

"Next you'll be telling me you were responsible for Lord Casuana's death."

Well then. In literary circles--things Ignas had not participated in a long time, much less any scholarly reading--that was known as irony. And who was Ignas to resist something like that?

He flipped his enormous hood up over his head, the one he often used in Luthadel when he did not wish to be known as an obligator. This was a newer one, as his old one had burned up in his tassle with the Inquisitor. That day, he was lucky to still have his identity a secret, and today, he thought it a better idea to not scare someone well-integrated with the nobility into servitude by his Ministry nature.

He'd have to rely on being fearsome in other ways. That wouldn't be hard now.

"That was me, actually," Ignas said, taking an uncharacteristically wide stride into the small parlor. "I am directly responsible for Casuana's death. Welcome, my friend, to the rebellion." Ignas couldn't help but smile. Under the hood, the girl wouldn't see it, but that didn't matter. He enjoyed his position of power, the intimidation, and most of all, the reward of the Final Empire burning. He lusted for it too much not to smile.

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users