The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Awesome Quotes Thread

377 replies to this topic

#21 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

...And get me someone to fix my desk. Dismissed! Magnus growled.

--Magnus Venture, According to Plan

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Chaos

High House Noble

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:37 AM

Arguing with him was like grappling with a mistwraith, no matter how she tried Daerra could not quite get a hold on him, and every moment the exchange went on made her feel more like she was being digested by a large ball of goop.

--Daerra, referring to Riordan. Pity Parade.

#23 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

As he stepped forward, he caught the look in Lucille's brown eyes. As always, they were alive with warmth and kindness, though now their was an undertone of concern. There was also something else, that he hadn't noticed at the ball. Determination. The blind refusal to budge, no matter what he did. Suddenly, Aaron remembered the graceful arc Aldwin Tekiel had made through the air as he flew over Lucille's shoulder and into the Casuana fountain.

Aaron Elariel in Mistings.
user posted image

#24 Moru

Tineye

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

Broderick followed along, almost bouncing in excitement. His father - his father! - was interested in something Broderick did! Sure, it was probably so he could pick it apart and scold him for it, but the fact of the matter is, at the moment, Broderick - not work - had Father's attention.

-- Broderick Venture, According to Plan

Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

"Anyways, you've got nothing to worry about. This Cassi character... let's just say I'd rather share a meal with a mist-wraith. They're less likely to stab you, and probably have better table manners. It's strictly business kid. Strictly business."

--Klyde, Waiting

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:37 AM

"I'm afraid I have no choice Lady Lucille. Like fish, I can have my compliments dismembered by my servants and served any way I like them, but the most satisfying ones are those I can catch myself."
--Aaron Elariel, Mistings

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:02 AM

His question lingered in the air for only a moment as she considered possible responses, "I will consider your input upon the event a pointless task enters into our schedule." She stated diplomatically, "At present, I must observe both Aaron's capabilities as well as his incapabilities. Of your fatalistic concearns, I assure you that the probability of Aaron's death on this course, allowing that he is forbidden to use allomancy for the foreseeable future, is negligible."

Viridian Demesne, After Death

Posted Image

#28 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:45 AM

Vizar didn't know how one was to go about deciding who to marry without compiling a list. It was important.

Vizar, Upcoming Changes
user posted image

#29 Moru

Tineye

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

Gideon would be thoroughly upset to know that his own mother would deliberately create chaos. His sanity depended on some modicum of order. Okay, a large modicum of order. Perfection.

Gideon Lebroux, Morning Surveillance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

"So, just so we're clear, tell me again why your runaway sweetheart is such an important part of the job you haven't figured out yet, with people you barely know, in the most violent city in the empire?"

Zincell, The Girl with Fire in her Hair

Posted Image

#31 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:08 PM

"That he can use either one of us to manipulate the other, that you shouldn't mix business with pleasure and that we're a distraction to one another that is likely to end either one of us dying tragically?" Zincell shrugged.

Zincell in Gremlin Hunt. This amused me. xD
user posted image

#32 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

"Your relatives believe you are inferior Aaron." Without preamble she reached out and gripped his arm, it felt hard, not flabby or soft, "If I am to properly instruct you I am required to know if their concern is valid or an insult. Remove your upper garments. I would have a look at your physique and judge for myself."

Viridian Demesne in After Death.

Posted Image

#33 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

. . . It was comforting to know on the receiving end of a good thrashing would be the son of the House with major contracts with Great Houses for distribution of obsidian weaponry.

-Garren Valoren, Indifference

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Tal Spektor

Skaa

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

[Wilor gives some skaa (Delve) bread after falling from a roof]

"We haven't been introduced. I am the man who fell off the roof and gave you bread"

Meeting with skaa
Is an insane A.I.

#35 Mailliw73

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Thanks. In full, it's " we haven't been introduced. I'm the man who fell off the roof and gave you bread, and you are?
-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Wilor Zerrung, Prelan Matarn (Workshop), Rikor (pending acceptance), Kler

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#36 Mailliw73

Riordan Casuana's Reputation

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Delve: "You have a name, oh bread-baring man who fell out of the sky?"

Meeting with skaa

Edited by Mailliw73, 12 September 2013 - 07:33 PM.

-Mailliw73

-Player Characters-
Wilor Zerrung, Prelan Matarn (Workshop), Rikor (pending acceptance), Kler

House Zerrung

Archived (for now):

Aspir Elariel (WIP), Lord Gustav Bulvier (WIP), Maxill Seraphino (Under Revision), Abryn Zerrung (Still Writing), Rasdon (WIP)

#37 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

He grinned as she caught sight of him, one hand reaching up to adjust the shoulder of the red dress - she was right, it really wasn't meant for his frame. "I know what you're thinking," he said, running a hand through his hair and striking a pose. "Lord Ruler, Lucar Raisaal looks damn good in red."

--Lucar Raisaal, Feeling Pretty

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:04 AM

She thought to herself that it was surprising that Luci had actually gone outside when there was a library like the one that she described.

~Renette Deveaux, Meeting the Family

Luci in a nutshell. XD

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Noelle

Prelan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:14 PM

"Oh, you mean you didn't want a fire?" he asked. He tried to remain deadpan with the delivery but, unfortunately, he couldn't even so much as get that first sentence out without cracking a smirk. "I suppose I'll have to cancel the pyrotechnic display, then. And here I thought Mia Casuana had started a hot new trend."

-Sebastien Perrault, Before the Ball

Makes me smile every time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

"Lord Felix is definitely quite attractive. He is not who I was thinking of when I mentioned long hair, but I do not disagree that he is handsome." She was lying and she was not aware that it showed in her face. The more she looked at Felix, the more distracted she got. "Unlike Lord Caden, he actually makes that style of coat look good." More lies. They both looked good in the coats.
- Marceline Dumont in "Stars and High Society."

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users