The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
» Forum Rules
» The Story Thus Far
» Character Application
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Character System Guide
» Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
» The Three Metallic Arts
» Guide to the Final Empire
» Map of Luthadel
» The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
» Introduce Yourself
» Universal Continuity Thread
» The Timeline
» Adoptable Characters
» Wanted Characters
» Face Registry
» Open Threads List

Mistborn Series © Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

A Meeting Before the Mists

W1 D4 EV Rhea Venture Andrew Elariel

13 replies to this topic

#1 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• Relationship StatusMarried

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

"A letter came through for you this morning, Mistress," A Terrisman for the house Venture handed Rhea a piece of paper, folded with her family's seal closing it together. She bowed and thanked the Terrisman. Rhea withdrew into her chambers, and opened the letter.

My dearest Rhea,

We write to inform you that we will be in Luthadel for a few hours today. We wish to see you. Perhaps you will meet us and share a meal? We are staying in the hotel district. I believe we have a lot of catching up to do! Can't wait to get word from you.

Sincerely,
Pamela Ollivier

A letter from Rhea's sister in law. She hadn't seen the woman or her brother in a very long time. What brought them to Luthadel? For what she knew, the pair of them lived in the Southern Dominance, managing the family trade from that end. She didn't see what they wanted to talk about, but it would seem she had to meet them.

Rhea got dressed in a deep green dress which brought out the color of her eyes that much better. She made sure her hair was in the appropriate updo with no extrenuous hair flying every direction. No, instead, Rhea's hair looked perfect. She prided herself on her looks. For a woman of fourty, she hardly looked thirty-five.

Magnus was busy with his work, so she wouldn't bother him, but she would write both him and her sister in-law a note.

My dearest sister,

I would love to join you for dinner this evening. I will meet you before the mists gather in the hotel district. Unfortunately my husband won't be in attendance, as his work keeps him busy. I hope you and Simon are well.

Sincerely,
Rhea Venture

Rhea sent her note off with another to her husband, explaining where she had gone. With her maidservant and a Terrisman, she set out to the hotel district by carriage. It was so strange to her that she would be meeting with Simon and Pamela on such short notice, but they were younger and more impulsive than she. If it had been Rhea, she would have sent a letter two weeks in advance and planned what they would eat. Rhea was glad that they hadn't asked to attend dinner at the Venture estates. Rhea would have had to decline. Unfortunately, the house didn't belong to her husband, and she would feel strange having her family in her home.

Rhea waited for her family to greet her as she stood at their meeting spot. The younger siblings were late -- of course -- and ash had begun to fall, getting a few flecks on her dress before her lady in waiting -- the smoker -- held out a parasol for her. With heavy thoughts in her mind, Rhea Venture stood and waited, ash beginning to pile around the edges of her dress. She saw many skaa workers pushing the ash away from the doors and out of the streets, but paid them no attention.

"Rhea, why do you put yourself through such torture when your family comes to town?" she asked herself as she closed her eyes and pressed her forfinger and thumb to the bridge of her nose.

#2 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

Andrew chuckled to himself as he left the hotel. Lieran Liese hadn't known what he was getting into when he had agreed to meet with Andrew, hoping to secure a more favorable contract. He had thought that, by speaking to someone with more authority than those he dealt with, he would actually accomplish something. The contract had been reviewed, and changed in fact, only now it favored Elariel more than before. Andrew wondered how long it would take the poor man to realize what he had done. Hopefully his other contracts were more lucrative, or his house might be in trouble.

And ahead of schedule too, he thought, eying his pocket watch. He walked at a slow and stately pace, letting his ornate dueling cane tap rhythmically on the ground with each step. He began to scan the crowds around him, trying to discern the many emotional states around him, and poking at a few he thought needed adjusting.

It was around one of these times that he spotted Rhea Venture, standing outside one of the more lucrative hotels. Seeing that she was alone aside from a few servants who Andrew quickly dismissed as inconsequential, Andrew approached. After all, he had time to spare, and a chance to gain another foot hold with the Ventures could not be wasted.

"Lady Rhea, is that you? I hardly expected to see you here," he said with a slight bow and his best smile. As he bowed, he began to lightly soothe the attentiveness of both the Terrisman and the maid. Inconsequential they might be, but they both had tongues that could wag. He didn't plan to say anything that could be used against him, but even so, the less they noticed, the better. "You do remember me, don't you?" he said. He laughed while covertly studying her features, hoping to analyze her reaction. Then, and only then, the real fun would begin.

#3 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

Rhea instinctively flared her metals the moment she heard someone address her. Her instinct was to riot their sense of boredom to get them to leave her alone. Most of the nobles she interacted with on a constant basis were insufferable. In her mind, she could get them to go away and find more pleasant company if they were bored enough. Her smoker would hide any evidence she was burning anything at all -- to most prying eyes.

"Lord Elariel," Rhea greeted him with a short curtsy. She smiled; it was fake, but hopefully believable. It was not always a grand time talking to Venture allies or enemies. They would either bring up business or avoid it all together. She hoped Andrew would leave the subject alone -- even though he was obviously over there to make conversation with her. It was obvious from the way he approached.  "Of course I remember you... How could I forget such an important face?" Rhea's smile became more believable.

She stopped rioting his sense of boredom for the moment. Her touch had been very subtle to begin with, she doubted he would feel the difference. It wasn't right to play with people's emotions -- yet it was so intriguing to see if they would even notice her pulling on them... leading them to a new emotion. She only let his boredom be for the moment for a chance to get to know someone from another important house. She had seen Andrew Elariel in many places, but she had not the chance to speak with him. She was drawn to power like a moth to flame. She had an insatiable yearning to be in control. It was her curse.

"What brings you here, if I may be so bold, Lord Elariel?" Rhea's tone was very formal. She didn't want to make the wrong kind of impression and disgrace both the Ollivier's name for bringing up an ill-mannered woman, or the Venture name for keeping one around. Formalities were the way she showed her respect.

#4 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Andrew analyzed Rhea carefully. With that indifferent yet courteous tone, the false smile, and forced formality, Andrew could feel himself losing attention already. Had he been speaking to simply for the joy of her company, sheer boredom might have driven him off right then. Andrew, however, wasn't interested in Rhea as a person, and he wouldn't be unless she gave him a reason to. Andrew was, however, interested in Rhea as Lady Rhea Venture, wife of Lord Magnus Venture, sister in law to Lord Ellsworth Venture himself. Ellsworth was a tough nut to crack, and whatever foot holds Andrew could get in the upper ranks of the Ventures, the better.

"No need to be bold, Lady Rhea," he said, trying his best to be charming. "It wasn't anything important. Just a meeting with one of our contract holders that apparently required my attention. I have no idea why, the fellow didn't seem all that difficult to me, but I guess some people just don't know how to put their foot down." Andrew paused for a moment, as if musing to himself. Really, he was covertly ensuring one of the two rotating smokers who were tailing him today was in place. Seeing the fellow getting his shoes polished across the street, Andrew continued on, beginning to lightly soothe Rhea as he spoke.

He focused on keeping his soothing light, as she currently was, Rhea didn't appear to be expressing any strong emotions, which meant she'd be more likely to notice if those emotions changed. He started with boredom, skepticism, and annoyance, and then waited to see how she reacted. He also slightly intensified his soothing of her two servants' attentiveness and curiousity. If he had his way, they'd be happily day-dreaming by the time the conversation got interesting.

"Now if I may indulge in a moment of boldness myself, what brings you to the hotel district, milady? Are Venture apartments so sparse you have to come here to sleep in the luxury you deserve?" Andrew gave her a sly wink, and a quiet chuckle to let her know he was joking. He also began to soothe an irritation she might be feeling. "I've just recently amended an already lucrative furniture contract. If you truly are in need, perhaps I could petition my brother on your behalf. Alistair has never been partial to charity, but I'm sure he would make an exception for beautiful noblewoman such as yourself."

#5 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

Rhea's emotions were pushed with no problem. She had only been soothed a few times by incapable soothers who made it feel like her emotions were being pounded with a hammer. She didn't notice her boredom in talking with a nobleman from another house. She didn't feel his soothing at all, yet found it natural to want to talk to him more. She didn't see any motives behind their meeting. There was still a hint that her smile was forced, but not nearly as much as before.

A small chuckle passed her lips at his jokes. "If only I came here to rest," Rhea said. "It would be a welcome change in my routine. Perhaps being away from the Venture estates would make them appreciate my presence when I am around." Rhea shook her head. "No, Lord Elariel, I am to meet family here in a matter of minutes." She looked at the red sun in the sky, sighing. The woman started to tug on his curiosity very lightly, sure that her smoker was hiding her allomancy. She didn't want him to notice her pulling to riot his emotions, so it was kept at a light touch, trying to win the war with his boredom.

"Actually, I believe that they were supposed to be here almost twenty minutes ago," another chuckle as she spoke. "Can no nobles be on time to a meeting? Or is it just the Olliviers that have a problem with it?" She inquired, being fashionably late was one thing, but not showing up at all seemed to be rude.

#6 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:37 AM

Andrew let his smile grow wider. Rhea was responding well to his soothing. Already she was proving to be more interesting than he had previously thought. The fact that he had been able to alter her so easily piqued his curiosity. Had he truly made her more interesting, or had he just drawn her out of her shell a little? Acting dull and boring was an excellent way to drive of unwanted company. He wondered, had Rhea Venture wanted him to leave at first because she was hiding something? Her supposed 'family meeting' sounded suspicious. Why would a woman of Rhea's stature allow her lessers, even if they were her family, keep her waiting? And why would she wait in the street, when there were so many lavish hotel lobbies to wait in? Andrew began to carefully scan the street with his peripherals. If Rhea was involved in some sort of scheme, he did not want to get caught up in it, at least, not yet. The only schemes he like were the ones he was in control of.

The good news was he was beginning to get a feel for Rhea's emotions. Feeling a little more confident, he began to soothe her suspicion and wariness as well. Then, as he spoke, he began to soothe her self doubt. If he could make her more overconfident, she'd be more likely to let something slip. Yes, she needed to feel at relaxed, noting that, Andrew began to nudge on her unease and paranoia ever so slightly. Despite getting a feel for Rhea's emotional state, he was working with a lot of emotions, and if he pushed to hard on any of them, the entire soothing could come unbalanced.

He continued soothing the servants as well, adding more emotions to his list, leading them farther and farther into inattention. He couldn't have them noticing anything was wrong and notifying their mistress after all. The terrisman already seemed to be beginning to day dream, but the maidservant appeared to be more focused. Andrew began to press a little more strongly against her emotions. If her emotions were normally stronger, it would take more soothing for his manipulations to be effective.

"Well, my dear, I think you and I have proven them wrong. I've just finished an appointment ahead of schedule, and you seem to be the image of togetherness," Andrew contorted his face into a mock frown, and began twirling his dueling cane idly. "Although, being an Ollivier yourself, it seems you would disprove your second theory as well. Perhaps it is merely the specific individuals involved who have the problem." Now to see what she's up too. "Waiting out her, however, Lady Rhea, your beautiful gown is going to be covered in ash kicked up by the feet of these inconsiderate travelers. Perhaps if we retire to the lobby of one of these fine hotels, we could sit and chat a while with something cold to drink, and your steward can watch for your relatives from the street." As he finished, he began to soothe her independence and argumentativeness. Touching those two emotions was tricky, and so Andrew nudged them just enough to make Rhea slightly more compliant. This was getting very interesting.

#7 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:23 AM

Obviously Andrew's interest in her was growing. Rhea was succeeding in pressing on his emotions, guiding them where she wanted them to go. Emotions were fickle creatures; she was glad to practice on someone who wasn't blind to her as Magnus had become. Magnus has never seen me in the first place, how could he become blind? she thought, feeling a small amount of sadness at the thoughts. For once, she wished she could riot her own emotions and forget about the strained relationship she and Magnus seemed to share.

"You flatter me," Rhea said, feeling a bit of color come to her cheeks. She was a confident woman to begin with, but she was not usually complimented by men... or anyone for that matter. The Image of Togetherness she repeated to herself silently. That was what she wanted. She wanted to be a good noblewoman, and in her formality, she showed that.

The woman looked down at her dress, pooled on the ash-stained cobblestones. Considering his offer, Rhea smiled. "Of course, Lord Elariel, but if we were to sit down and share a drink it would seem strange if we continued to be so formal. Please, I insist that you call me Rhea," She curtsied once again, and looked to her servant. The girl wasn't paying attention, as often happened. Rhea often had to redirect the servant. Rhea's eyes narrowed, wondering if Helen was using the allomancy Rhea kept her for. It seemed she was, but it was hard to tell. She cleared her throat and Helen looked over. A sheepish smile and an apologetic mutter came from the girl as she picked up the slight train on Rhea Venture's dress.

She was confident that Andrew would want to drop formalities and continue on as more than mere aquaintances who politely said "Hello" to one another in the street if passing by. Subtly she drew upon his confidence, compliance and contentment, while at the same time making sure she had enough metals to continue rioting the man throughout an entire conversation. Playing with people's emotions was far too interesting to stop. She would continue to bring more subtle emotions into play the longer they spoke. So far,  this seemed to be a great way to get to know a nobleman she knew nothing of before. She was confident he wouldn't feel her touch, if he had not already.

"Which of the hotels do you suggest?" she asked, looking now to the surrounding buildings. She had been in them only a handful of times, and not recently.

#8 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:17 AM

Andrew's confidence grew as he began to clamp down on Rhea's emotions. Yes, he'd even managed to make a slight blush rise on her cheeks there, though he had never seen her have trouble with composure before. She was also, predictably, doing exactly as he wised. Normally this was the point where Andrew got bored with women, for nothing was more dull than a tool that required no skill to use, however, instead of boredom, he found himself content. Between his disobedient disgrace of a daughter, his disappointing son, his brother, and most of all, Janelle, Andrew had not realized how tense he had become. Perhaps it was time for one of his... diversions. Andrew gave Rhea another appraising glance. She was older than the women he was usually interested in, but he had to admit, she was beautiful...

Andrew collected his thoughts. He was not here to seduce Rhea Venture. He was here to make another valuable contact, and to figure up what Rhea Venture was up to. His curiosity continued to whisper at the back of his head. What was she doing out here, and if her plans were so important, why did she agree to join him? Was there some plot he couldn't see?

He was to far gone to back out now, and so, he went with it. I'll let her think I'm complying with her wishes, when really, she's doing exactly what I want her too. It's perfect. He began to ease off soothing the Terrisman, the man would need his vigilance if he was going to spot these "relatives" Rhea spoke of. He continued, however, to focus on Helen, the girl finally seemed to be reacting to his touch, though not as much as she should have been.

"Very well, Rhea," he said with another charismatic smile, and offering her his arm. "The Rosy Sunrise is a nice place, with excellent taste in wine, I might add. And, it's just down the street over there. Shall we?" He began to intensify his soothing of her insecurity, making her more confident than she already was. He also incrementally increased the pushing on her suspicion, and began to soothe her discomfort. Then, as an afterthought, he began soothing her indifference and restraint lightly. When in Luthadel, I suppose.

#9 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:05 PM

Rhea nodded to Andrew, taking his arm. Rhea was rarely escorted anywhere without her husband or her Terrisman. It seemed odd to her going into a strange hotel with a nobleman she had hardly met, but she felt as if she should just trust Andrew. He didn't seem to have anything to gain by a meeting with an unimportant member of the Venture household -- and she was confident in the fact that he would learn nothing of the Venture House from her.

Rhea softened her rioting, wondering if that had something to do with her trusting nature. If she was rioting his interest, contentment, and compliance... perhaps this was not a very fair way to judge whether or not he had anything to hide. She stopped rioting everything but confidence and the interest, just to make sure. It was a very slow change -- she didn't want to alert him of anything. The woman took until they reached the hotel, and were comfortably seated to completely stop rioting those emotions.

Rhea sat comfortably in a plush chair, with her lady-in-waiting standing just behind. She had already stopped paying attention to Rhea and the nobleman. Helen had no desire to listen to them prattle on about useless information.

Rhea smiled and looked to Andrew. "You were right," Rhea said. "This is a nice place. I have never been here, perhaps I should come back sometime."  It was indeed a nice hotel. She hardly thought she would be returning to the hotel district any time soon, but she would keep this place in mind for when she next had family in town. Rhea continued to riot Andrew's confidence and interest in her. She would like to hold this conversation for as long as it took for her family to decide to show up -- or send word they were not coming.

#10 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Andrew released Rhea's arm, and lazily took a seat. As he did, he waved for a glass of wine. A nobleman of his standing could expect at least a complimentary glass, if not a bottle, at any of the hotels in Luthadel, however, the staff at the Rosy Sunrise would go out of their way to please him in particular. As with the smaller hotel he had met Lord Liese in, the Rosy Sunrise was financed by Elariel.

"Ah, a 780 Fadrex," he said approvingly when the wine arrived. "Not a Fathvell, unfortunately, but I'm sure it will suffice. I hope you will agree, Lady Rhea." Andrew smiled disarmingly, and continued to tighten his hold on Rhea's emotions. His confidence and curiosity from before continued to linger. Just what was Rhea playing at? He had only feigned attention for her small talk. It was meaningless chatter. Like always, the true interaction was an allomantic one.

"So, since we seem to have time, perhaps you can tell me of these relatives you are meeting."

#11 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 11 February 2011 - 02:54 AM

Rhea was not much of a wine-drinker. She spent as much of her time sober as possible. Rioting people with accuracy and secrecy was harder when intoxicated.  "I have not had the pleasure of sampling any wine of late. I am not much of a drinker, myself," Rhea said, smelling the wine in the goblet she was given. It had a pungent odor, but she would at least try to enjoy it -- After all, Andrew was gracious enough to get them a bottle.

Rhea's hold on Andrew's emotions grew stronger -- from what she could tell. She continued to strike on curiosity and of course confidence. Two things he would need if she were to have a lasting conversation with him.

"My family is not noteworthy, Andrew. The Ollivier's are a shipping house. We do not speak much, but I relish the opportunity to dine with them each time they find themselves in Luthadel. My brother was supposed to be here today, but he is late -- as always," Rhea chuckled. "I don't think he has ever been on time."

Rhea sipped at the Fadrex wine trying to appreciate it. It was hard for her to know what to appreciate in the wine itself. All she could taste was just that ... wine. There were supposed to be hidden notes from the way the grapes were grown or fermented that made them taste certain ways. Rhea was enjoying their conversation so far. Perhaps the wine would make it better. The thought left a lingering smile on her face.

{ooc: Sorry this took so long. I've been having a terrible time trying to write anything at all recently. =( }

#12 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:22 AM

Rhea was still hiding something, Andrew was sure of it. He continued to filter through her chatter without really listening to it, searching for a hint to what she might be hiding. Feeling more confident than ever that he had her emotions under control, he began to intensify his soothing of her suspicion, masking it by soothing away more of her insecurity, and continued to soothe her indifference and restraint. A boost in confidence would mask his other ministrations, and make her feel like she had less to lose by talking to him, the lessening of restraint would help loosen her tongue, and soothing her indifference towards him would make her want to speak with him.

"Come now, Lady Rhea. I seriously doubt any scion of a house as 'not noteworthy' as you make the Olliviers sound would be married to the brother of Lord Venture," Andrew paused, as if a thought had just come to him. "Unless, of course, it was not the house, but the Lady the Ventures were interested in." Andrew let the comment hang for a moment. He had planned it deliberately of course, but as the words left his lips, he realized the true implications of what he was saying. What if the Ventures had actually been interested in Rhea herself and not the house she came from? Could the woman be an allomancer? As he continued speaking, Andrew began to go over their conversation in his head, looking for hints that his suspicion was correct. He was confident he would have noticed any emotional manipulation, or the mannerisms that accompanied the burning of pewter or tin, but even if Rhea was an allomancer, there was no guarantee she was burning metals at that moment. Andrew kept his face calm and his voice smooth, but inside, his mind was busy puzzling away at the enigma before him. He'd always thought Janelle would have been so much more interesting had she been an allomancer...

"So tell me Lady Rhea, which is it? Are you being modest for yourself, or for your house? I won't let you sell yourself short now. I can tell you are far too great a woman for that. Excellence is never something to be covered up. Whether you admit it or not, your marriage has earned you a prominent position in Luthadel politics, and that is something to be proud of." As Andrew spoke, he soothed Rhea's confidence, and let go of her insecurity just a touch. The slight rise in self consciousness, alongside her already inflated confidence should make her more likely to brag, or at least take pride in her accomplishments, if she was so inclined.

#13 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

The compliments she was receiving seemed to make her a little happier. Rhea knew she was something to be admired – but never knew she would get such attention from any source. She had been ignored for the entirety of her marriage, so why would she get any outside attention when obviously she was too plain for Magnus to take an interest in? She felt a slight boost of confidence as she thought something wholly new. I deserve to be paid attention to, after all... I'm the wife of an important man... the wife of someone who will someday do great things.

A light blush covered the woman's cheeks. "I am not sure how – " Rhea was interrupted as she looked up to see her brother stomp into the hotel. Wonderful... She set her wine glass down and looked at Andrew. "I do apologize, but my brother has made an appearance. Wouldn't want to keep him waiting..." she paused and started to ease her rioting on his emotions to leave him the way he was when she began playing with them. A slight decrease in confidence, and the other emotions.

"I may have time to answer your question the next time we meet... Farewell" She nodded to Andrew and took her leave.

Rhea didn't mean to leave so abruptly, but her brother never had the longest of attention spans, and if she didn't go meet with him, the woman wouldn't get a meeting at all. She approached her brother and the pair exited the hotel. Rhea stole one last look at Andrew before she left, excited by the idea that she would see him again... at some point

#14 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

"Good bye, Lady Rhea," Andrew said as his companion hurried off. How odd. Perhaps there really was something secretive going on with the Olliviers. He had to say, Rhea was quite the interesting woman. As she retreated with her brother, Andrew felt somehow... lessened. Like the world was slightly less interesting than it had been a moment ago.

Wait a minute, the change was so subtle, so gradual, he had barely caught it. Could Rhea have been manipulating his emotions the entire time? It couldn't be, he thought, I had her under my thumb the whole time. Not once during the entire conversation had he felt out of control. He would have noticed if she had been manipulating him allomantically, he was sure of it. And yet, her leaving had effected him on an emotional level, far more than it should have. Could the brother be an allomancer perhaps? Could they have planned this together? That might explain her hasty departure. No, I approached her, separated her from her servants. This couldn't have been planned.

Andrew took one last look in the direction Rhea had gone before going on his own way. One thing was for certain, he was going to meet with Rhea Venture again, and somehow, he was going to get to the bottom of things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users