The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

According to Plan

W1 D7 NT Daerra Elariel Phyra Venture Camille Deveaux Aaron Elariel Claudia Elariel

42 replies to this topic

#21 Magnus Venture

• Captain of the Venture Guard

Tineye
  • Age45

• Relationship StatusMarried

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:30 PM

Magnus pulled a small notebook out of the inside pocket on his coat. This notebook held most of his information about the guard's rounds and what to do in case of an attack -- likely in a panic someone could forget, of course. This time, there was no panic in Magnus. Thankfully, he could choose to quell that for the moment.

He had a miniaturized map of the Keep stretched across the surface of the notebook and he verified different guard positions according to the plan he had drawn up when his son approached. He looked ... different. Something to do with clothing. Perhaps it was a new style... look like you just fought off skaa or something. Magnus would never keep up with the style. He would always wear the same style of suit -- perhaps until he died. He gave his son a glance over and looked back at his maps. He was still feeling bitter that Willem was in Luthadel, and Phyra wasn't going to be his prize.

"Unless you have learned to read a map since I last saw you, I have no use for you." he said dismissively. His tone was caustic, anger dripped from the words. In looking at his son's pitiful face, he realized the he was unjust in his anger toward the boy. There was no reason to take out what was Ellsworth's fault (in Magnus' mind...) on his own son. Even if it would make things easier for himself. He'd have an outlet for his anger and he wouldn't go attack Ellsworth openly. That wasn't the way he wanted Ellsworth to be killed. It had no class.

Magnus' expression softened slightly. "Okay, You can go make sure the south side of the Keep is secure. The guards should be in formation along the southern wall. The number of guards should look like it's doubled... and you should be able to see hazekillers among them. Report back to me when it looks like this," he said as he handed his son a piece of paper. It had a drawing of the south wall with marked positions of the guards. He hoped his son could read the map of one single wall... If not, there was no hope for him.

Edited by Moru, 31 December 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#22 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

Broderick positively beamed. "Yes, father!" he said with obvious glee, and took off at a run to his next destination. He was so excited that he tried to read the map on the way, but two stubbed toes, one bowled-over servant, and a broken vase later, he decided he'd be better off waiting until he got there.

And get there he did - in record time, too. He felt a little nauseated at the idea of the safety of the keep relying on his ability to read a map, but he forced it down. Father had given him a job to do! A real job! He was going to do this job, and do it right, if it killed him.

Though, of course, to Broderick, forcing a man to read a map was the next best thing.

The map was crumpled and smudged by Broderick's earlier attempts to read it while on the move, but eventually he managed to make it out. This map was far easier on the eyes than the ones Father usually gave him to study. It was just a single line with a bunch of marks on it, and a compass. He almost thought he could read this if he stared at it long enough. Some of the nearby guards were giving him dubious looks as he tried to make out the diagram, but Broderick ignored them. He had, after all, extremely important work to be doing.

The problem was, maps were next to useless to him. He didn't make a habit of looking down on people from below, so why would he need a map like that? And which types of Mistings were supposed to be stationed at those A marks? Was this one an A or an H? It was too smudged to tell.

Argh! This was ridiculous! The Keep was under attack, or likely going to be, and he was standing around staring at a piece of paper! He stuffed the thing in his pocket and walked out into the middle of things, staring and thinking and thinking and staring. Things were pretty much the way Father had drawn them up, or at least as far as Broderick could tell, which meant they might not have been at all. But there were a few problems with the way the guards had formed up. And so Broderick began to issue orders.

"You there! Close that gap. Where are my Tineyes? No, don't look at me! I'm flattered you think I'm that pretty, but your target is out there somewhere, not over here." A few of the guards chuckled, and Broderick grinned. This was sort of fun! Though actually...

"No, come to think of it, they're saying she might be in the keep somewhere too. One of you, turn around and keep an eye on things on the inside. The rest of you, eyes on the outside. And can I get a few more archers to go up top and back them up?"

"Would you prefer Coinshots, my Lord?" a Lieutenant asked. Broderick jumped; where in the world had this man come from?

"Yes. Actually, no. No, wait."

The Lieutenant paused, looking confused. "Which is it, my Lord?"

"Coinshots stay down here and get ready to deploy if she appears. Archers remove all metal and hide along the top of the wall. Iron and steel won't pick up stone-tipped arrows."

The Lieutenant nodded thoughtfully. "Yes, of course, my Lord. It will be done."

And so, emboldened by this first victory, Broderick continued in this manner, covering every possibility he could find, including making sure the guards would still be in a good situation if they did have to turn around on short notice. He eventually remembered the map, though, and pulled it out again.

Well, it still kind of looks like this. Sort of? Maybe? Only with more people.

Hoping this wouldn't annoy Father too much, he left the Lieutenant in charge and ran back. "Father!" he called out, grinning proudly. "Father, I did it!"

Posted Image

#23 Magnus Venture

Tineye
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:39 AM

Magnus stood in much the same spot he had been in before. He made little notes in his book with his pen and put the notebook away. His formation was complete. He had spent a good deal of time and thought on this formation. It seemed to be one of the best he had come up with... although, more planning and maneuvering might have been necessary. He would have the whole keep protected, that was a given. Any time there was trouble, Magnus would have the keep protected -- if it took his own effort in repelling the attackers, so be it. All the better, he got out his aggressions and tension through battle the same way normal men got their tension released in brothels. Only Magnus' ... hobby was more forgivable... and less disgusting.

As he walked by group of soldiers, inspecting them, he heard his son shout after him. Magnus kept a straight face, stern and calculating as he judged the men's appearances. He waited until his son came closer to even show that he heard the boy. To Magnus, his son was less important than his task at hand.

He finally looked at Broderick. "It looks exactly the way I have laid it out in the map?" he asked. "If I went over there this moment," Magnus paused, mostly for effect, but he continued to walk, expecting Broderick to follow if he wanted to hear the rest of the sentence. "It won't look like a clump of soldiers standing in arbitrarily strewn about?"

Magnus highly doubted his son's abilities to organize anything, especially not what could be a battlefield.

Edited by Moru, 31 December 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#24 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

"Of course not, Father," Broderick answered earnestly, matching pace and following along. "It looks like your map. Er. Well. Mostly," he admitted a bit sheepishly, bracing himself for the scolding that was sure to come. "A few more guards came by so I found spots for them, and I've added a few more archers, hidden along the top of the wall."

Posted Image

#25 Magnus Venture

Tineye
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

Magnus stopped walking. His jaw clenched. There was no need to make modifications to an already good plan. He didn't need Broderick screwing things up, so he looked at his son. His face held no anger, but it was definitely disapproving.

"Show me," he said. Magnus took the lead, however. He knew where they were going. He didn't need Broderick to show him the wall itself. After fourty-five years, he should know the grounds inside and out.

Once there he looked at the soldiers from afar, verifying them with the overall map of the keep. "Well?" he asked Broderick. "What have you changed exactly?" Magnus could see it, but he wanted to hear it aloud.

#26 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:08 AM

Broderick followed along, almost bouncing in excitement. His father - his father! - was interested in something Broderick did! Sure, it was probably so he could pick it apart and scold him for it, but the fact of the matter is, at the moment, Broderick - not work - had Father's attention. For once, work seemed even slightly secondary, even for a moment.

And Broderick would gladly accept even that much.

"Well, to start with, those are the guards I added," he said, pointing. "I used them to fill in the gaps there, and there. Along the top of the wall there are the archers. They don't have any metal, so Phyra won't pick up on them til it's too late. Oh, and I've been told that she might be hiding in the keep somewhere, so I assigned someone to watch the inside. That way she can't sneak up behind and start picking people off."

Posted Image

#27 Magnus Venture

Tineye
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:26 AM

Magnus had been about to ask why there were men facing the wrong way, when he realized that Broderick was right to have made the adjustments he had. He looked at the guards once more, wondering if there were enough Allomancers on Magnus' battlefield. He looked over the work of his map-challenged son, finding it not in error. It took him a moment to come up with something to say to his son. He had never seen his son take initiative like that for their family before. In the end he said nothing at all about the formations.

Instead, Magnus noted the changes made on the south wall in his notebook and recreated it for the other walls. He passed these drawings out to his other trusted guards to put into place on those walls... He turned to Broderick.

"Go make sure your mother is all right. Let her know what is happening... and that she should stay in her room until I come for her," he said sternly, avoiding giving Broderick anything to be smug about. That grin was enough to make Magnus question if he was even related to his son... "I don't need to be worrying about the both of you, when I have an entire keep to protect."

#28 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

Broderick blinked in confusion. Father... wasn't scolding him. He was writing something and passing it to more of the guards, but he wasn't scolding Broderick. Not correcting him. Just... giving orders.

Had Broderick actually done something right?

And then Father was telling him to go see to Mother. That he didn't want to be worried about both of them. Father... was worried about him? He was actually worried for their safety. Both of them.

He cared.

Broderick grinned even more broadly. "I will, Father. Take care out here."

And with that, he was off like a madman, running at full speed to his Mother's rooms. He skidded around corners, nearly ran into walls, and knocked over a few more things on the way, but eventually he made it.

"Mother!" he called out, knocking on her door rapidly. "Mother, I'm home. May I come in?"

Posted Image

#29 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

Wringing her hands together nervously, Rhea paced across her chambers. She could almost see her son being torn apart by the skaa. She had no way to stop them... no way she could have helped -- but that wasn't entirely true. She could have used her metals... she could have done something. Instead she allowed herself to be driven away from her only son in a carriage headed back to her house where she was likely to get yelled at by Magnus again this evening. Rhea bit her nails when she was nervous. She had tried to resist, but her thumbnail was already down for the count.

Her servant -- Helen -- approached her hesitantly. "Mistress, I'm sure he's fine..." she said timidly.

"Of course he's not fine, Helen. He should be here by no--" Rhea was interrupted by harsh knocks on the door. She heard her son's voice and it was as if someone lifted a weight from her shoulders. She was still wearing her ball attire, but soon -- whenever Broderick left, she could retire it for the evening. Rhea waved Helen to answer the door as Rhea sat on a comfortable lounging couch. She didn't look comfortable, but that was because sitting in the dress she donned was a chore.

"Broderick!" She said as her son was allowed in. A worried look passed over her face as she took in his appearance. What happened to him? His clothing was torn, and she was worried there might be cuts or bruises underneath his clothing. The woman was incredibly relieved to see the face of her son in one piece however. Relief washed over her and her mind was allowed to rest for the moment.

#30 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

"Mother!" Broderick exclaimed brightly, rushing forward to catch her up in a hug. "It's alright, Mother. Everything is alright. I just came from Father - he gave me a job, Mother! A real job, when I came in, and I'm pretty sure he thinks I did it right! - and he wants you to stay here until he comes for you. He said he doesn't want to have to be worried about us.

"You see?" Broderick asked, still feeling like he was up in the clouds. "He wants us both safe. He cares about us."

Posted Image

#31 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:16 AM

Rhea hugged her son, making sure his body was intact. Thank the Lord Ruler, it was. Rhea, finally let her son go, allowing him to breathe. Just because she was wearing a corset, didn't mean she had to make it feel like her son was wearing one, as well. She couldn't hide the relief from her face, the happiness from her eyes.

Rhea had her doubts about Magnus actually caring for his family. He wanted to keep him safe, but he saw it as some kind of duty to the Ventures, rather than caring for his wife and child. Rhea allowed Broderick these illusions of his father because the alternative was to take that grin off her son's face.

She didn't understand what Broderick was talking about. His father had been out fighting the skaa? That seemed ... off. Magnus almost never left the keep. There was no way he went to Keep Casuana to help them kill skaa that decided to attack for whatever reason. For all Rhea knew, Magnus hated every other Great House.

"Honey, it's wonderful that you're so excited, but what was your father doing at Keep Casuana?" she asked, seeing no other way to come about the situation. "Wasn't that where you went to find Nevan?"

#32 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:22 AM

"What?" Broderick asked, confused. "He was here the whole time. Nevan was the one who fought the skaa with me, and then we split up after we got here and I found Father, and he had me help with the fortifications of the keep. And I did it, Mother! I helped Father, and he didn't scold me! Not once! Well no, he did once, but that was before he gave me that job to do. But when he saw what I'd done, he didn't!" He just couldn't seem to wipe the proud grin off his face.

Posted Image

#33 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:29 AM

After years of trying to pick meaning from Broderick's ramblings, Rhea had pieced together the story from what Broderick glossed over in favor of telling her about Magnus. She couldn't help but grin along with her son. She was always happy when he was happy. She had to admit that this was much better than when all Magnus did was scold him. It was sad that this was how he reacted when he was not scolded, in Rhea's opinion. Magnus could be nicer to their son...

She pushed those thoughts of her husband out of her head. Magnus, she would deal with later. "I'm very glad you got to help, Broderick." she said, touching his arm. She was still making sure he was really there.

"What is the news?" she asked. "I was just told that there was a lockdown on the house this evening. No one allowed out. I haven't really been told what's going on." Apparently no one thought to tell her when there was a crisis on. "Does it have to do with the skaa attacking Keep Casuana?" she pried.

#34 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:36 AM

"Oh, no, that's something different," Broderick said. "The skaa are all at Keep Casuana; they won't be bothering us. Nevan and I got attacked, you know. By eight skaa. Eight, Mother! And just look at what they did to my coat! Anyways, Nevan and I fought them off, and the coachman was either taken or fled, so we walked back. That's when I found Father.

"As for that, we're under lockdown because Phyra's gone rogue. Uncle Ellsworth thinks she'll come back here to cause trouble, so he put everyone on alert."

Posted Image

#35 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:46 AM

Broderick's roundabout way of telling her what was going on kept the smile from falling off her face. She loved her son very much... but there was no way he could stay this hyper for this long without giving her a headache.

"Eight skaa?" she asked, surprised. "That's a feat -- even for your father. I'm very glad you weren't alone, Broderick. I was worried sick you know."

From what Magnus told her, it was not surprising that Phyra went rogue. Why would she come back to the Venture Keep when they all knew what she was up to? It didn't seem to make much sense to Rhea, but it was better to be safe than sorry. She was glad she had Magnus to protect her and Broderick, even if he didn't care specifically about her and Broderick.

Rhea was more than a little sore about what happened earlier that day... Her opinion of Magnus was severely lowered.

Edited by Moru, 31 December 2012 - 05:41 AM.

#36 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:52 AM

Broderick hugged his mother again. "Yes, Mother. I'm alright. We both are. Nevan is with Uncle Ellsworth right now, and I'm with you. Everything is alright now." Sure, Phyra was on a deranged murderous rampage, but that didn't seem to matter as much right now. "We're alright."

Posted Image

#37 Rhea Venture

Tineye
  • Age40

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Rhea returned her son's hug, smiling the whole time. He had finally gotten all of the information out for Rhea to hear and it seemed he was calming down. Now that she could finally think straight enough to tell Broderick to do things, rather than asking him questions, she broke off their hug. "We'll be fine, honey." she said, smiling at him.

"Now why don't you go to your rooms and rest for a while, perhaps get rid of your coat?" she paused. "So that I can change into a different dress as well. I'm sure we can have some food brought up if you're hungry."

Rhea stood and had Helen come into the room. She told Helen to get one of her less formal dresses from the closet and bring it to her. Rhea wanted desperately to get out of this gown. It was comfortable for short periods of time, but after a few hours it started to become torturous.

#38 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

"If that's what you want, Mother," Broderick said with a smile. His stomach growled loudly at the mention of food, but he ignored it for now. "Take care of yourself tonight." He kissed his mother gently on the cheek, bade her goodnight, and left. He did need to get out of these mussed clothes, and food really did sound good right now.

It would be a perfect ending to what had turned out to be a very good night.

Posted Image

#39 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

Phyra smiled at the shocked look on Mikhail Elariel's lifeless face. Pewter hadn't saved him from her knife, now had it? Mikhail Elariel had learned the hard way not to trifle with Phyra Venture. Just like the rest of them would.

Next on the list were Aaron's lovely little lady friends. No one stole from Phyra, and besides, she wanted to see the look on his face when she told him they were dead, their blood on his hands. Before she killed him, she would break him.

The only problem was that she had no idea where the Nathar trollop was staying. Tracking down a nobody like her might prove difficult, and Phyra only had so much time before the Elariels noticed something was wrong. Better to take care of the Deveaux first. She could always tell Aaron they were both dead, and then kill the other later. It wasn't like he would be alive to call her bluff anyways.

Besides, Keep Deveaux was notoriously well-guarded. It wouldn't be easy to get in there, so it was best to use what little time she had to its full effect. And so she kissed Mikhail goodbye, stepped out of the coach, dropped a coin, and shot off through the mists to her next target.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Camille Deveaux

• Daughter of Lord Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age18

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

The carriage was still and dark when Camille found it at last, not a single living person remaining anywhere in the vicinity. Mikhail Elariel's cold, lifeless eyes stared up at her, his face frozen in a mask of shock. Phyra's knife had taken him quickly; he'd had time to see who was attacking him, but not enough to fight back. Pity, that. If he'd managed to wound her before dying it would have given Camille a significant advantage.

She didn't allow herself to dwell on the fact that she was staring at a murdered heir to a Great House, or on what it meant for Venture that Phyra was clearly the guilty party. She had a job to do, and nothing else mattered until that job was done. She had to think quickly, before someone else died. Who else would Phyra want dead?

Nevan, of course. But he would likely be the last stop on her killing spree, since even Phyra would know Venture wouldn't take long to figure out what she was up to, and they would be ready for her. She would want to have all her other killings out of the way first. Who else? There was Aaron Elariel, of course; she might want to go after him before the Elariels got too suspicious. But what about the women he'd used to insult her? Who had he been associating with other than Phyra? She thought she had seen him with Sanna Tekiel at one point ashes, why had Nevan had to be so bloody charming, tonight of all nights? She could hardly even remember! but they had been in a group at the time, and he seemed to have only been conversing with them, so they probably weren't priority targets. There was Marisha Nathar, whose company Aaron had immediately chosen over Phyra's after his outburst, but did anyone even know where she was staying? It would take too much time to hunt her down, and time was not on Phyra's side. She would want someone easy to find, someone he had spent significant time with at that ball. Someone...

Someone like Lucille. Aaron had seemingly danced quite a long time with her, and spent even more with the group she'd remembered just now, and Lucille had in fact been among them. Camille's first instinct, of course, was to shoot off to Keep Deveaux without a second thought, but she forced herself to think it the rest of the way through. If she guessed wrong, somebody else would die. What would Phyra do?

She would choose the most dramatic route possible, Camille realized. She would want to rub salt in Aaron's wounds before killing him, and that meant showing him the blood of the women he'd dragged down with him. She likely would have already ruled out the Nathar girl for the same reasons Camille had, and Lucille was a much more important murder target anyways. In addition, if a Venture Mistborn killed a Deveaux, what would happen to the alliance between their houses?

That settled it. Praying to the Lord Ruler it wasn't too late, Camille launched herself into the mists.

Posted Image

Keep Deveaux loomed ahead in the darkness. Her beloved home was taunting her, daring her to make it all the way inside and find Lucille dead in her bedchamber. Or Lucille alive and well, while Phyra was off murdering someone else. Camille banished the thoughts from her mind. She was Mistborn, after all; she couldn't let these things weigh on her and distract her from her one true goal. A Mistborn who let herself get distracted was as good as dead. If coming here turned out to be the wrong choice, then she would recalculate and proceed with the mission.

But it wasn't. As Camille approached Lucille's window, a figure silhouetted against the lamplight shining from inside hoisted itself up onto the sill. Camille flared her metals as the shattering of glass broke the night, wiping away all her hesitance and doubt along with it. Inside, Lucille screamed, and the silhouette Phyra moved to step inside.

Not so fast! Camille landed in a crouch against the outer wall, braced by a spire behind her, before Phyra could take another step. Her arm lashed out across the other woman's middle, and Camille flared both pewter and steel, then Pushed against the metal hinges of the window, sending them both careening into the night. Camille pushed Phyra away as soon as they were clear, Pulling herself to a nearby spire. Phyra, who had fallen about a story below, had been caught off guard but recovered quickly, and was perched in an archway. She almost looked like she was hissing in anger, but then, this was Phyra Venture. She might very well have been.

But she wasn't attacking. Instead, she had pulled a vial out of somewhere Camille wasn't sure she wanted to know and was downing the contents. And judging by that wicked grin on her face, that wasn't an ordinary metals vial. Phyra had got her hands on atium somehow. Camille quickly reached into her own supply and pulled out a couple beads. It was far more than she normally dared use at one time, but she needed to end this as quickly and as neatly as possible, and she might not have another chance to reach for more.

She barely had time to swallow the metal before Phyra was on her, launching herself up from the archway. Camille drew her knives and shot down to meet her, but Phyra blocked her attack and she had to launch herself to the side, catching herself on another spire. Phyra continued on her upward flight, probably hoping to get a good angle from which to pepper Camille with coins from a distance, but Camille wasn't about to give her that chance. She Pushed herself up and after Phyra, pressing the attack with every opportunity.

Keep Deveaux, with its numerous arches and spires and sharply sloping roofs, was designed to be a nightmare for enemy Allomancers. With very few solid footholds, they were forced to Push and Pull from one spire to another, darting between potentially deadly obstacles at every turn. This place would be a maze to Phyra, but Camille knew every inch of it. She couldn't have asked for a better battleground.

But an advantage didn't guarantee a victory, and Camille pressed hard to keep Phyra off balance. She attacked from all angles, determined not to give Phyra a chance to go on the offensive. The mists danced and played around them as they soared through the air at breakneck speed, spires and buttresses streaking past at disorienting angles. Atium shadows flickered in and out of existence, playing out the possible actions each would take for the other's eyes. Again and again their knives clashed, or their knees or feet or elbows, but neither one would yield.

It was going to be a long night.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users