The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Mistborn: The Musical

72 replies to this topic

#1 Aldwin Tekiel

• Heir to House Tekiel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

Aldwin slumped into his chair in Keep Tekiel, letting out an exhausted sigh. He was soaking wet and smelled of smoke, but he didn't care. This had been the strangest ball ever. There had been Inquisitors, dueling, fire, and it had gone on longer than any ball he had ever been to.

"What the hell was that?" he asked his cousin, exhausted.

Posted Image

#2 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

Sanna was facedown on the divan, and did not look up when Aldwin spoke; her arm, flopping over the side and trailing on the floor, gestured vaguely. "I have no idea," she said, tiredly, "but it was not very pleasant."

#3 Aldwin Tekiel

• Heir to House Tekiel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

"No, it wasn't," Aldwin agreed. "Honestly, who ever thought almost being burned alive at a ball would be one's idea of entertainment? And it went on for far too long. I thought it was never going to end."

Posted Image

#4 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

"Lucky thing for you that you were still soaking wet from the fountain, isn't it?" Sanna remarked. "Otherwise something very bad could have happened."

#5 Aldwin Tekiel

• Heir to House Tekiel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

"Very," Aldwin agreed again. "I really would not have enjoyed catching on fire. But you're looking a little singed around the edges, coz; are you sure you're all right?"

Posted Image

#6 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:08 PM

Sanna rolled over and sat up halfway. "I am, but I think my dress is ruined; and I liked it so much, too," she said ruefully prodding at the charred places on the skirts; and where it hadn't been burnt, it had been destroyed by the water someone had splashed on her to put the fire out. "It's depressing."

#7 Aldwin Tekiel

• Heir to House Tekiel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

"I'll buy you a new one," Aldwin offered consolingly. "In the meantime, why don't you go get cleaned up? I'm going to sit here and not move for a while."

Posted Image

#8 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Sanna heaved herself up. "I suppose you're right," she sighed heavily. Her petticoats were still damp, and it was decidedly uncomfortable; she meandered wearily out of the room to her quarters.

#9 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

Lucille wandered bleary-eyed through the hallways of the keep, trying to make her way up to her rooms. The problem was, she seemed to have completely forgotten the layout of her new home, as nothing was where she expected it to be. It was incredibly frustrating; she wanted to go to bed, but she couldn't find her way anywhere.

"My lady?" came a confused voice. "Can I help you?"

"Yes," Luci answered, then blinked in confusion. A concerned-looking servant stood in front of her, but she wasn't wearing the typical blue-and-black livery of Keep Deveaux.

She was wearing green and gold. Tekiel colors.

"Um...." She hesitated, then blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Is Aldwin here yet?"

Posted Image

#10 Aldwin Tekiel

• Heir to House Tekiel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:25 PM

Aldwin wasn't sure how much time had passed, so when he heard the door open, he thought it was Sanna, come back from changing. "Honestly, coz," he moaned with a sigh, "tonight was a disaster."

"Um, Aldwin?" came a familiar voice. "I seem to have got on the wrong carriage.."

Aldwin started and leaped up. "Luci! What are you doing here! Wait, no, you just told me. Lord Ruler, come in! Are you all right?"

His friend nodded, and sunk into a seat with an exhausted sigh. She looked just about as worn out as he felt, but at least it looked like she hadn't been singed. "Here now," he offered, "We'll get you home. Just as soon as Sanna gets back, I'll send for the carriage and bring you home. All right?"

Luci just nodded, and Aldwin sat down to wait.

Posted Image

#11 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

The door burst open again, and Kardin, halfway dressed in trousers, shirt, and unbuttoned waistcoat, darted into the room, dismay in every line of his face. "Coz," he exclaimed, "it's a disaster. Look at my hair. Oh, Lord Ruler. What am I to do? Why didn't you tell me?"

He hadn't seen the damage before he looked in the mirror, but it had been so badly singed that he had had to cut it short. He held the sad remains out in one hand for Aldwin to look at...

...and then he saw Luci and froze.

#12 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Lucille started when a man she didn't know dashed into the room, looking entirely distraught. Something about that voice sounded slightly familiar, and he was holding out a handful of long, curly, singed hair....

.... wait a minute. That face. Those eyes. She would know those eyes anywhere.

"....... Sanna?" she asked in a shocked half-whisper.

Posted Image

#13 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

Kardin turned as white as paper, and had nothing to say; he pressed both hands to his stomach to try to hold back the sudden nausea and vertigo that threatened to overwhelm him.
user posted image

#14 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

"Oh, Sanna," Luci said, bounding up to wrap her friend in a hug. "You could have told me. It's all right. I like your haircut, by the way," she added shyly. "I mean, it's a shame it all burned off, but..." She paused and smiled. "This way looks very nice too."

Posted Image

#15 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:50 PM

Before he really knew what was happening, Luci had him all wrapped up in a warm embrace, which somehow did wonders. "K-K-K-Kardin," he whispered. "It's Kardin."

#16 Aldwin Tekiel

• Heir to House Tekiel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

"Kardin," Luci repeated, staring at him like it was the first time she'd ever seen him. Well, in a way, it really was. "It's a wonderful name. It really does suit you."

Aldwin smirked. Perhaps he should have cut Kardin's hair himself, though he knew he would have never had the heart to do such a thing.

"Well!" he exclaimed, hoping to get Kardin feeling somewhat back to normal by talking about something else. "We have ourselves a problem."

"What do you mean?" Luci asked.

"This ball," Aldwin explained. "It was a total disaster. What are we going to do?"

Luci sighed. "That's a good question," she agreed.

"Luthadel been's thrown totally off course," Aldwin lamented. "I could sing and dance around and it wouldn't do a thing to help."

"Well, why don't you?" Luci asked.

"Why don't I what?"

"Make a musical!"

Aldwin blinked. ".... A musical?"

Posted Image

#17 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

"S-s-sure! Make a musical!"

Kardin had no idea what had gotten into him. Something seemed to have taken him over...He felt overjoyed, excited, crazy!

#18 Aldwin Tekiel

• Heir to House Tekiel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

"The New Aldwin Tekiel!" Luci exclaimed. "He sings! He jumps about to music!"

"The problem is," Aldwin lamented, "after tonight, no one would come to watch me jump off Kredik Shaw into a pool of mistwraiths."

Posted Image

#19 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

"Well, why don't we turn all of Luthadel into a musical?" Kardin asked, brightly.

#20 Aldwin Tekiel

• Heir to House Tekiel

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

"Luthadel!" Aldwin repeated, turning the over idea in his head.

"Yeah!" Luci agreed. "We've got plenty of time to kill. Add some songs and dances, trim the bad threads, add a couple of new ones..."

"Hey," Aldwin said as the realization hit him. "Hey, I think that would work!"

"Of course!" Luci agreed excitedly.

"You know, it may be crazy, but we're gonna do it!" Aldwin decided. "Mistborn: The Inquisition is now a musical!"

Posted Image

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users