The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Mistborn: The Musical

72 replies to this topic

#61 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

Meanwhile, in Keep Deveaux, Etienne's head was bent to his work as he pretended to apply himself. He could not keep his thoughts from wandering out the window, though, and did not even try; after all, why should he? It was too much effort for a result he really did not care about at all. His pen, while he pretended to write, described idle circles instead on the paper.

After a little while of this, he decided he had worked extremely hard, was very tired, and it was about time he had a break. Etienne looked up at Damien, his eyes radiating pathos at him.

"Damien," he said, appealingly, "I can't take anymore. I can't. I'm so exhausted. You have to let me go...Please. I'm going mad."

From the air around them, a solitary, invisible violin began to play a tragic melody, a desolate lament to move the coldest heart, the most hardened soul.
user posted image

#62 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:24 AM

Broderick stared after Nevan in a stupefied haze. Had his cousin been.... singing? While striding through the halls of the keep? And had that been Uncle Ellsworth's voice he had heard earlier! He didn't even know the man could sing!

That was decidedly one of the strangest things I have ever seen, he thought, giving his head a shake. Perhaps the ball was making everyone go mad. And so Broderick decided do to the safest thing possible for his own health:

Leave Keep Venture as soon as possible.

Posted Image

#63 Magnus Venture

• Captain of the Venture Guard

Tineye
  • Age45

• Relationship StatusMarried

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:38 AM

After leaving his bedroom, Magnus ran into Broderick trying to leave the Keep. Magnus had been on his way to the training arena, but wondered where his son was rushing off to so quickly.

"Broderick. Where are you going?" Magnus asked, stopping his son in the hallway.

Edited by Moru, 31 December 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#64 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

Broderick was relieved to discover that his father was not, in fact, bursting into song. "Good Morning, Father," he said in his usual respectful tone. "I was just on my way for a walk through the city. Something strange is happening in the keep this morning."

Posted Image

#65 Magnus Venture

Tineye
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

Magnus raised an eyebrow at his son. Broderick wanted to go outside to hide from the world? Seemed foolish to Magnus. Plus, the two of them were supposed to train together this morning. A song bubbled at Magnus' throat, and he couldn't hold it in.

"You want to go outside? Why, Broderick...!
Look at you, as fragile as a twig
Still a little sapling, just a sprout
You know why we stay up in this tower...?"

Edited by Moru, 31 December 2012 - 02:51 AM.

#66 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

Broderick's eyes widened in shock and confusion. Oh, no. Not Father too! What the hell is going on here!

He had no answer for his father's question, though. Because it was their home? Because Ventures didn't sleep out in the streets? How was he supposed to answer such an obvious question? Except, of course, with the only thing that came to mind:

"Um..."

Posted Image

#67 Magnus Venture

Tineye
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

"That's right to keep you safe and sound dear
Guess i always knew this day was coming
Knew that soon you'd want to leave the nest
Soon but not yet"

Magnus threw an arm around his son's shoulder and led him the other way down the hall, toward the training arena, as they were supposed to be training right now. Walks about town were useless when one should be training.

Edited by Moru, 31 December 2012 - 02:52 AM.

#68 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:35 AM

What. What. WHAT.

Father was singing. Father was singing about him wanting to leave? He just wanted to go outside and get away from the keep before he ingested whatever poison had been dumped into their water supply that was making everyone go absolutely streetspice bloody crazy!

Time to try and weasel his way past. If he could interrupt Father's song.

"But---!"

Posted Image

#69 Magnus Venture

Tineye
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

"Shh! Trust me, pet
Father knows best, father knows best
Listen to your father:
It's a scary world out there.

Father knows best
One way or another
Something will go wrong, I swear
Rioters, skaa
Inquisitors, mistwraiths
Mistborn thieves and spies
The Pits!"

Magnus had a big smile on his face, encompassing the large portion of his face which (on a normal day) would be unused. He rarely ever smiled, but something about this morning made him happy.

He forced Broderick to dance with him a moment while they switched direction. They were now wandering aimlessly through the corridors. No one needed to train on such a lovely day. Magnus was sure he could make up for the delay at a later date.

Edited by Moru, 31 December 2012 - 02:52 AM.

#70 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

Broderick was trying his best to scramble away, but Father blocked his every move. And now he was singing about the horrible dangers of the outside world? It was the inside of the Keep he had to worry about right now! Please, just let me out of here!

"No!" he finally shouted, still trying to break away.

Posted Image

#71 Magnus Venture

Tineye
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Magnus chuckled. "Yes!"

He forced Broderick to dance with him down the corridor before he continued.

"Also large bugs,
Men with pointy teeth and
stop, no more, you'll just upset me.

FAther's right here,
Father will protect you
Darling, here's what I suggest!

Skip the drama
Stay with papa
Father knows best.

Go ahead, get trampled by a mistwraith
Go ahead, get mugged and left for dead
Me, I'm just your father, what do I know?
I only bathed changed and trained you.

Go ahead and leave me, I deserve it
Let me die alone here, be my guest
When it's too late, you'll see, just wait
Father knows best.

Father knows best,
Take it from your papa
on your own, you won't survive!"

Magnus' solo had really begun. He sang at the top of his lungs, and he could see some of the servants of the keep following along behind them giving him back up dancing. He was grinning, happy to be able to control his son's life still.

"Sloppy, under-dressed
immature, clumsy
please, they'll eat you up alive."

Magnus adjusted the clothes his son was wearing, straightening it up and brushing off his shoulders, showing just how sloppy and clumsy he really was.

They continued down the corridor, dancing and turning the corner, They weren't far from Broderick's room now.

"Gullible, naive
Positively grubby
Ditzy, and a bit... welll... hmm. Vague.

Plus, I believe
gettin' kinda chubby.
I'm just saying cause I love you.

Father understands
Father's here to help you
All I have is one requeeeeeest!"

Magnus stopped at Broderick's door and pushed him inside with a flare of pewter.

"Broderick?"

Edited by Moru, 02 January 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#72 Broderick Venture

Atium Chandelier
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

What. The. Bloody. Hell. Is. Happening.

Broderick kept trying to escape, but Father just kept pulling him back, as though the song itself somehow had a hold on his shirt collar and wouldn't let him go. By the time he managed to get free of it, they were back at his room, and Father was addressing him directly. The normal way, not in some bloody song.

"... Yes?"

Posted Image

#73 Magnus Venture

Tineye
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusKnown

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

"Don't ever ask to leave the Keep again." Magnus said with a wicked grin. He had pushed Broderick into his room, and there was no escape from there, unless Broderick were to jump out a window. Magnus put his hand on the door handle ready to close it on Broderick.

He gave Broderick one last look, opened his mouth as if he were going to say more ... but thought better of it. He closed the door and walked down the hallway as if nothing had happened.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users