The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
» Forum Rules
» The Story Thus Far
» Character Application
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Character System Guide
» Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
» The Three Metallic Arts
» Guide to the Final Empire
» Map of Luthadel
» The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
» Introduce Yourself
» Universal Continuity Thread
» The Timeline
» Adoptable Characters
» Wanted Characters
» Face Registry
» Open Threads List

Mistborn Series © Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

That's How You Know

29 replies to this topic

#21 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:21 AM

Kardin had forgotten all about Delissia or anyone else in the square; Lucille was all he was aware of right now. The soft weight of her head on his shoulder, the warmth of her hand in his own, the faint scent of her perfume -

He smiled down at her, and then drew her away, dancing with her to the melody that still filled the air around them.

#22 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusIt's Complicated

• OriginThe Western Dominance

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:17 AM

Delissia watched contentedly as Kardin and Luci finally shared their first kiss. She was so happy for them... wasn't she? For some reason, she felt a little bit of regret, or (could it be?) jealousy welling up inside her. Delissia angrily pushed those feelings away. She had no reason ruining a perfectly lovely song filled day with bad feelings. She should be happy for her friends. True, they probably wouldn't have as much time for her now, they'd likely be spending a lot of time together, but that was part of life, wasn't it.

She must have been frowining, for a voice came from behind her, "What's wrong, pretty lady?"

Delissia whirled. It was that Klyde again! Really, wouldn't he get the hint. But somehow, for once, Delissia didn't feel like telling him off just then. And so, she decided to sing instead.

"I know what is happening."

"What?" asked Klyde, obviously puzzled as usual.

"But those two can't see."

"Who?" He really was clueless.

"They'll fall in love, and here's the bottom line. Our trio's down to me."

"Oh," said Klyde, wrinkling his brow with thought. Delissia sighed, were there any men in this blasted city who could understand romance on their own? She supposed she would have to explain to him too.

"The sweet caress of twilight. There's magic in the air. And with all of this romantic atmosphere, disaster's in the air!"

"O, can you feel, the love tonight," she sang, wrapping him in a strictly friendly hug. "The peace the evening brings. The final empire is for once, a place of harmony, because that's what love brings."

#23 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

Luci was still beaming as she and Kardin shared their dance, but worries began to creep through. Kardin didn't know about her past, about the things that had happened to her. About the other side of her heart that she kept locked tightly away from the light of day. She was vaguely aware of music beginning again, so the thoughts in her head took the form of a song:

So many things to tell him,
But how to make him see?
The darkness in my heart? Impossible!
He'd turn away from me.

Posted Image

#24 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

"She's holding back, she's hiding
But what, I can't decide
Why won't she see the light I know she has
The light I see inside?"

Kardin sang gently in answer to Luci, catching her eyes with his own. She shouldn't be afraid of this - he would never turn away from her. He couldn't. Not now that he knew.

#25 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusIt's Complicated

• OriginThe Western Dominance

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:56 AM

Delissia took it in stride as the Skaa chorus joined in behind her, and continued to sing along with them.
"Can you feel the love tonight?
The peace the evening brings
The world, for once, in perfect harmony
With all its living things
Can you feel the love tonight?
You needn't look too far
Stealing through the night's uncertainties
Love is where they are."

The chorus slowly began to disperse, humming lowly as Delissia finished the song.
"And if they fall in love tonight
It can be assumed
Their carefree days with us are history
And poor little me is doomed."

#26 Klyde

• Crewleader

House Raisaal
  • Age31

• Relationship StatusSeparated / It's Complicated

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

Klyde's face fell as Delissia did. He didn't think he'd ever seen her this crestfallen. She'd been angry with him certainly, but not like this. Usually her personality was so dynamic, now she just seemed small and alone. It almost made him sad.

"Do you want to talk about it?

Delissia scoffed, and moved to walk away. "The last time we talked, Mr. Klyde, you reduced me to tears. I assure you it won't happen again."

Klyde caught her arm, and found, somewhere deep in side him, a song to sing. The motion, unfortunately, made him remember the large amount of drinking he had done the night before, and his smile that was meant to be reassuring, came out a little less charming than he had hoped.

"Do I attract you?
Do I repulse you with my queasy smile?
Am I too dirty?
Am I too flirty?
Do I like what you like?

I could be wholesome
I could be loathsome
I guess I'm a little bit shy
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me without making me try?

I try to be like the thief Klyde
But all your looks were too sad
So I try a little Lord Klyde
I've gone identity mad!"

Those blasted skaa began singing along again, backing him up. He didn't know where they were coming from, but he wished they'd mind their own business. As he sang, he found himself resisting several attempts by the chorus to get him into a dance formation.

"I could be brown
I could be blue
I could be ash filled sky
I could be hurtful
I could be purple
I could be anything you like
Gotta be green
Gotta be mean
Gotta be everything more
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you walk out the door!"

Delissia harrumphed again. "Getting angry," she said in that all knowing voice of hers, "doesn't solve anything."

Klyde decided to try again.
"How can I help it
How can I help it
How can I help what you think?
Hello my baby
Hello my baby
Putting my life on the brink
Why don't you like me
Why don't you like me
Why don't you like yourself?
Should I bend over?
Should I look older just to be put on your shelf?

I try to be like the thief Klyde
But all her looks were too sad
So I try a Lord Klyde
I've gone identity mad!

I could be brown
I could be blue
I could be ash-filled sky
I could be hurtful
I could be purple
Gotta be green
Gotta be mean
Gotta be everything more
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me?
Walk out the door!"

Klyde got down on one knee, and took Delissia's hand in his, the skaa chorus began dancing around him.

"Say what you want to satisfy yourself
But you only want what everybody else says you should want

I could be brown
I could be blue
I could be ash-filled sky
I could be hurtful
I could be purple
Gotta be green
Gotta be mean
Gotta be everything more
Why don't you like me?
Why don't you like me?
Walk out the door!"

Delissia sighed, and took Klyde's arm. "Very well, Klyde, we're leaving."

Klyde winked at a nearby skaa man and winked. "Cha-Ching!"

Delissa took her hand from his and slapped him across the face. "Men!" and stormed off.

#27 Gervais Lekal

• A monkey's uncle

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age36

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

Gervais broke through the crowd, which had begun to disperse, and finally stopped caterwauling, but the disembodied music had not ended. It was still playing in the air, this time having turned from an annoyingly bright and cheerful melody into something sickening and sentimental. His mouth twisted in disgust, as he sought after the girl; why he was searching, he did not know. But for some reason, he had to.

His eyes fell on Lucille, her hands held by some pretty-faced boy he didn?t recognize; they were staring at one another like witless fools, and then the boy drew her towards him and leaned inwards. Their lips met.

Gervais stood there frozen, not even comprehending what he had just seen for a moment. He felt unreal, as if everything around him was shallow, not truly there, or perhaps it was Gervais himself that was insubstantial. Disappearing. Numb.

Invisible.

They held one another, and he could hear them singing to one another. Their voices twined together, as they sang about light, and worlds shifting. And he could see the glow in her eyes, even from this distance; the way she looked at the boy, as if he was something perfect. Something beautiful and shining. Something she loved more than anything else in the world. She rested her head on the boy's shoulder, complete trust obvious in the way she simply relaxed into his embrace.

Something kindled within him, a slow, spreading, bitter fire, and rose up to choke him like nausea; it felt as if there was something alive inside of him, slithering around. Envy, twisting and writhing. She had never looked at him like that; she never would. She had never touched him like that. Hatred, filling the emptiness he hadn?t even known existed before this moment.

He had never hated anyone as much as that pretty-faced doll of a boy.

Gervais backed away into the shadowed part of the street he had come from, his eyes still fixed on them as they danced, and then came to a halt, still holding on to one another. It burned, but even that fury was not enough to cover over the sharp pain that lay underneath, neither the pain nor the despair. It was almost like fear.

"Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don?t know if I?ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main.

Listen close to everybody?s heart
And hear that breaking sound
Hopes and dreams are shattering apart
And crashing to the ground.

I cannot believe my eyes
How the world?s filled with filth and lies
But it?s plain to see, evil inside of me
Is on the rise."

#28 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

Lucille felt like she was floating. She had only seen Kardin for who he really was early this morning, but now that they had each other, she couldn't imagine ever being apart. They both had their struggles, the things that set them apart or held them back, but together, they could overcome anything. Her life was complete.

And it made her want to sing again.

Look around
We're living with the lost and found
Just when you feel you've almost drowned
You find yourself on solid ground

And you believe there's good in everybody's heart
Keep it safe and sound
With hope you can do your part
To turn a life around

I cannot believe my eyes
Is the world finally growing wise?
Because it seems to me
Some kind of harmony
Is on the rise."

Posted Image

#29 Gervais Lekal

• A monkey's uncle

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age36

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

It was as if something was possessing him, the black ooze of despair crawling through his veins and taking him over. Gervais could not sing, he could not carry a tune, but all the same he sang. The words were drivelling idiocy. As he sang them he knew it, he fought against the compulsion, but he found himself powerless against the force that made him sing out feelings he never would have even spoken. His voice sounded in a harsh counterpoint to the girl's song.

Did this supernatural have to play with him like this? Wasn't it enough that he had to see this, hear her voice rippling out as she sang about her rapture with that doll?

Anyone with half a brain
Could spend their whole life howling in pain
Because the dark is everywhere and Luci doesn’t seem to care
that soon the dark in me is all that will remain.

Listen close to everybody’s heart
and hear that breaking sound
Hopes and dreams are shattering apart
And crashing to the ground

I cannot believe my eyes
How the world’s filled with filth and lies
But it’s plain to see, evil inside of me
Is on the rise.

#30 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

Luci smiled at Kardin as she sang. She was aware, somewhere in the distance, of another voice rising in counterpoint to hers, but she couldn't hear what he was singing - only that he was. And that, to complete the song, she had to sing along too.

"Take it slow
He looks at me and seems to know
The things that I'm afraid to show
And suddenly I feel this glow

That I believe there's good in
Everybody's heart
If you keep it safe and sound
With hope you can do your part
And turn your life around

I cannot believe my eyes
How the world's finally growing wise
But it's plain to see
Rapture inside of me
Is on the rise."

As the song faded away, Luci smiled at Kardin, kissed him on the cheek, and happily allowed him to lead them wherever he wanted to go.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users