←  Non-Canon RP

Mistborn: The Inquisition

»

One Jump

Viridian Demesne's Photo Viridian Demesne 03 Apr 2011

The Misting Skaa crew sat around their secret hideout, as they seemed to do most nights. Each man trading stories and plotting their various betrayals when the entry door suddenly splintered inward. A rush of air and mist flowed inward, revealing a dark figure, her black mist cloak flicking inward with the airflow. For a long moment, there was no sound. Men and women gaped in shock, and finally, the man at the end of the table stood and threw a coin at the intruder.

Vie leapt into the air, and burst into song.

"Gatta keep, one jump, ahead of the coinshot,
One leap, ahead of the sword.
I'll kill, those of you that abhor
(and that's all of you!)

One leap, ahead of the tineye
One kill, and that's no joke!
These guys, don't even know how to cope."

She landed hard on the tin eye's chest, his ribcage smashed inward, elation flooded her chest. The thrill of the skaa mutilator's death was intoxicating, overwhelmingly delicious. A symphony of desire rose around her, caressing her thoughts, rioting the long absent emotions within her. Lulling her into SONG!

In the meantime, the Skaa Crew was only just really becoming aware of just how screwed they were.

"Mistwraith! Mistborn! Spectre! Ash Wraith!"

"Just a little closer,"
She taunted.

"Rip her open, kill her quick boys!"

"Can't you take a hint, time to face the facts,
You're all as dead as your friend, adu!"

"Who?"

The non misting members of the crew had fallen back into the corner praying that their more powerful members would take the Ash Wraith down despite the urban legends they had heard and they sang:

"Oh it's sad that creatures been a problem!
She's become a one-gal rise in crime.
I'd blame parents but who knows if she's got 'em."

Viridian descended upon them like the cockroaches they were.

"Gotta kill to feel, gotta feel to live,
Tell you all about it when I've got the time!"

"One skip, ahead of the lurcher,
One slug, ahead of the thug!
Next time, It might be best to try and run?"

She spun away from another thug, burned pewter and chopped hard against his Adams apple:

"One slice, ahead of the punch line,
One stomp, right into your sock,
After this, I'll take a stroll around the block."

The mistings were fewer in number now, though their efforts only became more frantic if their increasing rhythm was any indication:

"Stop! Beast! Outcast! Ashe Wraith! Monster!"

Viridian was hardly phased by the soprano among their ranks, and she had heard insults slung in greater harmony

"Let's not be too hasty!" She sang coming down hard on the last thug's trachea. Her hood fell free and the last surviving non misting thief gave an appreciative nod.

"Still I think she's rather tasty?" the knife she had thrown found his heart.

"Gatta kill to feel, gatta feel to live,
Otherwise we'd get along."

"WRONG!"

She rounded on the only survivor. The crew leader.

"One Kick, ahead the drum beat."
(Mistborn!)
"One trick, ahead of disaster."
(Ash Wraith!)
"Your quick, but I'm much faster."
(Take that!)
"Here goes, better tuck your ear's in,
I'm gonna take your finger
All I gatta do is CUT!?

She slit his throat only after she had collected the appendages. Afterward she pulled free a bottle of hard liquor spilled it over the wooden table and kicked the candle holder over. Within moments the building was on fire, she was out the window and leaping from rooftop to rooftop towards Cray's clinic...

She slowed to a halt near the chimney stack of the structure directly across from the hospital and shut her eyes, angling her head toward the sky. Already she could feel the intense emotions slipping away. Soon they would be gone, she tried to make the most of them.

"Monster, Ash Wraith,
Can't they see that,
When one looks much closer...
Won't they see the answer? No, siree
They don't see
There's noting more to me."

The feeling left. She felt numb again. She felt nothing. On the other side of the street, the clinic waited for her. She would have Cray patch her up as she always did. She reflected that only moments ago she had been singing, it always surprised her, because when it was over, she was certain she didn't know how...
Edited by Viridian Demesne, 20 October 2011 - 02:15 AM.