The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Khaelys

5 replies to this topic

#1 Khaelys

Skaa

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

Physical Features
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 120lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Distinguishing Features: Scar on each side of Left hand. Light Blue Eyes.

History
Born with his twin sister Talia to a Hazekiller and Maid for House Lekal, his mother was killed in front of him at a very young age, where he snapped. He and his twin sister were kept quiet from the world, but they grew up alongside a kindly merchant family. Because of his birth, his father taught him the way of Allomancy to protect both himself, and his sister, who showed no signs of the magic. Then, on their 12th birthday, an Inquisitor came to take Khaelys. While his father tried to keep the Inquisitor away, he was eventually killed, along with the merchant family, in front of Khaelys. In a blind rage, he sought to attack the monster. His sister grabbed him, and she accidentally channeled some power into him, and he pushed the Inquisitor through a wall. He escaped, but his sister was killed in the confusion. Feeling responsible for the accident, he joined the underground, and sought to attack the establishment that destroyed his family.

Powers
Power: Allomancy
Metal: Steel (Coinshot)
Degree of Skill: High. His father was a Hazekiller from house Lekal, and taught his son how to use Steel from a very young age. He can Steeljump far distances, and uses steel daggers just as frequently as coins. He is also competent in fighting, but not by any means an expert.

Other
Special Skills: Because his father was a Hazekiller, he is very competent with his obsidian-pointed dueling cane. While he is a master of offensive pushing, his true strength is in his defensive power. He is able to deflect even the largest and fastest of projectiles. He is known to break in large metal structures, and pushing objects far larger than he is. He does this by placing coins and daggers against walls, and pushing off of the wall while pushing the object.

Personality
Even with the all the tragedy in his life, his still is a hopeful person. Highly charismatic, and quick witted, he cannot help but make friends wherever he went. He protects all of his allies as if every life he saved would bring him closer to re-forming his family.

-----------
Try and go easy on my guys. This is my first forum post ever! Hope you like him!
user posted image

#2 Chaos

High House Noble

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:26 PM

Could you please conform to the proper character application template (found here: http://mistbornrpg.1...p?showtopic=333 ) and add an RP sample? Thanks. I will take a closer look when the application is in the proper form.

#3 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Welcome to the RP! I'm glad to see new people making characters. ^^ And we definitely need more rebellion members. I hope you like it here! I have to admit, though, I'm a little confused. Was the maid a skaa? And if so, how was she allowed to live long enough for her murder to Snap your character? If she was a skaa disguised as a noble servant, that is perfectly acceptable, but we need to know these things in order to make sense of your character.

Also, please keep in mind that since this is a prequel RP, we do not allow metals beyond the original ten (with the exception of Inquisitors, who, according to Brandon, have knowledge of aluminum and duralumin). This includes NPCs, so while I understand why you wanted the sister character to be a Nicroburst, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to change or remove that. Sorry.

I'm glad to see you wanting to participate, and I hope you enjoy your RP here. I'm pointing these things out because on this site, we help each other grow as roleplayers and as writers in general. Anything we say to you, we mean constructively. I'll be happy to help workshop with you if you want a little extra constructive input - just email or IM me and I'll get with you ASAP. All my contact info can be found in my profile - just don't use the PM system, because we're currently experiencing some technical difficulties with that, and anything you send will probably not make it. Thanks!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Khaelys

Skaa

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Hey thanks a ton! However, I am confused as well. I always assumed that the servants had been skaa. However, I think I can alter my character to fit to the fact that they are not. Again, thanks for the help though!!!
user posted image

#5 Chaos

High House Noble

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

You can make it either way. Poorer nobles do have to work, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were sometimes hired to do that. If she is skaa you just need to worldbuild it enough so it works for what you want to do.

#6 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:18 PM

Yes, poorer nobles do work. In the beginning of Mistborn 1, Vin talks Camon out of using (fake) noble servants for his ruse, and Elend later talks about the noble maids the Ventures use. A Great House like Lekal would easily have skaa for more menial labor, and poorer nobles in jobs that are more likely to come in contact with the higherups. Convenient, no? :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users