The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

51 replies to this topic

#21 Viridian Demesne

Chunky the Mistwraith

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:37 AM

Viridian drew them to a stop outside the course. It wasn't particularly long, or at least wouldn't be particularly long for her. Beginning with an eight foot wall meant to be hopped over with precision as there was another wall beyond that was raised higher with an opening underneath so that any allomancer leaping to high would not make it very far without getting back down onto the ground. The remainder of the course was a series of short sprints and a system of leveraged platforms connected to one another in such a way that the allomancer would typically need to manipulate the platforms to proceed further along the course.

Much of the course wouldn't pose problems for Aaron, and much of it would. She had already set it up so as to be technically possible. "We begin here," She answered his question, "You will be required to complete this course within an optimal time frame under specified criteria."
<div align=center>user posted image</div>

Attached NPC's: Davon Demesne, Alyss Demesne

#22 Aaron Elariel

• Elariel Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:40 AM

Aaron took in the course. While he hadn't used this exact set up befor, he'd trained on one's like it numerous times. They were designed to test an allomancers speed, precision, and technique. Of course, they were typically used to train mistborn, hence the removable obstacles, but Aaron had been training on them since he learned to lurch with any competency.

On the whole, it looked like good course, which might offer him a challenge or two, but was nothing he hadn't seen before. If Viridian wanted to put him through his paces she would have to do better than this.

He took a vial of iron from his side and uncorked it, ready to swallow. "Fair enough," he said confidently. It felt good to know what he was doing once again. Daerra and his father might be able to talk circles around him, but Aaron knew allomancy. It had always come naturally to him. Perhaps Viridian's training really was just what he needed. "What criteria did you have in mind?"

#23 Viridian Demesne

Chunky the Mistwraith

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

"You will complete the course following the indicated route," she replied simply, "absent diversion. There will be zero tolerance toward creativity or preferred path exercise as this is to be a legitimate example of your skill set's as they pertain to your immediate physical condition."

Noting that Aaron was already dangerously near to failing the course prematurely she closed the few feet between them and caught hold of his wrist firmly, "Allomancy will also be forbidden."

Edited by Viridian Demesne, 25 October 2011 - 06:51 PM.

#24 Aaron Elariel

• Elariel Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

Had he heard correctly? Did she really expect him to run the entire course without iron. Judging by the way she grabbed his arm, he was guessing not. Aaron looked her in the eyes, trying to find any hint that she was joking. He shouldn't have tried. This was Viridian Demesne he was dealing with. Of course she wasn't joking.

Taking a deep breath, Aaron handed over his vial of iron and eyed the course warily. "No allomancy, no frills. Got it." Small chance that he would take creative liberty. This course was designed for allomancers. How did she expect him to manage without.

You can do this he told himself. He'd been forced to get down from places higher than those platforms without an anchor. And he'd always been proud of how he mixed his allomancy with acrobatics. Iron was just a safety net. Completely unnecessary. He was a born gymnast. He could do this. Probably.

"All right then," he said, seeing no possible benefit to trying to wriggle out of this. Viridian's expression was implacable. "Let's get this over with shall we?"

#25 Viridian Demesne

Chunky the Mistwraith

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:31 AM

"You are free to begin at your leisure," Viridian stated and began walking to a position from where she would have the best possible view. She had marked the area with a rock during her earlier inspection, as she moved away her voice rose so as to cover whatever distance she was bringing, "You will be timed. Your results will be judged in relation with all previous applicant results, mistborn or other. Mistakes will be noted, and you will not bend the rules of the course. Failure to complete the course will result in immediate re-entry from the beginning until you have either completed the exercise or are otherwise incapable of doing so." She stopped at her marker and turned back to him, "are the conditions of the evaluation clear?"

Edited by Viridian Demesne, 01 November 2011 - 05:36 AM.

#26 Aaron Elariel

• Elariel Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

"All right then," Aaron nodded and took position. "Let's do this."

Starting, he took off running. The first obstacle was an eight foot wall. The wall was studded with bits of metal, meant to be used as anchors for allomancers to manipulate in various ways depending how the course was set up. Perhaps he could use those to climb. Once he neared the wall, he leapt, hoping to gain some time by jumping, and grabbed onto to closest studs.

He quickly realized the flaws of his plan. The studs were tightly attached to the wall, and the surface was smooth and slick, leaving very little room for grip. Unable to get a good hold, he fell backwards, barely managing to land on his feet. He winced slightly as the shock from landing ran up his legs. How was he going to get over this thing?

Taking another look, Aaron assessed the placement of the studs, and the cracks between the bricks. Having being taken up and down multiple times, and being made of necessarily lighter materials, the mortar was crumbling in several places, creating tiny holds that he might be able to slip fingers or toes into. Knowing he had a time limit, Aaron hastily ripped off his shoes, and tied them to his belt with the laces. He might need them for later, and he definitely didn't want to have to jump down from anywhere onto his bare feet if he could help it. A foot injury could put him out of business entirely.

Feeling the clock ticking in the back of his mind, Aaron began to slowly but steadily make his way up the wall.

#27 Claudia Elariel

• Elariel Mistborn

Theatre Spectator
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

She reached up absently and tugged at a loose strand of her mouse-brown hair, frowning. Black. Her coloring wasn't well suited to extremely dark shades. Not that she would normally have cared. Still if she was going to start thinking like the Elariel she was, like the girl Mikhail had always wished she could be, then she would have to develop the habit of considering these things...a habit which seemed to come so naturally to Daerra. Claudia titled her head slightly. She could ask her mother for help...

No, she thought feircely. No. There wouldn't be a heartbeat's pause between her asking for a favor like that and her father hearing about it. If she were going to improve, to be Elariel's Mistborn in truth rather than just in name, then it needed to be subtly where her father didn't notice and therefore wouldn't attempt to shape it. Mikhail would have been a good head of House. If they were lucky Aaron could gain the confidance to act on the ability she supsected was just under the surface. If her father and uncle had their way, though, their old fued would tear Elariel apart. She knew that. She had seen it in the set of Uncle Adnrew's jaw every time Mikhail walked into a room since they were children. She couldn't inherit the House - Lord Ruler be thanked. That didn't mean she had no way of filling in the chasm that had formed a generation ago. If Elariel's Mistborn fully supported Elariel's heir...

"Daerra," she said quietly. The weight of the air seemed to sink into her skin; a tingling pressure she was usually only aware of while burning tin. Suprrisingly her voice was steady and for once there were no butterflies dancing in her stomach. Sh felt certain. "I need a favor."

A ghostly smile touched her lips. "When it comes to my social responsibilities its no secret I've not been the most attentive of the Elariels. I fear I'm quite out of practice when it comes to considering such things; hair and clothing, what is suitable is obvious, what is preferable isn't always. It is perhaps a lot of ask - I'm well past the age where I should need my cousin to teach me the finer points of Luthadel's society, but that is the position I've put myself in. Do you think ou might see your way to help me?"

Edited by Comatose, 29 January 2016 - 10:59 PM.

Characters: Claudia Elariel, Jessica Marsdale, Kayla, Adalae Lekal

#28 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• Relationship StatusMarried

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

Finally caught up on the paper work that the executions had set back, Andrew decided to make his way over to the training grounds to gauge Aaron's progress. While he was there, he also intended to take stock of the Demesne girl. With Aaron as heir, he gained an advantage within the house, and it was one he did not intend to lose. Daerra's proposition from earlier was still on his mind. It gaulled him that he must rely on his daughter to influence his son, but Aaron had always proven to be unpredictable. Now more than ever, he needed to be sure his son could be counted on.

So, he would let Daerra play her games, all the while trying to bring Aaron onto his side. He didn't trust her for a minute, even though his spies had confirmed her visit to Alistair. If she wanted to think she was pulling the strings, that was fine with him. He'd make use of her for now and then find a way to silence or get rid of her if she proved troublesome.

When he arrived at the training grounds, he found Aaron scrambling up a wall, or trying to. As soon as Andrew came into view, Aaron fell down for what didn't look like the first time, and started over again. This time, he seemed to be making better progress, having established where the best hand and foot holds were. The Demesne woman looked on dispassionately.

Taking in the course, Andrew realized it was one of the customizable courses built to test allomancers. It was obvious however, that Aaron wasn't using iron. Andrew had always been proud of his son's allomantic talent. Few lurchers could imitate a Mistborn the way Aaron could. Allomancy was one of the few areas that Andrew pushed Aaron in that the boy excelled in, and without any fuss.

He approached Viridian cautiously. The woman was dangerous, after all. That was why he'd suggested hiring her. Andrew didn't approve of women like her, and being an open mistborn didn't help her case. Her knowledge that everyone knew of her power made her insufferable overconfident in her abilities. She seemed to think that it gave her status enough to disregard whatever social norms and customs she chose not to observe. But, he had to admit, from what he'd heard she was a talented allomancer, and her open status made her a useful tool for the protection of his son.

When he approached he did not soothe Viridian. For all he knew, she could be burning bronze, and he wasn't ready to share that particular secret with her yet. "You do know you are being payed to protect my son and train him to protect himself, not kill him with pointless tasks, correct?"

#29 Viridian Demesne

Chunky the Mistwraith

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:45 PM

Viridian turned from Aaron for a calculatedly short period of time to politely acknowledge what would be seen as a social superior. She bowed her head just so in recognition and then turned back to her prime task of keeping watch over Aaron, though taking a step back and away to angle herself in such a way that she could keep the newcomer visible out of the corner of her eye.

If Andrew made an attempt to rush Aaron, lacking the possibility that he might be a Mistborn, Vie had plenty of space by which to intercept and deal with the situation. If Andrew's prime interest was merely to talk, the movement would possibly help to appear more polite, though in the second possibility, she was less certain or comfortable.

His question lingered in the air for only a moment as she considered possible responses, "I will consider your input upon the event a pointless task enters into our schedule." She stated diplomatically, "At present, I must observe both Aaron's capabilities as well as his incapabilities. Of your fatalistic concearns, I assure you that the probability of Aaron's death on this course, allowing that he is forbidden to use allomancy for the foreseeable future, is negligible." She hazarded her full attention on Andrew for another brief moment, "I trust I have addressed all of your concears?"

Edited by Viridian Demesne, 05 November 2011 - 02:04 AM.

#30 Daerra Elariel

• Heir's Sister

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

Daerra smiled, "I would be happy to." Her cousin was making things too easy. Not only would aiding Claudia give Daerra more leverage, it would also give them a chance to spend more time together, allowing Daerra to find more opportunities to expand her influence over her cousin.

"It will barely be any work at all anyways. With your lovely hair and those striking eyes, most of our work is done for us," Daerra took care to keep any hint of envy from her voice. Claudia's honey-toned hair hung longer than most women in Luthadel, and it was full of shine and body. Daerra knew if she tried to grow her hair that long it would look stringy and unhealthy. "I'll send a servant to fetch some of my gowns, and we can decide what to wear together, and then you have to let me help you with your hair."

#31 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

Andrew nodded absently as Viridian gave her predictably sombre and unimaginative answer. His gaze was fixed on Aaron as he made his way through the course. He made an impressive leap from one platform to another, barely catching his target with his hands. Slowly, and with obvious effort, he pulled himself up and clambered over, making his way onto the next obstacle.

Andrew had never troubled himself with overly physical pursuits, beyond the standard dueling and dancing that was required of a young nobleman. Courses like this one were the sport of brutes, tools for men like Andrew to use. However, he couldn't help but be impressed with Aaron's progress. Whatever was said about the boy's business sense, he certainly wasn't a pushover. It felt good to be proud of his son. He even considered soothing Aaron's doubts and nervousness, before remembering Viridian was present. He promptly rejected the notion. Aaron was his son, and could make his way on his own.

Viridian was a straight forward woman, and intricate manipulations would get him nowhere with her, so he spoke plainly. "If he is harmed you will pay for it. Mistborn or not, I will see to it."

#32 Viridian Demesne

Chunky the Mistwraith

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

Viridian cocked her head and glanced sideways at Andrew now. She recognized the structural layout and implication of a threat. She was incapable of comprehending the motivation behind the sudden and quite unnecessary conversational shift. "In the interest then, of self preservation," Viridian afforded him, "I must inquire as to any further illogical requests relating to our arrangement and request adequate compensation in regard to the dangers of allied retaliation."

"Harm is unavoidable," she informed him logically, "If Aaron does not learn to defend himself and to cope with physical discomfort be it minor skin abrasion or else something more grievous, than he will make no better showing of himself than his late cousin. Mikhail would not have been so simple a target if he also had run this course."

She returned most of her attention to Aaron, whom was making a fair showing of himself. At times he struggled in places she knew that he would not in the future. At times he made slight unnecessary mistakes, and sometimes he made odd choices that were surprisingly effective. Every leap, every fall, they all worked together to show Viridian where his problem area's were and what they needed to work on. It was, however, more than likely Aaron had already been 'harmed' by the obstacle's under the definition of the word.

"I assure you, should your son be injured during periods of our daily exercise, the infraction will be minor or else otherwise inconsequential." She decided to cover whatever aspects of his request he might have intended to specify, "Should Aaron come under threat similar to that represented to Mikhail by Phyra Venture, I will do what is in my capability to ensure the threat is eliminated. My job will become simpler once Aaron has learned to defend himself."

Edited by Viridian Demesne, 07 November 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#33 Andrew Elariel

• Disinherited Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age45

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Andrew rolled his eyes. Viridian seemed to know what she was doing in regards to training and protecting Aaron, but in all else she was obviously a simpleton. Useful in her capacity as a tool, but useless for any other function. It would be pointless to try to sway her one way or the other, and as long as she got her payment, it seemed like she was doing her best to ensure Aaron survived whatever troubles came his way.

"Your fee was agreed upon when the arrangement was made. A smart girl like you surely knew what you were getting into. You must have known that in order to survive among the elite of Luthadel, you must be ruthless. All imperfections are eventually discovered and exploited. I'm not sure what kind of challenges you ran into serving House Demesne, but whatever they were, I assure you the ones you find here will not be as forgiving. You are obviously doing your best and achieving satisfactory results. See that they are enough."

Andrew looked at his watch. Aaron seemed to be doing well, and Viridian was doing her job. Now, the entire situation was boring him. It was time to move on. As always, there was work to do.

"Good day Lady Demesne," he didn't bother to nod or wait for a reply. Instead, he went on his way, wondering why he had allowed the woman to waste his time.

#34 Claudia Elariel

• Elariel Mistborn

Theatre Spectator
  • Age20

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

Her hair? Claudia had intended to have it braided. She had always worn her hair in a series of long braids drawn up into a ponytail that held them firmly at the back of her head. "Braiding my hair is a lot of work," she said hesitantly. "If it's something you want to do, Daerra...I won't say no, but...usually it takes two of my handmaidens to get it done in any sort of reasonable amount of time."

She forces herself to smile after a moment, thinking about her cousin's kind words. "I'm very...grateful, cousin. I hope you know that. No one knows Luthadel like you and with your own beauty...well let's just say I have no illusions about being more than passable." Claudia let her eyes run along the carpet as her thoughts turned from hair and gowns back to Mikhail. "I don't know how we'll get through this...They'll all offer us small, insincere smiles. They'll say how sad it is we've lost Mikhail and how awful Phyra was. Then Camille will pour more tea and we'll return to discussing who might marry who, and how the fabric coming out of the tailor's shops is to rough or who is working on the best dress designs."

Characters: Claudia Elariel, Jessica Marsdale, Kayla, Adalae Lekal

#35 Daerra Elariel

• Heir's Sister

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

Daerra kept her smile bright, but kicked herself inside. What had made her think she was proficient enough to help style Claudia's hair. For important events, she didn't even do her own. Not wanting to look like a fool, she answered quickly, without missing a beat. "Then I will have to content myself to supervise them. That way I won't be getting in the way, but I can still make sure they do a good job of things."

Claudia's further concerns were more difficult to respond to. Had Daerra been in her position, it wouldn't have been a problem. Daerra never let her feelings interfere with what needed to be done. But, as her father loved to remind her, not everyone was like Daerra. Furthermore, if she wanted to build up trust with Claudia she could not afford to let on how deep and extensive her act really was.

"You'll do your best," she said softly. "That's all anyone can expect of you. If you need to leave for a bit, we can arrange a signal and concoct some excuse." Daerra took her cousin's hands in her own. "Don't doubt yourself Claudia. As a mistborn, you've faced assassins and hazekillers. You stay up late into the night with training and missions, but when day breaks you still find it in yourself to be kind and caring. You might not realize it, but you are incredibly strong. More than strong enough to handle a few gossiping ladies."

#36 Aaron Elariel

• Elariel Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

Aaron tried his best to ignore his father's presence and focus on the challenges at hand. He had obstacles to get through, and wasn't allowed to use allomancy. Viridian Demesne was putting him through his paces. He couldn't afford to be distracted.

What is he doing here? Aaron forced himself to focus. The course was taking him long enough as is. He'd been in tighter pinches before on his thieving missions. He could do this. He could worry about his father's approval later. Right now he had to do his best to earn it.

Andrew didn't stay long. Aaron wasn't sure whether to be relieved he wasn't be watched (except for Viridian) or disappointed his father hadn't stayed to see him succeed.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Aaron figured his way around the last obstacle and tumbled to the ground at the finish line, coming out in a roll to avoid injury.

"There," he said facing Viridian, huffing as he tried to catch his breath. "Done."

#37 Viridian Demesne

Chunky the Mistwraith

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

"You have displayed an adequate introductory exercise," Viridian bobbed her head in seeming acceptance. She looked him over briefly for any sign of physical injury outside of casual scrapes, before stepping off and around him, "We shall break for a period of ten minutes during which you are to recover."

There was more than enough room for improvement on the course. She briefly considered moving on to another and decided against it. She would test him on this course until he was expert before shifting to another for a variety of experimental and practical reasons, she would need to observe Aaron closely to discern the optimal method to take with him in every area of his training.

"After which," Vie continued off her previous declaration, "You are to run the course again. You will be expected to complete each successive run under incrementally reduced time constraints and with fewer mistakes."

Edited by Viridian Demesne, 08 February 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#38 Aaron Elariel

• Elariel Heir

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

"You can't be serious," Aaron said before he could stop himself. Viridian wanted him to run that death trap again? Furthermore, she wanted him to improve, without using any allomancy at all?

Of course she does Aaron realized as he looked into Viridian's eyes. He'd forgotten for a moment who he was dealing with.

"Nevermind," he said turning away. "I'll start stretching."

#39 Daerra Elariel

• Heir's Sister

House Raisaal
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Daerra exited the keep from one of the entrances facing the training grounds. She had left the maids to help finish getting Claudia ready, and had ordered the carriage to be prepared. Now, with a few moments to spare, she was going to visit his brother. One of her spies had been keeping an eye on him all day, and had informed her he was scheduled to be training with Viridian Demesne. It seemed she had chosen an opportune time to arrive, for Aaron looked like he was taking a break, doing some stretches while Viridian observed.

Steady now, Daerra told herself, trying to slow her racing heart. Aaron had been angry last night, and rightly so. She should have included him in her plans. She saw that now. While she had succeeded in her goal, she had made mistakes in doing it. Now it was time to correct them. He'll forgive me, she told herself. He has to. As much as she hated to admit it, she needed Aaron. He balanced her, and kept her from taking on too much. He was her twin brother and her best friend. The only person she could trust.

Which is why I should have trusted him with my plan. Had she explained things to him, he would have understood... wouldn't he? She was looking out for both of them after all. Mikhail had been a dangerous political opponent. He knew Daerra was a threat. How long before he thought to try to threaten Aaron to use him against her? She had made the smart move, taking a chance and striking first. Aaron would have to understand that. She just had to explain it to him properly.

As she approached Viridian and Aaron, she plastered a bright smile on her face, and adopted an overall cheerful demeanor. "Hard at work I see. I hope you aren't pushing my little brother to hard, Lady Viridian. I would hate to lose him to overexertion." Was that supposed to be a joke? she wondered as she swallowed an uncomfortable laugh before it could embarrass her. What was wrong with her.

"Actually, since you are taking a break anyways, I was wondering if I could steal him away for a moment." Aaron's back was towards her. He seemed to be focusing on his stretching, so he didn't see her as she turned to him and attempted to approach. "Aaron," she said, angrily noting the unintentional hint of timidness in her voice, "Might I have a word with you?"

#40 Viridian Demesne

Chunky the Mistwraith

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

"If the likelihood of death rises, at any juncture, amidst our daily exercise I assure you the matter will be attended to," Viridian interrupted just loudly enough that it would be heard over whatever answer Aaron might make, though not so loud as to be considered shouting. She took three steps from where she had stood before, deliberately putting herself between Aaron and his sister before continuing, "I confess however that the Elariel practice to fret in regard to physical betterment is puzzling. Your father approached earlier under similar pretense. I assure you Aaron is not frail."

There was no deliberate threat in either her vocal or body language though the intention of putting herself between the siblings was as clear as she was capable of conveying. Daerra Elariel was a dangerous woman, sibling or not. The woman had a calculating mind and the drive to put that to use. Vie had witnessed the that cunning at work a hundred times over and had experienced something similar to a closeness with Daerra because of it.

It was not a friendly feeling of respect as Viridian was unable to identify in so intimate a way. She was unable to bond with Daerra whether the woman was worthy or unworthy of such a bond, however between them she did recognize an affinity. Daerra was a manipulator. Daerra was perpetually seeking for improvement, forever desiring advancement... to the detriment of most who stumbled into her path. Daerra was an example by which Vie had so far failed to emulate. Viridian considered herself a driven creature. Daerra had drive and motive in equal measure.

It was that self serving quality in Daerra, that put Aaron at risk of her. No affinity between the women elevated Dearra beyond an acceptance of purpose as Viridian had undertaken. Aaron was her anchor at this juncture. It was her place to defend him from harm, both physical and otherwise. She thought it unlikely that those who had set her to task could properly comprehend her psychological drive to do as she was employed any more than she could understand their emotional concern toward the protection of a loved one.

"Unfortunately I am unable to comply with your request," Vie informed her 'friend' of many years, "I respectfully ask that Lord Aaron be undisturbed amidst the duration of these exercises as they may prove the difference between his life and his death." She tilted her body so as to include her brother in the conversation, "If my charge so wishes, and you have appointment, you may convene at Lord Aaron's convenience upon the conclusion of our morning practices."

Edited by Viridian Demesne, 10 February 2012 - 11:49 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users