The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
» Forum Rules
» The Story Thus Far
» Character Application
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Character System Guide
» Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
» The Three Metallic Arts
» Guide to the Final Empire
» Map of Luthadel
» The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
» Introduce Yourself
» Universal Continuity Thread
» The Timeline
» Adoptable Characters
» Wanted Characters
» Face Registry
» Open Threads List

Mistborn Series © Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Waiting

W2 D1 EV Khaelys Klyde Zincell

37 replies to this topic

#21 Khaelys

Skaa

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:21 AM

Khaelys grinned. Maybe he was just letting his mind go, but Klyde had something about this girl. Deeper than he was letting on.

Khaelys took another sip from his drink. The group was forming. They had the brain, Klyde, the fist, Khaelys, the eyes, and the ears... Cassi? Hadn't Khaelys heard that name before? Granted, the name was fairly common among skaa, but then why was it so familiar?

And, most importantly, the had an objective. But what they were lacking was a plan. "Klyde. I know its bad when I am the one saying this but... this is dangerous.There is a good chance of both of us having our bodies dumped into the river while our heads are still fresh, bleeding into a sewer. So, were gonna need a few more people than what we've got. Tell me, do you know any Allomancers. We are definitely going to need thugs, tineyes, and perhaps lurchers. And definitely a smoker. And were gonna need weapons. If we're gonna do this, were doing this right, and to do it right, we need men. Do you know anybody like that?"
user posted image

#22 Klyde

• Crewleader

Looking Good in Red
  • Age31

• Relationship StatusSeparated / It's Complicated

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:45 AM

Klyde rolled his eyes. "What do you think I'm doing here, kid? Of course we need a crew." Now they came to the difficult part. Klyde knew lots of half breed allomancers, and all kinds of other undergrounders whose skills could be useful in this sort of operation. The problem was, most of them hated his guts, and for all he knew, the ones who still liked him could be dead by now. The average life expectancy for a thief, especially one with allomancy, wasn't long. The Inquisitors seemed to find them all in the end.

"I might know a few people," he admitted. "Again, the problem is finding them, and convincing them to join. I've made my share of enemies here in Luthadel. First, we start with Cassi, and this mole I've hired her to find. Once we get an ear gathering info from the nobility, we can start building out team, tailoring it to the job we want to pull. We can't start blind, so eyes and ears are going to be of utmost importance."

#23 Khaelys

Skaa

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

Khaelys sighed. He now came to the worst part of the plan. Waiting. Khaelys didn't know what it was, but depending on anyone else, even for when they show up, did not suit him well. So, he did what he always did. He talked.

"So, Klyde. You strike me as the rough and tumble sort of guy. The one who is constantly getting himself in and out of trouble. It takes one to know one, and I definately know one. But I can tell that you aren't all you seem to be. You know what I think. I think you've got something going on with this Cassi. Or perhaps this mole of yours." Khaelys cringed on the inside. It was bad to get to close to your... co-workers. But Khaelys couldn't help himself. That was who he was.
user posted image

#24 Klyde

• Crewleader

Looking Good in Red
  • Age31

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:02 AM

Klyde's face darkened. "Listen kid. If I wanted to be analyzed I'd be in trouble, because you aren't any sort of psychologist and I don't feel like finding one. You can keep your little musings to yourself, got it? When I run a crew, we're all about business. If you want to make friends, I suggest you hop a barge down the canals to a place that's not covered in ash and full of people who want to kill you."

Klyde shook his head. He was getting too angry, and over some stupid comment. Focus he told himself. He had to stay alert. He was calm, cool. "Anyways, you've got nothing to worry about. This Cassi character... let's just say I'd rather share a meal with a mist-wraith. They're less likely to stab you, and probably have better table manners. It's strictly business kid. Strictly business."

#25 Khaelys

Skaa

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

While Khaelys' face remained stern, he smiled on the inside. But while it was true that he shouldn't make Klyde angry, he underestimated him. Khaelys saw people, he could find what made him tick. Being a felon did that to you. However, being attacked by the person who you were analyzing tended to be a side effect. So, Khaelys let it drop.

He needed to get back to buisness. Talking to Cassi had to be his first priority. "So... when are we meeting this Cassi?"
user posted image

#26 Klyde

• Crewleader

Looking Good in Red
  • Age31

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:57 AM

Klyde leaned back on his chair and peeked out the window. The light was fading fast, and the mists were thickening.

"We should probably head out there now," he said, still not certain if he could trust Khaelys. "We'll head out, and you can watch the alley. I don't want to be disturbed until I get the information I need. This Cassi is kind of flighty, and if anyone besides me gets close, I'm scared she bolt." Klyde finished off his wine and licked his lips. "You should probably lay off the allomancy too. We don't have a smoker, and around an informant, you can never be too careful. The really observant one's can piece together if someone is burning or not even without a seeker."

#27 Khaelys

Skaa

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:18 AM

Khaelys frowned. This is a team, Khaelys. You need to know how to lay low, and not have to do everything. However, relying upon someone else always got his ire up. So he stood up and said "I guess you're right. Well, if we're leaving, lets go." Khaelys dropped a couple of coins on the table. The last of his. Klyde had come just in time. Otherwise, Khaelys would have had to kill another human being, for the metal in their purse.

Khaelys burst out of the door before his... friend had even gotten up. He needed fresh air. Or, perhaps it was the mists. They invited him, clothed him, and housed him. He belonged in the mists. He sat outside and waited for Klyde to come out of the building.
user posted image

#28 Klyde

• Crewleader

Looking Good in Red
  • Age31

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

When Khaelys frowned, Klyde began to worry. What was the kid thinking now? His response seemed reasonable enough, but the way he stormed out was confusing to say the least. Klyde felt his temper raise slightly. Who did that kid think he was? Storming out that way? Some lord of the manor? Klyde calmed himself down. Likely Khaelys was going through a lot, and their conversation had probably given him a lot to think about. He also had to remember the kid was only fifteen. Klyde had made all sorts of bad decisions that made no sense at that age. In fact, he still was making them.

When he joined Khaelys outside, he did his best to pretend like nothing had happened. "All right. Let's get moving."

#29 Khaelys

Skaa

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Khaelys stood outside, far more angry than he should have been. Why do I get like this? Im not an adolescent noble girl. I'm better than this.
Klyde didn't trust Khaelys. That much was obvious. I need to realize that not every crew is like Daulin's. Not everyone is as trusting as him But where did he end up? Dead in the gutter just like everyone else. Perhaps it was a better to be distrustful. It seemed to make one live longer.

"Klyde, how good is this Cassi at seeing things?" Khaelys had an idea.
user posted image

#30 Klyde

• Crewleader

Looking Good in Red
  • Age31

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:59 AM

Klyde wasn't sure if he liked the look on Khaelys's face, but he answered anyways. Right then, he didn't see what it could hurt. He hoped he wasn't walking into some sort of trap.

"You don't get far in her business without being observant, and she's one of the best. Dangerous too. I would hesitate to pull a fast one with her."

#31 Khaelys

Skaa

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

"Well, I will save that for later then." Khaelys pulled out a vial of metals. "But just in case..."

Khaelys downed the metals. He felt at his reserves, just to see if it was all there. A bad habit of his. "I'll follow you. Talk loud so I can see you. If you need me, Ill be right over your head."

And with that, Khaelys dropped a coin, and shot off into the mists.
user posted image

#32 Zincell

Skaa

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:58 AM

Zincell drank water in a Luthadel bar filling her pewterminds, her goldminds, her ironminds and her tinminds for smell, and touch. Part of her missed the Terris Dominance. She swallowed a sip of water, and coughed. She missed the mountains, and the caves, even if she'd never been allowed to go there. Zincell coughed again, this time more quietly. She'd already filled one of the goldminds she had on her, just one more to go and she could start on another set. She missed the smell of the air, the occasional snowfall. She sighed.

But she couldn't very well just go back to Terris, with her adventure of failing to survive to be laughed at. She had to last longer in the capital. She could do it. Maybe.

Hopefully.

She forced the doubts away. She would survive in Luthadel long enough to earn money, or she would die in Luthadel... Well that was comforting. Even more so with the immense variety of criminals in the area, and the ubiquity of death. If it was too much after a few months, she should just head south and go see the islands. Zincell started filling her steelmind slightly, and slowed.

Coughing while filling a steelmind was a very strange experience, but it was a much more quiet one as well. She needed a job. She'd thought about actually getting a job with a merchant skaa of some sort or another, but wasn't sure how one went about to do that. Maybe she could join the skaa rebellion. She rose a slow ash-coated hand with a napkin on it and wiped her nose.

Many of her siblings had told her of Luthadel's balls, it's large buildings and keeps. They'd spent hours going on and on about Kredik Shaw, and the inquisitors, and the thieves, and the allomancers, and the politicking, and the carriages.

Not one of them had bothered to mention the ash.

Her clothes, plain men's clothes because those were the cheapest she could buy, were covered in a not quite thin layer of ash. She didn't have enough money to buy the proper soaps to clean it up. Her hair, cut short months before, now reaching her shoulders and messy because of a lack of care, also had ash in it. It wasn't that Terris didn't get ash, but Luthadel took it to new levels. She probably didn't have enough money for two weeks in a hotel. Not that she'd use a hotel in her current circumstances, that'd just be wasteful. She could just as well sleep with her coat for a blanket in a roof covered in ash somewhere.

What little boxings she had seemed a pittance compared to what had been used to buy the stewardess robes now hidden in her bag, to protect them from the ash and general filth around the less respectable areas in Luthadel. Nothing compared to what she'd taken from the house of her dead master. Yet, she realized that by skaa standards, this was a fortune. In the eyes of the beggars, this was more money than they would see in a month, maybe a year.

Zincell had never realized just how much she had before getting to Luthadel, or how little. She sighed and slouched. After coughing again, she cleared her throat quietly. This was what happened when she filled her goldminds at high rates, she got sick. Still, she'd emptied quite a few of them in the journey to Luthadel and she had to fill them up again. Something she didn't mind as much as other Feruchemists would.

She liked the feeling her metalminds gave her. Being in control, being able to choose how strong or weak she could be, how fast or slow, how healthy. Maybe that was why she was always filling or tapping them. That amount of freedom, of choice and power, that was what had enabled her to get to where she was. With freedom came responsibility, and having to deal with the consequences of her actions, something that in this case meant getting sick. Something that in itself could prove useful.

Obviously a bargain.

Zincell started looking around to see if there were any good oportunities waiting for her to snatch them. She'd decided to experience Luthadel, and there was no point in backing out now before she'd done anything. She was sure to hear something in a place like this. Skaa were incurable gossips.

There were a couple men not too far from her talking about something that sounded interesting. There was a younger, shorter man that looked angry, and there was an older, taller man that looked tired and fed up with everything. She didn't want to do anything illegal, not yet anyway, but listening couldn't hurt, could it?

Well, it could. In fact, this being Luthadel and all, listening could probably kill, or seriously injure. But her curiosity got the better of her in these situations.

She'd heard a lot about Luthadel thieving crews, and at the same time, she knew so little about them. The older man jabbed his thumb toward the other, and back at himself. The fact that she only had what she considered a pittance left and that she didn't know anyone inside of Luthadel was also a weighty factor in her consideration of taking illegal action.

They were still talking, though with the noise Zincell couldn't quite make out their words. It was obvious they were planning something, the question was whether or not it would be profitable and whether or not they would have her.

A feruchemist could be of use, right? If anything they could use her to pretend to be a stewardess, or to carry heavy loads, or carry packages from one place to the other fast. Or to pretend to be a stewardess that went around carrying heavy loads from on place to the other fast. Finally a group of men and women near her stared to quiet down and she managed to understand something.

"What do you think I'm doing here, kid? Of course we need a crew. I might know a few people. Again, the problem is finding them, and convincing them to join. I've made my share of enemies here in Luthadel. First, we start with Cassi, and this mole I've hired her to find. Once we get an ear gathering info from the nobility, we can start building out team, tailoring it to the job we want to pull. We can't start blind, so eyes and ears are going to be of utmost importance."

Well at least the other man seemed thoughtful. The crowd began to get loud again and distracted her. After hearing a bit on some nobleman and skaa beatings, she resolved that it was better to listen to the two men, and started tapping her hearing tinmind.

"We should probably head out there now," Said the older man. “We'll head out, and you can watch the alley. I don't want to be disturbed until I get the information I need. This Cassi is kind of flighty, and if anyone besides me gets close, I'm scared she bolt.” The man paused and finished his wine. “You should probably lay off the allomancy too. We don't have a smoker, and around an informant, you can never be too careful. The really observant one's can piece together if someone is burning or not even without a seeker."

The young one, an allomancer apparently, stood up and said "I guess you're right. Well, if we're leaving, lets go." And he went out the door in a hurry. The older man also left, following the younger one while looking a bit troubled.

Zincell stopped filling her touch tinmind and started tapping it. She felt the bandages on her arms and legs. Zincell didn't need to tap her tinminds to feel the bandages properly, but the tinmind was nearly full and she needed to empty it a bit. Unlike many Feruchemists, who thought weakening themselves in one way or another was just the price you paid to be able to become stronger later on, Zincell thought different. The many months in the streets had taught her just how useful filling her metalminds was. The ability to deafen one's sences at will was underestimated by most feruchemists she'd met, and the ability to grow cooler at will wasn't even thought about.

She would have used large gloves, but all the ones she could find were expensive gloves made out of fine materials, or gentlemanly gloves used for dueling and the like. Neither kind was thick enough, or long reaching enough to hide Zincell's metalminds. The gloves were also quite expensive in these parts. And the bandages doubled as useful for first aid if she needed to help someone with a wound. Something she hoped she wouldn't need to do.

Zincell left the bar as well, with all her possessions in her case, just in time to see the younger man drop a coin, and shoot off into the sky. She started to walk away on the direction opposite to where the older man was walking toward. Zincell stopped filling her goldmind as drastically; whenever she did that while tapping tin for touch everything tended to hurt. She had to learn more about them before she just offered her services. These were criminals after all, if she wasn't careful they could just kill her and take her metalminds to sell them for a fraction of their value.

Turning toward an alley, Zincell sat down besides her case and felt the bandages she had around her arms and parts of her legs, making sure there weren't spaces around that showed her metalminds again. Her steelminds finished filling up, and she started to move without that unnatural slowness that came with filling steel.

Of course, there was another reason for the bandages. In the previous months she'd been moving from the outskirts of the Western Dominance, to the central dominance, and even though she had thought she was careful, only going through small villages, or plantations, she'd still heard a rumor about a “A stranger girl covered in jewelry who would give to the skaa”, or something similar from a western street gang.

One of the causes for the lack of money was that... well she had been donating to beggars a bit too much for her own good. In fact, going around giving had made up most of her travel expenses, since she didn't have much clothing and rationed her food well. Something that had obviously stolen her a bit of the anonymity she used to use to be able to get around.

She wasn't a about to take out her metalminds and put them in her case, they would take up too much space, and she would probably need them in a city as violent as Luthadel. There was also the fact that she'd loose that sense of freedom she loved, of power, of control. So bandages it was.

The mists were thickening. Zincell stopped tapping tin, and started tapping brass, she thought the mists looked beautiful, but they were still cold.

Edited by Thoughtful Spurts, 26 November 2011 - 08:49 PM.

user posted image

#33 Klyde

• Crewleader

Looking Good in Red
  • Age31

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

Klyde was making his way towards his meeting point while trying to keep track of Khaelys. His young companion was lost in the mist, and the only way he could keep track of him was the soft 'plink' every few moments as a coin hit the ground to be utilized for jumping. Listening intently as he was, suddenly, Klyde thought he sensed a different sound. Whoever it was was moving carefully, but he was certain he heard the slight scuff of a shoe moving over uneven ground. Not wanting to give anything away, Klyde continued walking, but tensed his arm slightly, ready to summon a knife from his sleeve.

Perhaps he hadn't heard anything. His upcoming encounter with Cassi was making him nervous. Jumpy. The wine hadn't been enough to take any of the edge off, unfortunately. That was probably a good thing though. Klyde had let himself go soft in his travels. There were places in the empire where skaa could grow rich and look lesser nobles in the eye when they met on the street. Not here. This was Luthadel, where the simple act of living as a skaa could warrant a death sentence. He had to relearn the constant vigilance that had kept him alive the first seventeen years of his life.

There it was again. He wasn't imagining things. Someone was following him. Keeping his posture relaxed but for his arm, Klyde tried his best to give no impression he knew anyone was behind him. When an opportune corner came up, he took it, walking into a smaller side alley. He hoped Khaelys was still with him, just in case he needed back-up.

Hold on... Klyde's eyes widened slightly. Could Khaelys have been sent to kill him? What if the bar had been a ruse to waste time, during which more crew members could be gathered? Right now they could be closing in on him, cutting off every hope of escape. Klyde felt himself begin to sweat. Back in the day, he would never have left the bar with someone he barely knew. His circumstances were making him desperate. He needed to get a crew together and fast. He was going crazy on his own.

He was left with two options. He could keep walking and wait for the knife in his back, or he could challenge whoever it was here and now. Khaelys at least was an allomancer. With his ability to push on any source of metals, Klyde didn't think he could take the boy, but he knew Luthadel well enough that he might be able to escape him. However, if there were more allomancers about, he might not stand a chance.

Turning, Klyde faced behind him, keeping his arm ready to release the knife from his sleeve and send it flying should he need it. It was a metal knife however, so if Khaelys confronted him, it might be better to drop the thing and run. If so, he'd need it ready anyways. His obsidian knife was strapped to the inside of his boot, where it was less likely to be shattered.

"I know you're there," he called softly into the night. The sky was almost completely dark now, and the mists were out in force, shrouding the alley in their beguiling tendrils. "Show yourself, and you might escape alive."

#34 Zincell

Skaa

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

Zincell sighed and started tapping brass at a slower rate. This was why she wasn't made for the underworld. She'd left her case hidden by some rubble near the bar, but apparently that wasn't enough. This was why she'd decided to stay away from big cities. She was nowhere near stealthy enough for the paranoid criminals of big cities' underworld. She could walk quietly, if she needed to, but a big part of her was bothered by the dishonesty of it. She could sneak around from people who would harm her, and do it well at that, but... She wasn't a predator, unlike the man before her, who was quite intimidating, what with the his hands tense as if he were about to get out a concealed weapon of some sort, and all.

She lifted her bandaged hands at around the level of her head, open, and walked in view of the man, showing she wasn't hiding anything. Well, she was hiding her metalminds, but she wasn't hiding anything with ill intent. She just didn't want to destroy the Synod by getting herself caught as a Feruchemist and being tortured until she gave up their secrets.

"I'm weaponless, and I mean no harm" She said, careful to keep her accent neutral. She didn't sound like a noble, or Terris, or a Skaa, and with any luck she wouldn't sound as nervous as she was. Zincell walked away from the corner, thinking it wiser to stay away from walls, should she need to run away from him really, really fast. She had two full steelminds and a full goldmind and a bit, so she wasn't in any real danger, but she still didn't want the experience. Zincell started tapping her tinmind for touch again, so she could fill it in case he stabbed her. The pain wasn't something she wanted to experience either.

"I heard you and your acquaintance talking about a job, and I wanted to ask about its nature. I could use the money." She explained, still speaking in a neutral, perfectly pronounced way, to try to cover up her fear. It seemed the opportunity to think more thoroughly about whether or not she wanted to break the law had passed her by.

"Though, if you don't want any more members in your crew, I'm fine with leaving you to your business"

Edited by Zincell, 21 November 2011 - 10:05 PM.

user posted image

#35 Klyde

• Crewleader

Looking Good in Red
  • Age31

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:11 AM

Ruler's ashes! If this slip of a girl had managed to eavesdrop on Khaelys and Klyde's conversation, who else would have? More importantly, how much had this girl managed to overhear? As a rule, Klyde didn't include useless mouths in his crew. Unless they had a pretty face of course. Klyde eyed the young woman in front of him appraisingly. She was pretty enough, he supposed, but a bit young, even for him. Besides, there was no disguising that she was no Delissia.

He had a decision to make. If she'd heard to much, the girl could ruin him by telling the wrong people if he sent her off. However, no matter how desperate he was to form a crew, he couldn't afford to let just anyone join. He needed people of the right sort. Too ambitious, and he might wake up with a knife in the back. Too cunning, and he could end up with a knife to his throat, making him a puppet while the perpetrator became the real crew leader. Too crazy and... well, there were a whole lot of places crazy could get you, but not many of them were good.

The girl didn't look like she was any of those things, but sweetness and naivete could get one killed in the underground just as quickly. Before he let her join, he needed to find out if she was capable of anything. He'd never been good with any accents besides those of the Luthadel skaa and nobility, so he couldn't place hers, but it he knew it wasn't one of the two he recognized. That meant she was a traveller of some kind. The wilderness of the Final Empire had it's own dangers, perhaps the girl was more competent than she seemed.

Slowly, Klyde slid his dagger back up his sleeve, but readied himself to produce the knife hidden in the other one. "All right," he said slowly. "What can you do? This isn't a charity operation, so I can't take just anyone. You caught me off guard though, so I figure that earns you a chance. I'll hear you out, but I don't have much time, so make it snappy." With his peripherals, Klyde searched the mists for Khaelys. For all he knew, this could still be a betrayal.

#36 Zincell

Skaa

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

Zincell sighed with relief as the man asked her what she could do, thankful he hadn't stabbed her, though he still looked like he might. She tried not to dwell on that. She could probably heal at least three serious stab wounds in no time, maybe five if she didn't tap too much for each. She straightened her back to prepare for a demonstration.

"Well sir, I'm rather proficient when regarding manners of speaking, I think. Years of practice and interest have honed the skill" She said with a natural stewardess Terris accent. "I am well learned in some academic areas, and familiar with proper high society etiquette and procedures." Now it was a noblewoman's accent. High society, with a hint of the west. The gestures she made were also appropriate to the accents she was imitating.

"I got good memory. And can clean and cook. Not one for fighting, but am stronger than I look. Faster too, by the by." She said lastly with a western Skaa accent, and slouching a bit with one hand in her pocket as she gave a half shrug.

"And I've survived on my own for a quite bit now, so I think that proves me at least vaguely competent, even by the standards of a man of your apparent experience." She came back to the more neutral accent, and her own posture and motions. She smiled as the man seemed at least somewhat impressed, though it was hard to tell with the lack of light.

Maybe something good would come from this.

Edited by Zincell, 23 November 2011 - 04:08 PM.

user posted image

#37 Klyde

• Crewleader

Looking Good in Red
  • Age31

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Klyde eyed the girl suspiciously, all the while searching for shadows in the mists. It could be she was sent out as some sort of distraction. Many of his enemies would know of Klyde's weakness for women. He still hadn't dismissed the notion that this was an elaborate trap.

Her ability to switch accents was good, he had to admit, though he was by no means an expert on such things. Fingers had always been better with hiring crew members and assessing their talents.

One of the accents, however, he was pretty sure a Terris one. That was odd. Terris stewards were difficult to imitate. They were very distinct, and most infiltrators chose to play nobles as the greater variety allowed for more leeway in personality creation. Klyde studied the girl intently. He'd never seen a Terriswoman before. They weren't entirely unheard of, but those he had heard of were older, having aged out of the breeding centers. He'd never heard any mention of a Terris girl being seen outside the breeding programs.

On the other hand, why the Terris accent? As a young woman, a Terris steward, even a female one, was not a role she would be suitable to play. So why learn the accent? It could be she knew many accents, and had learned to speak like a steward for the sake of being thorough, but that didn't quite fit either.

Klyde shook his head. He'd puzzle out the mystery later. Right now, he had an appointment to get to.

"Very well," he said slowly. "You can come with us for now. Just be quiet and follow orders. When all this is done we'll figure out what to do with you." He had to remind himself how much the girl knew. He needed to keep her around and in sight until he could make sure there was no funny business afoot.

"Let's go."

#38 Zincell

Skaa

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

Zincell nodded in agreement. Maybe she would do better in the underground than she thought.

She put her hands comfortably in her pockets, and walked up to the man with a smile on her face, walking beside him quietly. She couldn't walk in front of him because she didn't know where this Cassi person was, and walking behind him would just get him paranoid. Of course, walking near him would make it easier for him to stab her, but she had enough gold saved up, and was filling her goldmind at a slow rate at the moment anyway.

She didn't need to worry about that.

Edited by Thoughtful Spurts, 26 November 2011 - 04:34 PM.

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users