The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

IC-Question

192 replies to this topic

#181 Gervais Lekal

• A monkey's uncle

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age36

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Yes.

I'd think it was obvious?

#182 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

Yes, which is why I asked. Things - and people - are rarely exactly what they seem, after all.

Wouldn't you rather look a little deeper?

Posted Image

#183 Winston Elariel

• Elariel Spy

Steward in Training
  • Age18

• OriginTremredare

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

OOC - Dangit, I missed Borb...

Winston as the ever socially aware young man decided to step into the silence of time. "Depth is a matter of perception Lady Lucille; as well as the levels that a person is looking at. Looking deeper for most people takes time, consideration, and patience. Something that your prior company appears to be severely lacking in."

"How deep would you look?"

#184 Ulrich Venture

• Mistborn in Training

Prelan
  • Age15

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

"Into the very depths of their soul!" He said grandly, one finger held to the heavens, "I'd see every hidden secret they have, and once uncovered I would- would..." He trailed off, trying desperately to think of something to do with their secrets.

"What he means," Said his father, laying a hand on his shoulder and when Ulrich looked he was rolling his eyes, "Is that he'd stare at someone until they got uncomfortable and left and count that as 'looking deeply'."

"Now before my son asks some nonsense question, I will ask my own, do you have children? If not, do you want them, and if so, how many?"

#185 Gisela Sureau

Posse Member
  • Age45

• Relationship StatusMarried

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:44 PM

"I only have one child, and considering how much trouble I have keeping Belle from doing something stupid with her cousin, I think one child is all I need." Gisela said with a smile.

"Mama! You know that I would never do anything so stupid that it ruins my reputation." Isabelle said indignantly. "I have been thinking recently, and so I am going to hijack my mother's question. I apologize, mama, but my uncle set a bad example." She grinned and then continued. "Women's shirts get in the way of dueling, so why is it so bad for women to wear normal shirts when dueling? I do believe topless dueling would be terribly inconvenient, but normal shirts would not be that much of a stretch."

#186 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

Women's shirts are normal shirts, silly; they're just cut for women instead of men. As for the style of most women's shirts, I agree that they're quite inconvenient. Which is why I have my own dueling shirts tailored for me. Not that anyone sees them; I'm not allowed to go out wearing them. But they're quite nice. If you're interested in dueling, perhaps I could show you!

Are you interested in dueling?

Posted Image

#187 Adala Venture

• Hopeless Romantic

Prelan
  • Age23

• OriginUrteau

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Is there a word stronger than: 'Yes. Yes I am. Please show me.'? Because if there is I would like to know... Aldric don't glare like that you'll scare her off.

Anyways, Lucille, how did you flip Aldwin Tekiel into the fountain at the Casuana ball? I simply must know. Is there some sort of trick to it? You're so much smaller than he is...

#188 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

Oh, it was quite simple, really! You see, the shoulder can support an amazing amount of weight, so all I had to do was let momentum and gravity do all the work! At least, that's what my instructor says, but he's much better at science than I am.

You there, why are you looking at us like that? Haven't you ever seen two women talking about throwing people over our shoulders before? Would you like me to show you how it's done?

Posted Image

#189 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

• OriginCalomine Plantation, Southern Dominance

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:22 AM

Talyn raised his hands warily.

"No, no. I'm fine. I just can imagine my cousin doing the same thing. Really, I'm surprised she's not here discussing this with you. However, I'm more just disappointed I missed this scene. I wasn't in town yet. No matter. Maybe there'll be a next time. Just so long as it's not me... Though... Is it odd to be just slightly curious about what it would be like?"

#190 Winston Elariel

• Elariel Spy

Steward in Training
  • Age18

• OriginTremredare

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

"Being flipped by a woman is much like being flipped by a man. Neither experience is especially pleasant. Simply being flipped by a woman, typically due to the generally smaller stature, is a smaller distance that you will fall, although possibly you will have greater acceleration due to the more compact stature."

"As a matter of example let us supposed that your cousin Lady Zella, Lady Lucille, and Lady Adala were to each take turns flipping you."

"Your dear cousin Lady Zella is perhaps the shortest of the three, although by what margin I am unaware as I have yet to meet her in person and study her figure at a close enough range to make appropriate approximations. Because she has the smaller frame when she tucks her shoulder to flip you it is easier for her to flip you. Your center mass will more easily align with her shoulder and again because of her smaller stature the distance that she needs to move to flip you is smaller. The force of impact will be sharper due to the greater acceleration. Although the amount of force that she can put into it will likely be less because she can not generate as much force to propel you."

"Lady Lucille, who I have had the pleasure of meeting whilst attending Lord Aaron would also have a very easy time flipping someone of your stature Lord Talyn. Because she is taller than Lady Zella, she will be able to generate greater force between the increase in height, although she will lost some force due to the decrease in acceleration."

"Lady Adala on the other hand would possibly be the most painful person to be flipped by, at least amongst the sample size that I mentioned previously. Her own height is more similar to your own, and depending on how far down she crouches when she flips you it will again alter the force of impact."

"Whether or not your thoughts concerning this matter is odd I haven't the slightest as I have been informed that I am a quandary in of myself. I think it better to simply avoid situations that would give anyone cause to flip you."

Winston paused and assessed the ladies expressions, "Have I said something to offend you? If so it was not my intent. I simply wanted to expand upon the science afore to mentioned, or more explicitly physics, although it is not my area of expertise. I do believe that I was very conscious about not mentioning a lady's weight which I have been informed is a matter that should not be mentioned in polite conversation, although whether or not this is polite conversation I am currently unsure."

#191 Zella Calomine

• Noble Tineye

Posse Member
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusIn a secret affair

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

*laughs* I am not offended in the slightest. In fact, it is quite nice to know how easily I could flip my cousin.

Shall we try it sometime, Talyn?

#192 Talyn Calomine

• Noble Soother

Acolyte
  • Age19

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:52 AM

"Ah, right... Well... I seriously doubt that if you wanted to flip me over your shoulder, that there would be anything that I'd be able to do about it. Short of... you know. Though with... Hmm. No, there wouldn't be anything I'd be able to do about it. I really do not like that glint you've got in your eye right now..." Talyn sighed. "Why did I agree to train with you. I should have know this would end badly. Fine, do what ever you want."

Talyn turned to Winston. "Lord Winston, I don't believe we've properly met before. It's good to meet you, though I'm afraid of what's going to happen to me now that 'dearest cousin Zella' has the idea in her head that it would be fun to flip me over her shoulder." He smiled. "I won't hold that against you though. Though I've already foolishly put my self in a position where Zella can quite justifiably flip me over her shoulder whenever she pleases..."

Returning to a more serious tone, Talyn continued. "So, the science's interest you? Maybe we can talk further at a later stage. I've not always had the time for reading or study, but science has always been an area of some interest."

Talyn paused, then turned to address the larger group. "Hmm. I guess I shouldn't ramble for too long, and I guess you want me to pass the baton by asking a question. Do give me a few seconds if you don't mind." Another pause. "The first question that popped into my head really wouldn't be quite like me to ask, so maybe we'll save that for later. For now though, I will ask this. I heard rumors of the existence of a Luthadel Book Club, but could find no evidence at all to back up these claims. Can anyone here clear up this mystery?"

Edited by Haelbarde, 23 April 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#193 Josua Getrue

• Noble Tineye

Acolyte
  • Age18

• OriginKlessium

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:06 AM

"By the look on everyone's faces and the long awkward silence, you shouldn't need to be an allomancer to realize that was the wrong question to ask."

Jos had only just arrived. Like usually, Ada had left without him, making him late, again.

"Beg my pardon if this has already been the topic of conversation, but would anyone like to duel? I've not had the chance to meet most of you yet, and I find that a friendly bout is a great way to learn about someone."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users