The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

-Waves-

10 replies to this topic

#1 Sabine Vesta

Skaa

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:50 AM

Hiya, I'm Sabine. I have been RPing for some time now, about 5 years. I love fantasy! I own an AU HP site but just got into the Mistborn series. This lovely site was recommended to me by Jess. Not much more to say...back to my app. :D
user posted image

#2 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:09 AM

Hey there, and welcome! It's good to see more new people joining the site! :D Jess told me you were thinking of joining, and I've been really looking forward to seeing you around.

Also, I couldn't help but notice you're using a slightly out-of-date application. Has Jess told you about our multi-account feature at all?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Sabine Vesta

Skaa

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:51 AM

Oh, no...I will get the new application and repost. I had started this application quite some time ago.
user posted image

#4 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

Welcome Welcome Welcome! I will read your character first chance I get. Right now, I am tired and should probs be in bed.

Posted Image

#5 Sabine Vesta

Skaa

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

Take your time. =)
user posted image

#6 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Oh, it's mostly identical, as I'm sure you've figured out by now. The reason that we've updated it is we have a nifty feature that allows people to link accounts. I plan on making a really nice explanatory post with screencaps and everything, but I haven't done it yet, so I'm afraid you'll just have to settle for my rambling. ;)

Basically, the way it works is that there are two types of accounts: Out-of-Character Accounts and Character Accounts. Each person gets one OoC account (like the one I'm posting from now) and one account for each of the characters they play. Then, once an admin has enabled these accounts to link, you can send a link request from your OoC account to your character account. Log into the character account, accept the request, and voila! Your accounts are linked! Now, when you log in to your OoC account, on the post screen you can choose which account you want to post from. No more relogging every time you want to post as a different character! :D You can also edit and delete posts made by any of your linked character accounts from your OoC account, so no relogging is necessary if you actually post from the wrong account (and pretty much everyone does, at some point; I know I have). Please note, however, that you can only have one active request at a time. If you send out more than one without accepting them in between, all requests but the most recent will get an error.

So there you have it. Basically, the only change we made to the application is inserting a place for character submissions to list the member's OoC account. It's just another way of keeping track of who's who on the forums.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Sabine Vesta

Skaa

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

I think I will stick to one charrie for some time. I love the books and Jess, but I own another site and would not be able to handle much more than one. =)

By the way, from one admins to another, how on earth did you get the account link feature? I LOVE it!

Edited by Sabine Vesta, 17 October 2011 - 07:20 PM.

user posted image

#8 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

It's a database mod, actually. Basically, through some eldritch coding magic, we can establish a link between different accounts, so when the forum recognizes me as being logged in as Camille, it also gives me posting access to the other accounts as well. Or something like that, anyways. I don't know exactly how it works, but I know it has something to do with the tables that store account information. We got the base mod from Invisionize, and then Chaos improved on it by adding the edit/delete functionalities, as well as a few other tweaks to make it look and work better.

Unfortunately, because this is a database mod, it can only be used on self-hosted forums. This site, for example, is hosted on 17th Shard webspace, but forums hosted by hosting sites such as InvisionFree or ProBoards can't use this mod, as those companies don't let customers edit the databases.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Sabine Vesta

Skaa

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the info! =D
user posted image

#10 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

And more welcome from me! :D I'm getting late to the party and I'm the one who invited you...oops.

I am really looking forwards to writing with you again! :D This is gonna be fun! <3
user posted image

#11 Mosh

Skaa

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

Well, now you're just fashionably late, Jess! For I have arrived to be more tardy than you!

Harro. I'm Mosh. Clearly. I bring you the gifts of hugs and insanity! *hug!*

AU RPs are fun, I moderated on a few myself!

Anyway, if you're Jess's friend, I'm sure you're an awesome person, so I look forward to seeing you around the board! :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users