The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
» Forum Rules
» The Story Thus Far
» Character Application
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Character System Guide
» Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
» The Three Metallic Arts
» Guide to the Final Empire
» Map of Luthadel
» The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
» Introduce Yourself
» Universal Continuity Thread
» The Timeline
» Adoptable Characters
» Wanted Characters
» Face Registry
» Open Threads List

Mistborn Series © Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Morning Amusements

22 replies to this topic

#21 Gervais Lekal

• A monkey's uncle

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age36

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

"Here's where we get to the fun part." Gervais leaned forwards slightly, raising her chin with the shaft of his dueling-cane. "For someone like you, I am essentially untouchable." He laughed harshly in her face. "Lekal, dear, is a Great House. The way things work in the Final Empire, we do whatever the hell we want to." The actions of his dearly beloved late father, and of his brother, stood as enough testament to that. "Your House could be blotted out of existence tomorrow. You can whine about it as much as you want; there's nothing you can do to change that."

The pressure on the cane increased, for a gentle reminder that he could push her back if he wanted, that the edge of the cliff was still waiting just behind her. "Insult my family just as you please. Feel free to speculate about any of them, in fact, I invite you to do it. Your words are meaningless. They might hurt if I cared to defend the Lekals, if they mattered to me in the slightest. But I only despise them as much as anyone else in the Final Empire," he said softly, almost delicately. "I make use of the power the name gives me, of course, because it provides for such amusement at times."

All of his venomous rage was buried underneath his own cold smile as he stared directly into her eyes. "You are helpless here until I choose to let you go."

He smiled wider. "In other words, Sabine," he pronounced her name like an insult - as it was, of course, to say it with the casual familiarity one might use towards a servant, "you'll have to persuade me to do it."

"I might decide to take pity on you," he added, "if you say please."

#22 Sabine Vesta

Skaa

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Sabine grabbed the end of the cane and pushed it away, her hazel eyes blazed in anger, “Do not underestimate me, sir.” She warned, practically shaking in fear but hiding every bit of it. Sabine was no powder puff and could and had certainly hold her own. His strength might have been superior, but her anger at his unspoken threat pushed this logic away.

She searched in her mind for anything on her person that could be considered a weapon and remembered some stones she pulled off the beach because they were pretty. Grabbing them out of her pocket, she began to fling them at Gervais, one by one as she spoke, “I would only say please to a gentleman. You are certainly not one, not with your threats and bad manners. My name is Ms. Vesta, never dare call me by my first name again unless you intend to marry me. Then, of course I would simply laugh in your face. No woman could love you, not even your mother. How disappointed she and your father must be to have such a cad for a son. Hopefully, they’re dead to avoid such embarrassment.”

“Now, get out of my way or you shall meet my knife. I carry it always for protection.” She threatened herself, trying to make him move without further violence, especially towards her.
user posted image

#23 Gervais Lekal

• A monkey's uncle

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age36

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Gervais' lips fluttered upwards for a moment, almost baring his teeth at her while he continued to smile. What would he want with some woman's worthless love? He had no desire for physical gratification, and the remainder was idiotic delusion. He did not flinch as she threw the small stones at him; he only moved when one was too close to striking his face. His free hand snapped up to catch it out of the air, and then he tossed it over his shoulder.

"Oh, Sabine, my dear," Gervais said softly, giving the name a particular emphasis, "you and your vaunted knife are no threat to me whatsoever." She did not even have a knife on her; he would have been able to sense the metal. Unless she was carrying an obsidian blade, which was doubtful, and he could still handle her even if she did. "You are untrained. It is plain to the eye in your carriage and stance. You're no fighter, just a little girl. You can attempt to insult and threaten me, but in the end there is nothing you can do to stop me."

"You will ask me politely, or I will not let you go. It's quite simple, Sabine; just one word."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users