The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
» Forum Rules
» The Story Thus Far
» Character Application
» Frequently Asked Questions
» Character System Guide
» Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
» The Three Metallic Arts
» Guide to the Final Empire
» Map of Luthadel
» The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
» Introduce Yourself
» Universal Continuity Thread
» The Timeline
» Adoptable Characters
» Wanted Characters
» Face Registry
» Open Threads List

Mistborn Series © Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Relaxing

Closed W2 D3 EA Riordan Casuana Nadia Sureau

11 replies to this topic

#1 Riordan Casuana

• Luthadel's Finest Playboy

High House Noble
  • Age24

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginAustrex

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:26 AM

After leaving Etienne to his own devices--which was most certainly an unwise thing to do--Riordan made his way to the Silver Quarter. Why had Daerra made him so anxious? Or perhaps it wasn’t Daerra, but everything else that had happened in the past week.

He shook his head. He needed to relax, for real this time. He was not going to be interrupted by an evil Elariel today. He was going to enjoy himself!

Riordan didn’t bother with guards. The Silver Quarter was, undoubtedly, the safest area in Luthadel, and Keep Casuana was right in the middle of it. Maybe skaa could hide in the night, when the mists were out, to attack Casuana, but in the daylight, it was a bastion of the strength of the nobility. Or it would be, once the Keep was repaired.

Alongside Ahlstrom Square were some shops, and Riordan bought himself a mug of ale before heading into the Square to relax. Outside of the keeps, Ahlstrom Square was probably the most beautiful places he had ever seen. There was beauty with girls, but a place had a different kind of beauty. People held beauty for the way they moved, the way they held themselves. A place, however, had nothing like that. It was beauty in stasis. And the arrangements of plants here, with their almost metallic colors, made Riordan feel tingly inside. He took a bench near the center of the square and plopped down.

Kavesh wouldn’t approve of me just lounging around, Riordan thought, casting his eyes to the ground. He stared at the stonework. He’d want me to do something better.

But then, it isn’t as though he could stop me now, huh. He took a sip of his ale. Maybe Riordan was imagining things, but nothing seemed to taste good any longer. Everything felt dead. That probably meant he needed more ale.

So, he stared at the pretty noblewomen in the square. Some he recognized, some he didn’t. Everyone seemed to ignore him, which was fine. Girls led to issues. Fun for a while, but was that worth the crash afterwards?

He thought of Mia. She seemed to be getting even worse. Couldn’t Riordan do anything to help her?

Stop thinking, Riordan thought. Don’t think about the ball, don’t think about Kavesh. It’s done. Just enjoy the alcohol and the scenery.

So he continued to watch people. He wasn’t sure if it was the fact Luthadel noblewomen tried so hard to look pretty, or if they were naturally pretty, but once a gorgeous young woman in a blue dress passed him, Riordan was too enamored to care. He took another drink.

Ah. That was much better--thinking was only good when it was applied to distant things, like geology, astronomy, or philosophy. Examining one’s self only led to dark places. The girl didn’t so much glance at him. That was fine. More distance was probably better for Riordan.

“Lord Casuana.”

Riordan snapped out of his reverie, turning to the right. There before him was a cute noblewoman with short, blonde hair, and adorable dimples: Jocelyn Marsh. Unsurprisingly, she wore a pink dress, and fortunately, Luthadel’s ash came in handy, darkening the dress so Riordan didn’t need to gouge his eyes out. Though the color was horrifying, Riordan couldn’t deny the truly amazing things the dress did to her features.

“Hello there,” Riordan said with a bow. “How do you do, Lady Marsh?”

She frowned. "Not very well, Lord Casuana."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Piles of ash you're sorry!"

Riordan cringed. He had never known Jocelyn Marsh to make an outburst like that. She glared at him, but he just shrugged, which seemed to infuriate her more.

"Are you enjoying your drink?" Jocelyn said carefully, reserved.

"Um, yes?"

"I'm glad." She smiled, then, too quick for Riordan to respond, she reached out, gripping his mug and throwing the ale in his face.

"Gah!" Riordan cried.

"Yes, I'm sure you like it now," Jocelyn said. "Just drink it all up at once, like you do everything, then toss it away, discarded and hurt!"

"Hey!" Riordan protested, rising from his chair. He didn't even grab for his handkerchief to clean himself, instead glowering at the girl. "What was that for!"

"You don't know?" Her eye seemed to twitch. Gone was that flirty, cute--and honestly, kind of dense--girl Riordan had seen at the ball. Her fist was clenched, and Riordan instinctively took a step back.

"Jocelyn," Riordan said. "You've just insulted a lord of a Great House. This displeases me." He motioned at his suit. "I mean, look at this! It's ruined!"

"A beautiful girl is standing before you, infuriated by what you did, and all you can think of is your suit?"

What Riordan did? He delved back through his memories. It was hard to focus, what with being drenched, and there had been so many women he'd danced with at the ball. He knew he infuriated Daerra Elariel--she deserved it--but Jocelyn? He wouldn't have made her mad.

Lady Marsh's expression, it seemed, said otherwise. Crap, he thought.

"Hey, um," Riordan began, "I'm sorry what happened at the ball. I didn't mean to..." he trailed off, shrugging.

She stood there, raising her eyebrows. "Yes?"

"I didn't mean to do that. To make you mad."

"Do you even remember what you did!"

"What, I'm the bad guy? Yes, villains always wear their beer on their faces. Very dramatic."

Jocelyn stared at Riordan, her eyes unblinking, and she breathed quickly. Sweat dripped down her forehead. "You danced with me, said that you cared about me, then you just tossed me to the ground like a useless skaa for no reason at all! And you... you don't even recall..."

She let out a sigh, turning her head away from him. Riordan didn't know what to say. He was pretty sure she was exaggerating the event. Maybe. So, he didn't say anything, like he always did when confronted with scorned girls, and took the moment to wipe himself down.

"This can be salvaged, you know," Jocelyn said. "Take me to the Elariel ball."

Riordan restrained a laugh. "Um... no."

She met his eyes again. "It would be one way for you to gain my respect again, Lord Casuana."

"I'm not even going to the ball," he said, thinking of Kavesh. And clearly, Riordan should have stayed inside the Keep if he was going to get this treatment all day.

"Really now."

"Maybe."

"Take me."

"All night?" Riordan said, smirking.

"Don't. You're not funny."

"Yes I am. Why does no one believe me when I say that?"

"Because you're a heartless bastard who doesn't love anyone," Jocelyn said. "Well, now I'm giving you the chance."

Riordan blinked. Yes, you're such a catch... "Lady Mia surely has someone planned for me to go with. And if you went with a member of a Great House, wouldn't that ruin your House's impartiality?" House Marsh gave elite dancing lessons to nobility, and also had judges to rate performance. Mia had hired them to judge their... misbegotten dancing competition.

"I don't care about any of that, Riordan!" She looked towards the ground. Was that a tear forming in her eye? "I just want you to care about me... is that so much to ask?"

Riordan almost wanted to reach out and give her a hug. She looked so pretty, so vulnerable, he couldn't help it. But he restrained himself. She was not a good girl, and now more than ever he knew he didn't want to be around her, neither at the ball nor ever.

"I have to go," he said.

"No, please!"

"Go home, Jocelyn, and hope I never tell my House about what you did."

"You're going to lose out on something great, Riordan! We could be together! Or... or not. Maybe just for a night, I don't care! Whatever you want!"

Riordan kept walking, without saying a thing. He sighed, wishing he could make it better, but she was far too gone for anything to work.

"Riordan! Riordan! Don't you dare walk away from me! Riordan! You will pay. You will pay for your arrogance, Lord Casuana!" Riordan didn't look back. "I hope you suffocate in the Ashmounts for all eternity!" Jocelyn screamed.

Riordan cast his eyes downward. All the feelings of sorrow from the ball surged back. Lost opportunities. People destroyed.

So much for relaxing, he thought.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Nadia Sureau

• The Second Sister Sureau

House Raisaal
  • Age21

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:24 AM

Nadia was putting the finishing touches on a particularly nasty chalk message when some pink strumpet marched right through it, smudging her chalk entirely. Nadia scrambled to her feet, ready to give the little dunce a peace of her mind when a familiar face caught her eye. Could it be? Could she really be so lucky?

Ever since Eliza had told her of the Casuana ball, Nadia had been waiting for an opportunity to let Riordan Casuana have it. Now, it seemed she would get her chance. No one messed with her friends and got away with it. Riordan Casuana was about to learn that the hard way.

The strumpet was forgotten. Deciding she was done for the day, Nadia picked up her chalk. Her dress was covered with chalk and ash, various colors showing up against the black fabric. Aveline would be scandalized! Her sister's reaction would have to wait though. Nadia had a bigger victory awaiting her.

Like one of the predatory mistwraiths from the outer dominances, she stalked her prey, moving in on him before he had a chance to escape.

"Lord Riordan," she said, her voice soft and husky. "How lovely to see you. It's been so long since I saw a desperate bachelor, I was beginning to worry your kind was extinct. Congratulations on the preservation of your offensive species. Oh, and by the way, Lady Eliza sends her regards." Moving as quickly as she could, Nadia aimed her best right hook at Riordan's jaw.

#3 Riordan Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age24

• OriginAustrex

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

"Lord Riordan," a soft voice said. It caused Riordan to jump, and he snapped his head to see a tiny girl in front of him. Something about her odd clothing looked familiar.

"How lovely to see you. It's been so long since I saw a desperate bachelor, I was beginning to worry your kind was extinct. Congratulations on the preservation of your offensive species. Oh, and by the way, Lady Eliza sends her regards."

Suddenly, the girl lounged forward, and before Riordan knew what was happening, he moved into his deft dueling stance and blocked the blow.

"Lord Ruler," Riordan muttered, stepping back from the girl. He watched her closely. That's Nadia Sureau, he realized, recognizing the face. A Sureau just attacked me! Deepness, what is wrong today? Riordan knew of Nadia, but they'd hardly interacted, despite Casuana attempting to curry their favor before--the three Sureau sisters, combined with their father, was terrifying enough for Riordan to stay far away. And now, with Mia breaking a contract with Sureau, they were hardly nice to each other. So I get attacked! Riordan thought, panting. But Nadia mentioned Eliza. That, at least, gave sense to her random assault.

"One would think that desperate bachelors couldn't preserve their species at all, really, with the lack of sex and everything. And, yes, all right, I was a jerk at the Casuana Ball. There, I admit it. You should be very honored to witness me actually admit my wrong for once. But, before you attack me again, I'd like to explain why that happened. I am all a fan of crude jokes, but even I knew I went too far. It was on purpose, Lady Sureau, and for a non-jerkish reason, too.

"See, my stupid cousin, he had challenged Caden Hasting to a duel. Stupid, I know. Alistair would've been beaten, badly, or worse yet killed. Alistair insisted on using sharp blades. Because he's an idiot." Riordan shook his head. He wondered if he could tell the Sureau about Everett's plan to start a house war, but this was a Sureau. Best keep it to himself. "I wasn't going to let him get slaughtered by Caden, so yes, I tried to piss Caden off so much that he'd fight me instead. I'm deeply sorry I had to involve Eliza in the matter--let me tell you, she hit me good, and everyone in Casuana has scolded me good. But, I couldn't let Alistair get himself killed, either. If I have to be the moron to protect someone, then dammit, I will!"

Riordan sighed. "So fine, hate me. But at least hate me for what actually happened. But no, I guess if you assaulted me at first sight, you're not interested in knowing the truth, just like everyone else in this crazy city."

And Luthadel had gone insane. First Daerra and her murderous rampage. Then Jocelyn, with her rampaging craziness. And finally, Nadia Sureau, from the house of crazy, rampaging him with a literal rampage.

Either Luthadel had gone insane, or Riordan was awful with women.

Definitely Luthadel, Riordan thought.

He frowned. He thought of his uncle Everett's treachery. Kavesh's death. All the deaths. The Final Empire was always treacherous, but now, the city really had gone insane. Riordan had to make up for it by ignoring it even harder--not an easy feat when he was already the Jester of Luthadel.

"I'm sorry. Really. I'll get going now."

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Nadia Sureau

House Raisaal
  • Age21

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Nadia scowled when Riordan managed to block her blow. Why did Eliza get to have all the fun? Nadia was pretty sure she enjoyed hitting foolish nobleman much more than Eliza did. Riordan backed away with a strange expression on his face. Nadia was in no way prepared for what happened next. Was he really apologizing to her? Nadia did her best to adopt a bored posture. In truth, Riordan's self-deprecating tone was boring her a bit. Eliza had led her to believe he was a genuine scum-bag, the lowest of the low. While decent human beings were just as deluded as everyone else in Luthadel, they were considerably less fun to punish.

As Riordan turned to go, Nadia snorted. "You're supposed to be a jerk, not a dramatist. Who croaked and made you prima donna?" Nadia sauntered over to him, and put on her most helpless expression. "Poor me," she said, her voice dripping with self pity. "I have absolutely no control over my actions. "I had to save my cousin, you see. And that means I had to be a scum bag to one of the only half decent people left in Luthadel . It was all because I had to make her dance partner angry, because we had to duel each other. It was the only way!"

Nadia gave Riordan a flat look. "Give me a break. If you are really fed up with this crazy city, why do you still let yourself be pawn in their games? What was stopping you from knocking your idiot cousin out before he could do any more harm and telling Caden killing-machine Hasting to have a nice day and to please have mercy. He would have granted it, from what I've heard he's the epitome of honorable gentlemen."

"But no. You're a man, and so your pride wouldn't let you back down. Because you care far too much for your house you neglected to choose one of many reasonable methods of stopping the conflict and instead decided to drag my friend into things with your filthy comments."

#5 Riordan Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age24

• OriginAustrex

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

Riordan frowned. That would have been an entirely reasonable course of action. But no, Riordan did the foolish move. That was all he had left. Why didn't he think of that?

Because the people who care about me would be displeased? Riordan thought. Would Mia be displeased? If Riordan had been clever, he probably could have just run over to Alistair and "accidentally" tackle to the ground and knock him out. That was exactly what ridiculous Riordan did. Caden would have known. Casuana would have lost face, but was what Riordan did any better, by pissing off the Sureau Coalition even more? That did no one justice.

Of course, Mia would have been upset with him for making Casuana lose face on her big night. He sighed.

"You're right," Riordan said, shaking his head. "You're entirely right. Dammit, aren't you Sureaus supposed to not make sense? I don't suppose knocking Alistair out now and bring him to Eliza's feet would make anything better, huh.

"And, for your information, I happen to be an excellent dramatist." He made an elaborate bow. "I took a theatre class once." When he was six, at least.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Nadia Sureau

House Raisaal
  • Age21

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:08 AM

Nadia snorted. If Riordan thought reason would defeat her ire he was sadly mistaken. "What has Alistair to do with anything? You might be able to make a case for him owing Caden an apology, but you are the one who dragged Eliza into things." Nadia placed her hands on her hips and raised an eye-brow, daring him to contradict her.

"Excuses like those are what make this stinking pit of a city what it is. Deep down, we all know the empire is a ash-blasted mess, but we console ourselves by finding people to blame other than ourselves. It's the skaa, or the ministry, or crazy House Sureau. What it is is a load of broken glass and we all know it. We're all implicit in the creation of this place, and it's about time everyone started growing up and taking responsibility for their own actions. As far as I'm concerned, circumstances can be damned."

Nadia shifted her stance, eying Riordan up and down, sizing up her prey. "You can bat your little eyelashes and shake your curly hair all you want, but all that will do is make you look even more ridiculous. If you really feel bad about what you did, you can take things up with Eliza personally. If you feel, like most of the monsters we call our peers, that doing something worthwhile is too strenuous, I suppose you can just continue to prance on through your idiotic little life pretending you aren't responsible for anything."

#7 Riordan Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age24

• OriginAustrex

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:41 AM

Riordan was taken aback for a moment, then tried to retain his composure. It was challenging when a tiny young woman stabbed him in the face like that.

"All right," he said, letting out a faint sigh--not one of annoyance, but of sorrow. "No excuses. I'm a jerk. I try not to be. But... no, wait, no buts. No more excuses. You're very right. Tell me, are you the only sensible Sureau? Because I was expecting a lot more insanity, honestly. Rather underwhelmed. You make too much sense. I think I will write Lady Eliza a letter of an apology, asking if she would meet with me to accept a formal apology in person."

He tapped his foot. "Would you like to come along? I mean, I figure she would like some support, and if I say something idiotic--very likely, all things considered--you can both go beat me to a pulp. Admit it: you want to do that. We'll get an obligator to witness the deal so you can grind me into ashflake-sized pieces."

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Nadia Sureau

House Raisaal
  • Age21

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

Nadia opened her mouth to continue her assault, but stopped before the words could come out. Was he actually listening to her? And not just that, Riordan seemed to actually be trying to heed her advice. She had expected a lot of things from the man who had provoked Eliza Fathvell into punching him in the face, but giving up and talking sense was not one of those things.

This left Nadia with a problem. She had entered her primary attack mode, and it felt odd to be forced to change gears so suddenly. Furthermore, she couldn't exactly ally herself with Riordan without alienating Eliza completely. From what Nadia had seen of his diplomacy skills, there was no way he would earn Eliza's forgiveness.

The third problem was the reasoning. Nadia had challenged him and denounced him, exposing him for the hypocrite he was. Anyone else would have had their back up against the wall and been ready to fight to the death at this point. From what she'd heard of Riordan and his tendency towards stubbornness, she would have expected him to behave as she predicted. Why was he giving up? Why is he being nice to me?

Then all at once she had it. As the thought entered her mind, Nadia's eyes narrowed. "You'd like that, wouldn't you?" she said, giving him her best glare. "We could walk over, and on the way you could charm me with your hilarious wit, and make me realize that, although you made a mistake, you really aren't a hypocrite, not truly." Nadia snorted, and spat. She'd been working on her technique lately, and was quite proud of the result: quick and precise without a hint of undignified after-drool.

Slowly, she ran her fingers through her hair, and walked closer to Riordan, closing the distance between them. "I see what you're doing," she said softly. "You think that by showing your wounded vulnerable side, all my hostility will dissipate and that your honesty will win my trust. I suppose you make a real tragic hero in your mind, sitting all alone, regretting all the horrible things you've done, waiting for that one special girl to help you make everything right. Every woman wants to feel... special, after all. If all she needs to do is stroke your ego for you, most would probably think it's a small enough price to pay. Besides, once she get's to know you, she'll realize how smart and funny you really are, and won't be able to help falling for you."

As she neared the end of her speech, Nadia's voice was nearing a whisper, and she stood mere inches away from Riordan, so close she had to crane her neck slightly to look into his eyes. "Give me a break and get over yourself." Turning on her heel, Nadia began to walk away, until she had re-established a proper distance between them. "If you really want to try to propagate your sorry species, try your little sincerity act on a different Sureau. Even the half wits are likely to see through it, but they just might be crazy enough to go along with you anyways."

#9 Riordan Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age24

• OriginAustrex

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Riordan said. Had he actually been flirting with her? He didn't think he was. Besides, if he were flirting with her, that would be like flirting with a knife. "Being intimate" would be the equivalent of stabbing himself in the face.

"That's not what I meant at all!" Riordan yelled, probably too loudly in the Square. "I didn't for one minute think you'd really walk over with me. I'm a nefarious villain, I suppose. Plus, I don't know, you could stab me in the face or something." He knew one of the Sureau sisters had a tendency to do that, but they all sort of blurred together. He was fairly sure it wasn't the tall one, and Nadia was most definitely not the tall one. But either way, Riordan would rather interact with anyone but Nadia. Even the Elariel--

No. He'd definitely prefer Nadia to Daerra, but that wasn't saying much.

"Stop jumping to conclusions, please, Oh Mighty Lady Nadia, The Only One Who Isn't Crazy in Luthadel. I thought it had been pretty obvious that you'd meet up with Eliza first, for moral support, and then both of you can harrass me simultaneously. Girls love to claw at men in groups, after all. But no, you're right. If I wanted to make things better with Eliza and Fathvell, my only recourse would be to try and flirt with her best friend. Brilliant! I can think of no possible negative consequences to that! That definitely would not leave me to be stabbed and/or slapped."

Riordan shook his head, thinking about Nadia's words. A tragic hero, she said? No. He wasn't the tragic hero--that was Kavesh. He was just some stupid noble fop.

And I already know what special girl will make everything right, thank you very much.

"I'm not trying to be difficult here, but you're making it exceptionally difficult for me to do the right thing. This is what you're doing: 'Riordan! You are a coward who would never do the hard thing and apologize to Eliza!' Then seconds later, after I do exactly what you say: 'It's all a game for you to get under my dress.' Lord Ruler, Nadia, what do you want me to do? I mean, if you just like attacking me, that's not entirely unexpected. That's why I thought you'd enjoy being there when I try to apologize to Eliza, so you could validate your hatred against me. But you have to admit, maybe people would agree with you more in this city if you were being consistent, logically. Certainly you're being consistent emotionally towards me, but otherwise, I'm rather confused what you want. So tell me, Lady Sureau, what would you have me do? Feel free to say it explicitly and in a way that I can't possibly make a game out of it. Please! I'd really like some direction here."

Riordan sighed. Nadia would probably interpret everything he'd said as a game

Damn Sureaus making everything difficult.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Nadia Sureau

House Raisaal
  • Age21

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Nadia smirked. She had him now. He'd tried to use the wounded, sensitive, remorseful routine, but she'd seen right through it. Now he was showing his true colors in an immature display of emotion. Nadia found her mood was suddenly on the rise. This was going to be fun.

When he was finished his tirade, Nadia gave Riordan her best flat look. "At least you're being honest now," she said, unimpressed. "What you are going to have to accept, Riordan Casuana, is that I don't want anything from you. You made a royal mess of things, and I have no intention of forgiving you. You are nothing to me. Why should I care what you do? You are of absolutely no concern to me or my work. What I am concerned with, is truth. Now that I have delivered it to you, feel free to continue making a royal mess of your life. Apologize to Eliza, challenge Caden to a rematch. I don't care. I have absolutely no expectations of you, so you can do nothing to anger or frustrate me. I'll be happy just to sit back and watch while you continue to make an absolute mess of your life. Doing little sad-boy routines and throwing tantrums might of worked on Mommy Mia, but they certainly won't work on me. Sometimes you just can't change people's opinion of you because it's true."

Nadia crossed her arms in front of her in triumph. "Oh, and I feel obligated to tell you that your mustache looks ridiculous."

#11 Riordan Casuana

High House Noble
  • Age24

• OriginAustrex

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:45 AM

"Oh for the Lord Ruler's sake," Riordan said, ignoring her blasphemous comment about Mia, "I'm not trying to change your opinion of me. I'm quite content. Well, actually, I'd rather prefer you not punch me in the face, but other than that, I don't really care how Sureau sees me.

"But, I think you're lying to yourself if you think all you want is to torment me. Obviously you care about Eliza. You care in general, or else you wouldn't be here harrassing me."

He looked to the ground. I like my moustache, he thought. It makes me ruggedly handsome. Also, pushes crazy girls away. Not Nadia, though. Or Jocelyn. Maybe I should get some sideburns with it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Nadia Sureau

House Raisaal
  • Age21

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:29 AM

Nadia raised an eyebrow. "How about you don't comment on what you don't understand, Riordan Casuana. You know nothing about Eliza Fathvell, or about me, so you can cut the psychoanalytic koloss slobber, because we both know you are full of it."

"Secondly, denounce the Sureaus all you want. Frankly, they deserve it. But don't think you can lump me in with the rest of them. They're all crazy, plain and simple, and I began seeing through their hypocrisies even earlier than I began seeing through people like you." Why was it the more she acted out, the more people tried to push her back into her place? If she conformed to her father's wishes, she was no better than Aveline. However, the more she acted out, the more people seemed to lump her in with crazies like Edmund or Myra. How did one escape being a Sureau? Nadia wasn't sure yet, but she remained determined to find out.

"Lastly," she said, her tone growing hot. Thoughts of her family had raised her temper as Riordan never could have hoped to on his own. "If you think this is me harassing you, then you'd better guess again. If you try and bother Eliza or me again, then I'll show you the true meaning of harassment."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users