The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Character Themes?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Oravelia Ewing_*

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

I am a total music addict, and I love everything about music. So naturally I get all most of my inspiration from it. So I like to come up with little themes to listen to when posting as my characters! Here are a few of the ones I have picked for this RP!

Ora

I'm So Sick - Flyleaf
This song to me kind of reflects how Ora feels about Noble society.

Fully Alive - Flyleaf
This song to me really reflects Ora's feeling when using her allomancy, and being out in the mists. Totally free.

Battlefield - Jordin Sparks
I think that this is a great song for Ora, because her love and compassion are going to be the thing that starts a war in her life. Her compassion for the skaa are going to be the thing that lead her on the path I have planned.

The Climb - Miley Cyrus
Kind of like Ora's own little mantra to herself to keep her going.

Let the Flames Begin - Paramore
This is a great song to me. It reminds me of Vin alot. How in her past she was weak and now she is a total force to be reckoned with. Which is how I hope Ora will progress. That is if she can live that long in the rebellion.

#2 KChan

Atium Chandelier

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:29 AM

I only have a couple thus far, and they're really random:

Camille

Poker Face (Lady Gaga): This one's an odd one, but a no-brainer if you think about it. Not only does Camille wear a mask (a "poker face" so to speak) to the world in order to manipulate the people around her, but she lives for it. I don't think she'd be able to stop if you made her. Sure, the song is about manipulating men where Camille manipulates almost everyone in various ways, but I still can draw parallels from it. And besides, anyone who's familiar with her should know that Camille wouldn't be above leading on a man or two to further her cause.

Off to Work (Michael Giacchino, The Incredibles Soundtrack): This is the song that plays in my head when I imagine Camille heads off through the Mists to meet with her various contacts, and I have absolutely no idea why. I used this song as background music when writing Camille's intro into the Safety Net thread.

That's all for now. I'll add more when I discover them!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Guest_Oravelia Ewing_*

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

I love The Incredible's Soundtrack. We almost played it in Marching Band my Junior Year in High School! I also love The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and The Wardrobe Sountrack. SO AMAZING!

#4 Valkynphyre

MiBoam Obligara the Inquisikandra

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:02 PM

For Valkyn, his musical interests are many and varied.

For his theme song, I would select something from the Batman Begins or Dark Knight Soundtrack.

For his relationship with Elena, there's 'Out of my league' by Stephen Speaks, but that only covers the healthy part of their relationship. in the past. in... Augh.
Elena's dead, but he still fantasizes that she's around.

Other songs that might work include many songs by Evanescence.
Valkyn Venture
Other Characters: Phyra Venture, Brand, Fenna, Lian Vaunter.

#5 Valkynphyre

MiBoam Obligara the Inquisikandra

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

For Phyra, anything by Ke$ha, P!nk, or Katy Perry would probably fit the bill.

Also, "The Point of No Return" from the Phantom of the Opera works well, too.
Valkyn Venture
Other Characters: Phyra Venture, Brand, Fenna, Lian Vaunter.

#6 Comatose

• Shard of Brain Inactivity

House Raisaal

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

For Daerra and Aaron, I like Bohemian Rhapsody. The words don't all fit, but I think the tone does.

EDIT: Okay, I finally got listening to some songs and found one that actually works (not just the tone). For Daerra, I like River Flows in You by Yiruma, and(slash)or Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. Both I think have the right tone for her, and the words of the second makes a nice melancholy irony.

For Aaron, I?m still listening. He is a tougher character to pin down, as I am still figuring him all out.

Posted Image

#7 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:16 PM

Ok, so far for Aaron I have, from the Barenaked Ladies, "It's all been Done," and "Call and Answer." The first, I think fits his attitude towards life, and the second his protectiveness of his sister. True, it's about romantic love, but I think the words fit the platonic love he feels for Daerra well too.

Posted Image

#8 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:32 AM

For Daerra I would like to add some Mozart: Ave Verum Corpus, and his Confutatis and Lacrymosa. Both are the types of songs she'd like to play on the piano.

I'd like to find something more upbeat for Aaron's lighter (meaning most of his) scenes. Any ideas?

As for Delissia and Klyde, still thinking.

Posted Image

#9 Borborygmus

Nessa's Baywrap

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

Light-hearted? Schubert would be good for that - something like the German Dance No. 1, perhaps? Or if you want something sillier sounding, some Strauss polkas... Tritsch Tratsch Polka?

Anyway. For Cray, my mood music is Leonard Cohen in general. xD But her theme song is By the Rivers Dark, I think.

Marisha's music is Bach. Any Bach, really. The Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue is at the top of my playlist though.
user posted image

#10 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

I'd like to add "Makes no difference" by sum41 to Aaron's playlist. Finally got something a little more upbeat in there.

As for Delissia and Klyde... still nothing.

Posted Image

#11 Comatose

House Raisaal

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:46 PM

"The Lord is My Shepherd," by Katherine Jenkins is a nice theme for Delissia's calmer scenes, and for her more upbeat ones, I was thinking "I could have danced all night," from My fair Lady.

Posted Image

#12 Guest_Abraxas MacGuile_*

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:41 PM

Caedrus: Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd; Subject to change)
Cassandolia: Invincible (forgot the singer/musicians)
Asharin: Okay (The Piano Guys)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users