The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Lace and Paper

Closed W2 D2 LA Sanna Tekiel Lucille Deveaux

23 replies to this topic

#1 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• Relationship StatusSingle

• OriginLuthadel

• Allomantic StatusHidden

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:57 PM

Sanna shook her head decidedly as they came out of the tailor's. "I never met a book I liked," she told Luci, "and I'm quite sure they don't like me either. Reading is bad for my constitution."

#2 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

"Oh, I'm sure we can change that," Luci said with a confident grin, shifting position that they were striding along arm-in-arm. "Not all books are as boring or incomprehensible as, say, mathematical theory." She sighed. "Poor Frederin. He tried so hard to explain it to me, and it all went right over my head.

"So! What sort of things interest you? Poems? Stories?" She grinned. "Fashion, maybe?"

Posted Image

#3 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

"Mathematical theory!" Sanna shuddered. "Don't invoke it. Not even just the name; who knows what could happen! Frederin Damerell, from the ball? Is he a mathematician? I might have to start avoiding him if he is; or at least if he is the sort that tries to explain things. That's even worse for my constitution."

She considered for a moment. "I suppose I do like poetry..."

#4 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

"Poetry!" Luci exclaimed, beaming triumphantly. "Excellent! I love poetry, and I know several excellent poets. Well. I know of them, at least; many of them are dead. I'm sure we'll be able to find you something you'll like hearing - maybe something you even like reading for yourself!

"And yes, Frederin Damerell from the ball," she continued, almost in the same breath. "He and Winchester - Winchester Duchemin, that is; you met him too - both like mathematics, but I never could grasp it. But they're my friends, so I wanted to show an interest in the things they like for their sake, and I think I was hoping they might actually be able to help me understand it." She sighed. "They tried and tried, particularly Frederin, but it's just not for me. I'm still glad I at least tried it, though.

"Oh! But don't worry. They'll only do that if you ask them to. They're quite the gentlemen. For mathematicians, anyways," she added with a wink.

Posted Image

#5 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:46 AM

"Mathematicians can be gentlemen?" Sanna asked with mock incredulity. "Oh, well, if you say so, but that sort have a terrible habit of trying to teach people things. I tried my hand at learning, a tremendously long time ago, and I discovered that I didn't like it. Doing anything at all useful, such as mathematics...well."

"I do read poetry every once in a while, though don't ask me to quote it. And I've read a few novels," she added doubtfully.

#6 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

Luci grinned excitedly. So Sanna did like to read! Even if it was only a little. But that was alright with her; not everyone had the voracious appetite for literature that Luci did.

"Oooh, which novels?" she asked, interested. "Perhaps we've read some of the same ones!"

Posted Image

#7 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

Put on the spot, Sanna cast around in her mind for a moment. She did read novels. It was just that when she was called on to name them, inexplicably she forgot what they were. Hesitating, she answered, "The...Cantons at Urteau? And...The Mystery of the White Lady. ...and Dusk?"

She wondered if her taste was too popular. Luci was plainly far more literate than she was. Sanna had heard someone say once that the books you read told a lot about what kind of person you were. What did hers say about her?

#8 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

"Oh, The Cantons at Urteau!" Luci exclaimed with delight. "That's one of my favorites! I've read all of Asenna Jute's novels. Several times, actually. I just can't get enough of them! I have to admit, though, I haven't read Dusk, or The Mystery of the White Lady. The first time I read a horror story, I was six years old. I'd found the book by mistake, and that night I had such horrible nightmares that I dragged my cousin out of bed to protect me!" She couldn't help but laugh a little at that now, though. Poor Damien; he'd stayed up half the night with her.

"Anyways, I haven't touched anything remotely resembling a frightening story ever since."

Posted Image

#9 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

"But it's deliciously fun!" Sanna said, shocked that Luci hadn't picked up a horror story since then. Of course, she could understand why it would upset someone little, but now, Luci was really missing out. "To read a horror-story late at night, in front of a nice crackling fireplace, and feel the chills run cold fingers down your spine. Hopefully with someone to read it with of course; it's much better that way."

She spun to face Luci, beaming. "That's it! We should read White Lady together, sometime."

#10 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

"Alone?" Luci asked. "At night? Why, Sanna!" she gasped in mock scandalized tones. "If you were a man, I might be tempted to accuse you of philandering!"

She only meant the accusation as friendly teasing, of course, which meant it was all she could do not to break down into laughter at the silliness of what she'd just said. Sanna, a man? How ridiculous!

Posted Image

#11 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

Ph...philandering? What? Sanna blinked in startled confusion at Luci for a moment, and then she went a little red in the face. That hadn't been what she meant at all, not in the least! And...and...she simply would never have had such a thought in her head. Not in a hundred years.

Only, now Luci had put it there.

She couldn't let herself be trapped in awkward silence for more than a second or two, or else it would get too awkward. She had to treat it lightly, laugh it off. Quickly, but not too quickly, she said flippantly, "If I was a man, you would probably have reason to accuse me of philandering. I have a terrible habit of flirting, you know."

#12 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

For a moment, Luci was afraid she'd said something wrong. Sanna went red, and didn't say anything. Did she know Luci had only been joking? Luci was just about to apologize when, to her relief, Sanna began to laugh, and then fired back a quip of her own.

"Do you now?" Luci asked in response, grinning widely. "I'll have to warn Jalen about you, then. He fancies himself quite the ladies' man, you know."

Posted Image

#13 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

Now they were over the troublesome part, Sanna could just go with the flow now. "Oh, I saw that at the ball," she grinned. "Just the kind I like to trifle with. Don't you think that men who think so highly of themselves deserve to have their heads spun a little?"

#14 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

"What!" Luci gasped. "Oh, you mustn't trifle with Jalen! He's my friend. Oh, he likes to flirt, but he doesn't mean any harm, and he's actually very kind to women.

"Besides," she added with a wink. "He's already got what he deserves. I threw him into a canal once."

Posted Image

#15 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

"I don't mean any harm, either!" Sanna protested. "I'm very kind to men, honestly! Most of the time."

She quirked her head to one side. "I'm starting to think it's dangerous for men to be around you, though...or at least around you when there's any body of water nearby. Though I'm not saying Aldwin didn't deserve what he got."

#16 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:29 AM

Luci grinned. "You mean you didn't know?" she asked. "It's pretty common for Deveaux women to learn how to defend ourselves. And I just happened to take to it rather well. I don't like fighting, but I do like practicing with my cousins."

Posted Image

#17 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

She...liked practicing with her cousins? What? Most women barely knew one end of a sword from the other. It suddenly raised questions that Sanna quickly dismissed, because she didn't really want to worry about them. She grinned in return, instead.

"So I see. Unusual methods, too; is that a special technique? 'How to throw a bigger man in fountain or canal,' or does it have a more poetic name?"

#18 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

"We usually call it a 'shoulder toss' or something similar. It's quite easy, really. And did you know that a person's shoulder can hold a tremendous amount of weight? It makes it possible for me to do the things I do even though I can't burn pewter. Though," she added with a wink, "it's good to know if I wanted to fake it, right?"

Posted Image

#19 Sanna Tekiel

• The Pink Lady

Nessa's Baywrap
  • Age23

• OriginLuthadel

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

"No," Sanna laughed, "I have to say that I did not, in fact, know that. I will try to remember it so that perhaps I can make an intelligent comment about combat someday and shock people. But I'm not sure if you can fake being a pewterarm, despite all that...you really don't look very Thuggish."

#20 Lucille Deveaux

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• OriginUrteau

• Allomantic StatusOpen

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

Luci shrugged. "Honestly, that's why I could get away with faking it. How many women my size do you see flipping men like Aldwin? But no one bats an eyelash if a big strong man starts throwing people around.

"Well, not that I'd want to fake it anyways," she laughed. "I really don't want to draw a target on myself."

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users