The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Amaranth

3 replies to this topic

#1 Amaranth Ju'daru

Skaa

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:21 AM

Player Information
Handle : Amaranth

Character Information
Name: Amaranth Ju'daru
Type: Noble
Marital Status: Single

Powers
Type of Powers: Allomancy
Metals Used: All
Degree of Skill: Advanced

Appearance
Hair: Black, about half-way down her back, naturally wavy
Eyes: Deep purple, almond-shaped
Height: 5'7 1/2"
Weight: 130
Voice: Deeper for a girl her age, but it is still atractive and it never cracks. It also kind of sounds like she's bored a lot.
Overall Appearance: Amaranth looks the part of a Noble lady perfectly. She has a lush, but slender body and is unnaturally graceful. But, when it comes to walking and spying around in the Slums, she can look every part the Skaa, which is quite useful. Her skin tone isn't what you would call pale, but it's not quite the normal peach, either. She keeps up with the general fashion put isn't obsessed about it, and she trains often. Because of her eye colour she looks stunning in purple and wears simple make-up daily, but always a little more for balls. She is also a very graceful dancer.

Other
Special Skills: She has all the skill needed for bying a spy, i.e. lying, facial expressions, stealthy, etc. She can also sew and read.
Strengths: She very good at hiding and knows when it's time to be serious. She's a pretty decent fighter and can control her Pushing and Pulling very well. She's also observant and an quick-witted person.
Weaknesses: She's not very compassionate, meaning if you just broke up with your boy/girlfriend, she's not very sympathetic. She also can easily the bad in others, which she's trying to fix, but it's kind of difficult when she's so observant. She can also act to quickly. Sometimes she jumps into things without thinking them all the way through. Lastly, she's not very subtle with using the Emotional metals.

Personality
Amaranth finds life almost amusing. She likes to people-watch. As I mentioned before, she quick-witted (the kind that can be sarcastic or jokingly insulting), but knows when to be serious and stop cracking jokes. She keeps secrets so she's not a great person to go to for gossip. She enjoys being by herself but can also get along with others, most of the time. However, she enjoys the company of older people more than people younger than her. She's very respectful and tries to listen to what people say.

She's a pretty humble Noble when it comes down to it. She treats the skaa servants in her mansion well and never asks for ridiculous things to be done that she can do herself. She would rather walk than ride, and she doesn't care about getting ash on her clothes. Basically she's an easy-going Noblewoman.

History
Amaranth snapped when she was 6 years old. Her and her family were traveling to Luthadel when a group of Mistings from another house attacked their caravan. The Mistings seemed to be after her parents and started to drag them off. They tied them to a rope and then held onto the rope while galloping away on horses. Amaranth and her brother, Durandus, managed to hide behind a tree and witnessed the horrible event. That was when they both snapped. Durandus is only a Pewterarm, but Amaranth became a Mistborn. Durandus is not married and lives in the Eastern Dominance, but Amaranth now lives with her Uncle in Luthadel. The reason she snapped then instead of early was because neither of her parents had been Allomancers, same with her grandparents.

For the past 11 years Amaranth has been training constantly with her Uncle Adranus' trainers and has been doing rather well. Because of her great progression, she started to work for her Uncle as a spy. She has been a valuable asset to Adranus and between them they know a lot about what goes on with the Nobles in Luthadel.

Roleplay Sample
A lone figure hung from the wall of Keep Ju'daru hidden in the shadows with mistcloak blowing in the wind. And ash fell from the sky. The figure watched and listened carefully with her Tin enhanced senses for any signs of movement.

There!

Amaranth Pushed off the window latch towards the Ju'daru Mansion's main gate. As she flew through the air she saw a figure falling over the stone wall and land on their back with a low thud. As the figure began to pick himself up, Amaranth landed behind him and slammed him back into the ground. The man groaned and immediately began to struggle against her Pewter enhanced hold.

"You know," Amaranth murmered in the skaa's ear as she pushed him harder into the ground. "You're only putting yourself in a worse position by struggling like this."The man immediately stopped moving.

"Now," she began. "Which crew sent you? It has to be one of the smaller, inexperianced ones as you're not very stealthy."

The man remained silent. Amaranth sighed and began to Soothe his fear away and Riot his willingness to speak.

"Again, who sent you and what do they want. I don't particularly want to wasted energy on hurting you."

"It-it was Grakul, his hide-out is in the city by-"

"I alreaady know where his hide-out is. I want to know what he wants this time."

The man gulped. "A-atium. He wanted atium"

Amaranth laughed. "Did he really expect to get any and then live?" She continued to laugh quietly and let go of the rugged man. "Alright, here are your choices: you can leave right now, or you can continue trying and end up dead." The man quickly climbed back over the wall.

Amaranth rolled her eyes and thought, I swear, the skaa are getting stupider. Then Pushed off her coin and flew back toward the mansion.
There's always another secret." - Kelsier

#2 Chaos

High House Noble

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

Great! Another Mistborn. And the plot continues to thicken :D

I'm accepting this character, but I do have two questions:

1. I think Kalub would like a member's name to be the same as the character name. Would you mind if I changed your member name from "Amaranth" to "Amaranth Ju'daru"?

2. Is House Ju'daru a Great House of Luthadel, or is it a regular house? Your RP sample mentions "Keep Ju'daru", which suggests to me that it's a Great House, but a little later, it says "Ju'daru Mansion", which suggests a lesser house. Naturally, I am slightly perplexed.

It is completely up to you whether Ju'daru is a Great House or not. The primary distinguishing factor is that Great Houses actually maintain a Keep in Luthadel, while I would assume other noble houses live in nearby towns. There appears to be a lot of "suburbs" of Luthadel. Not just Fellise, but there is also Holstep and Valtroux mentioned in Mistborn 1. I'd assume there's even more.

I guess it comes down to whether you want Ju'daru to deal with a lot of political intrigue or not! Completely up to you!

#3 Amaranth Ju'daru

Skaa

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for accepting her! In answer to question 1, yes, that's fine. And question 2, Keep Ju'daru is a Great House. Sorry about the confusion. Thanks again!
There's always another secret." - Kelsier

#4 Chaos

High House Noble

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

Great! Accepted!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users