The Lord Ruler's perfect capital city, Luthadel, is doing the impossible: rebelling. Skaa half-breeds are being taught the power of Allomancy, something that the Lord Ruler's obligators said only existed in the nobility. The enslaved skaa, with their murderous benefactor, now fight back against a living god's oppression.

So, the Inquisition was formed. The nobles begin to fear assassination from all sides. The times of nobility Mistborn killing each other are over. The Steel Inquisitors look for aristocrat traitors and insurgent skaa, and the skaa try with all their strength to merely survive. The Lord Ruler's perfect Final Empire is slowly devolving into chaos.

Read the full prologue!

Topics on the forum will contain spoilers for the Mistborn Trilogy

GENERAL RP INFORMATION:
Forum Rules
The Story Thus Far
Character Application
Frequently Asked Questions
Character System Guide
Tagging System

THE WORLD OF MISTBORN:
The Three Metallic Arts
Guide to the Final Empire
Map of Luthadel
The Great Houses

OUT OF CHARACTER:
Introduce Yourself
Universal Continuity Thread
The Timeline
Adoptable Characters
Wanted Characters
Face Registry
Open Threads List

Mistborn Series Brandon Sanderson
Allomantic Table, Symbols, and Cartography by Isaac Stewart
Luthadel Images: mking2008
Other Graphics: KChan at 17th Shard
Final Empire, Metallic Arts, and Style Guides by Chaos at 17th Shard
All original characters, places, and documentation are property of their creators. Do not reproduce or republish without permission.

A subsidiary of 17th Shard, the Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite

Popular

9 replies to this topic

#1 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

• Relationship StatusBeginning a Relationship with Perrin

• OriginCentral Dominance Plantation

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Nessa slumped over in her bed, feeling completely and utterly defeated. Her escape attempt had been a resounding failure, endangering both her and Trev and landing her back in the hospital in worse shape than she had been before she ran away. Trev could at least have let her go back to the shop to recover like she wanted to do, but nooooo, she was stuck her in this Ministry-run torture chamber. Any second now, she would be subjected to that crazy doctor woman's insane "treatments." She was sure of it.

With any luck, though, the doctor woman would be busy. Right now, Nessa wanted nothing more than to leave this place. But if that wasn't going to happen, she would settle for just being left alone.

#2 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

• Relationship StatusIt's Complicated

• OriginThe Western Dominance

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Delissia peeked into the room. The poor thing looked dreadful, sadder than sad. No wonder she had tried to escape. Had Delissia been feeling the kind of emotions she saw masking Nessa's face, she would have run as well. Unfortunately, Cray had made it clear to Delissia that what Nessa really needed right now was rest, and lots of it. There would be no removing her from that gloomy hospital bed until she was feeling better, and that meant there would be no field trips of any kind, even if they were vital for the poor girl's happiness.

This of course, wouldn't stop Delissia. She had a compassionate heart, after all, and that heart would not allow her to leave the girl in such a state, even if she was a skaa. In Delissia's opinion, everyone deserved happiness, regardless of whether or not the Lord Ruler had made them skaa or noble. That was just what seemed right to her.

Now all she needed was a plan. Think Delissia, think! It was obvious why Nessa was sad. She was trapped in a gloomy hospital bed, in an unramiliar room, wearing little more than rags. Unfortunately, however dreadful the room was, Nessa had to stay in it. That meant Delissia would have to bring happiness to her.

Taking another peek, Delissia studied her charge. She was going to show Cray just what a good assistant she could be. Why, with a little mood boost, Nessa would be better in no time! And it would be all thanks the Delissia, now wouldn't that be grand? She still felt guilty about what had happened to Klyde. Maybe this could be her way of making up for the wrong she had done.

With that hair and those cheekbones, hmmmmm.... It just might work. Those men might think of Nessa as just another thug, but Delissia knew that inside every woman there was a proper lady waiting to smile (prettily of course). It was just a matter of finding her. Nessa might be rough and grimy right now, but with a little help, Delissia was sure she could make the girl shine.

After a quick trip to her room to recover what belongings she had managed to recover from her hotel, Delissia knocked on the door and burst into the room with a smile on her face.

"Why Lady Nessa, how are you feeling today?" she asked, smiling as she did so. She knew Nessa wasn't a real lady, but that didn't mean she didn't deserve to feel like one. "I heard you took quite the tumble today. It must have been dreadful, being frightened and all alone out there, and still not recovered from your malady too. I thought you could use some company. I know being alone would be the last thing I would want after such a dreadful ordeal. My Aunt, a very wise woman, always told me that the company of good friends is the most effective cure to any ailment, and I've always found her advice to be correct, don't you think? Now, how about we see to getting you all cleaned up."

As she spoke, Delissia opened her case, and began taking out her beauty supplies and a few rags to wipe away the grime. "We'll have you looking like a proper young lady again in no time, Lady Nessa, just you wait and see. I've always found looking pretty on the outside makes one feel so much better on the inside as well. Really, these doctors should be less concerned with medicines and surgeries, and more concerned with make-up and dresses, in my opinion." Looking up, she gave Nessa her warmest smile. "Well Lady Nessa, shall we begin?"

#3 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Oh Lord Ruler, that girl was back again. She meant well, of course, but whenever that bundle of neverending sunshine opened her mouth, so many words came out of it so quickly that Nessa couldn't quite keep up. Of course, it didn't help that this time, she wasn't even really paying attention. Didn't anybody ever leave anyone else alone here?

.... Wait. What was that. Oh no. Oh no oh no oh no. They'd stuffed her into a dress once, but she'd still managed to keep them from painting her face like some sort of pretty noble doll. And if she wasn't going to put that grime on for Perrin, she certainly wouldn't do it now.

"You're crazy," she managed at last.

#4 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

Crazy? Delissia decided to let the comment slide. Nessa had been through a lot after all. There was nothing left to do but push forward with her plan. Nessa would thank her when they were done. She was sure of it.

Taking a seat next to Nessa, Delissia moved to place her hand on Nessa's arm, hoping to comfort.

"Nessa, now that we're friends, I've decide to make you my new project."

#5 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Friends? Project? This girl really was insane!

"You really don't have to do that," she insisted, pulling her arm away.

#6 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Delissia gave Nessa another dazzling smile. The poor girl. She was so upset she couldn't even recognize a good thing when she saw one.

"I know," Delissia said. "That's what makes me so nice."

Unsure of how to proceed, or how to explain herself, Delissia decided the best thing to do would be to burst into song.

"Whenever I see someone, less fortunate than I,
(And let's face it, who isn't less fortunate than I?),
My tender heart tends to start to bleed."

Turning from Nessa, Delissia began to finish unpacking her supplies, getting ready to begin.

"And when someone needs a makeover,
I simply have to takeover,"
I know,"

Nessa moved to interject but Delissia held up her hand and continued more firmly,
"I know,
Exactly what they need."

"And even in your case,"
Delissia handed Nessa one of the rags, and suddenly realized exactly how dirty the girl was. Lord Ruler, when was the last time she'd seen a bath?
"Though it's the toughest case I've yet to face,
Don't worry, I'm determined to succeed,
Follow my lead,
And yes, indeed,
You,
Will,
Be..."

Taking Nessa in one arm, Delissia extended the other out in the distance, hoping to demonstrate the gravity and importance of the subject she was about to impart to her newest friend.

"POPULAR!
You're gonna be popular!"

Standing, Delissia stood up straight, demonstrating proper posture. Perhaps Nessa would be more open to acting like a Lady if she knew how effective it could be.

"I'll teach you the proper poise,
When you talk to boys,
Little ways to flirt and flounce."

Delissa began to get excited.

"Ooh!
I'll show you what shoes to wear!
How to fix your hair!" she sang, gesturing to her own shoes and hair as she did so.

"Everything that really counts to be..."

"POPULAR!
I'll help you be popular!
You'll hang with the right cohorts,
You'll be good at sports,
Know the slang you've got to know...."

Delissia paused, realizing Nessa was still sitting stock still on the bed. It would seem she needed some help. Gathering her things, Delissia moved in the begin the makeover.

"So let's start,
'Cause you've got an awfully long way to go!"

#7 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

Nessa couldn't help but stare. This girl was singing. She was actually singing. About... about flirting. And flouncing. And all sorts of things that Nessa would never ever dream of doing in a million years. Why did everyone keep trying to turn her into a... a girl?

And then she started advancing. Nessa realized with horror that she was about to put those revolting powders on her face whether Nessa wanted it.

But she was cornered now. It was too late. All she could do was back away until she was mashed against the wall, horrified and aghast at the unspeakable torture that was about to take place here.

#8 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

Ahhhh delightful, thought Delissia as Nessa quit resisting. It would seem she was getting the idea. Now if only Delissia could get her to smile. As she went to work, Delissia continued to sing.

"Don't be offended by my frank analysis,
Think of it as personality dialysis,
Now that I've chosen to become a
Pal, a sister and advisor,
There's nobody wiser!
Not when it comes to..."

"POPULAR!
I know about popular.
and with an assist from me,
to be who you'll be,
instead of dreary who you were...
Well, are.
There's nothing that can stop you,
from becoming popu-ler... lar..."

Having finished cleaning up, Delissia got out her brush and proceeded to attack the tangle of Nessa's hair. From the amount of tangles, it would seem like Nessa hadn't taken a brush to her hair in some time.

"La la, la la!" she sang, hoping to make the girl feel better.

"We're gonna make you pop-u-lar!"

Finshed with the brushing, Delissia got out a few of her hair products and set about styling Nessa's hair. She really had gorgeous hair, it was long and thick, full of shine and body. Delissia would see to it that it was taken better care of in the future.

"When I see depressing creatures,
With unprepossessing features,
I remind them on their own behalf
To - think - of
Our celebrated head of state,
Or specially gifted Obligators!
Do they have brains or knowledge?"

Seeing Nessa about to answer, Delissia hushed and gave her hand a quick squeeze. She couldn't blame to girl for knowing nothing about society. She hadn't grown up as fortunate as Delissia had.

"Don't make me laugh!"

"They were POPULAR!
Please!
It's all about popular.
It's not about aptitude,
It's the way you're viewed,
So it's very shrewd to be,
Very very popular
like ME!"

Wrapping a colorful around Nessa's shoulders, Delissia stepped back to take stock of her work.

"Why Lady Nessa," she said, "Look at you. You're beautiful."

#9 Nessa

• Rebellion Rookie

Atium Chandelier
  • Age17

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Nessa tried to turn away, she tried to resist, but those accursed implements followed her no matter how she fought and flailed. What was this girl, some sort of undiscovered type of Allomancer? It was like she was able to predict Nessa's every movement and correct for it. Finally, it was over. But...

"You're beautiful."

Nobody had called her that. Ever. Not even Perrin. And given what happened to pretty skaa, beautiful was the last thing she wanted to be. She had to get away, wash all this nonsense off before someone saw her.

"I... I have to go," she said roughly, finally working up the strength to brush past her would-be caregiver and run for the nearest washroom.

#10 Delissia

• Imposter

House Raisaal
  • Age20

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

Delissia watched Nessa go.

"Your welcome!" she tried to call before the door slammed shut.

"And though you protest,
Your disinterest,
I know clandestinely,
You're gonna grin and bear it!
Your new found popularity!
Aah!"

Dancing around, Delissia began to clean up her things. She hoped that, despite the unusual end to the festivities, she had managed to make a difference in Nessa's day for the better.

"La la, la la!
You'll be popular!
Just not quite as popular as ME!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users