←  General Discussions

Mistborn: The Inquisition

»

The Character Group Request Thread

KChan's Photo KChan 06 Nov 2012

So, as you've already noticed if you've tried to modify your characters' profiles using our character system, you can edit all of your characters' information except for their character group - that is, Noble, Tineye, Mistborn, Dead, etc. Unfortunately, the mod is coded so that only admins are able to change that particular bit, which is where this thread comes in!

Just create your character(s), post here with their name(s) and their desired group(s), and we'll take care of it for you. Thanks!

Will's Photo Will 04 Dec 2012

Wyldin Sortell

Coinshot.

Comatose's Photo Comatose 05 Dec 2012

Updated!

Guest_Darklight66675_* 04 May 2013

Bavnor Ermden

Keeper

Lanscaper's Photo Lanscaper 06 May 2013

View PostDarklight66675, on 04 May 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Bavnor Ermden

Keeper

Hey Darklight,

So I'm glad that you are excited and enthusiastic about getting started here on the forum. But here is the kicker...you need to start a character application (it could be that you posted one and I'm blind as a bat, or perhaps you meant to create one and a misclick/error occurred)

So here are some useful links that also exist in the navigation toolbar on the left side of the page:

The Character Application: http://mistbornrpg.1...er-application/

Frequently Asked Questions: http://mistbornrpg.1...sked-questions/

Other things that come to mind just off the top of my head are that we try to keep character names distinctive to their race/station, especially in the case of Terrismen. I may just be me, but the name 'Bavnor Ermden' does not sound Terris which is only my opinion. But here is a quote from the Mistborn Adventure Game: "The people of Terris each possess a single name, usually more than one syllable in length and often featuring combinations of ‘ah,’ ‘sh,’ and ‘w.’ Terris names also tend to flow well off the tongue." (p.105) which also implies that a given name or a last name do not exist for your typical Keeper.

If you would like I would suggest that you post your rough drafts of characters in the Workshop section of the forum found here: http://mistbornrpg.1...6-the-workshop/

Feel free to start your own topic, and the members of the forum will be able to post and help you make improvements on your character application. If you feel that you have a complete character you can post in the Character Application section of the forum: http://mistbornrpg.1...yer-characters/

Post you character application there, and the admins and moderators will review your character and either approve your character or let you know what can be done to make the character acceptable for this RP environment.

I wish you the best, and that I'll be able to RP with you soon.

-Lanscaper

Comatose's Photo Comatose 07 May 2013

Lanscaper seems to have given you a good place to start. We can't change a character group if we haven't accepted your character yet.

This thread is mostly meant for members who had existing characters before our most recent site upgrades to convert them to the new character system. Now, we usually change the character group upon the characters acceptance.

Also be sure to check out the Rules and Style Guide and the Character System Guide.

Let us know if you have any more questions :)

WeiryWriter's Photo WeiryWriter 22 May 2013

Warren Proulx is a Tineye.

Comatose's Photo Comatose 22 May 2013

Taken care of :)

Mailliw73's Photo Mailliw73 06 Sep 2013

Wilor Zerrung
Lurcher

Comatose's Photo Comatose 08 Sep 2013

Done.

Mailliw73's Photo Mailliw73 09 Sep 2013

Thank you very much

Eclipse's Photo Eclipse 09 Sep 2013

Avyn

Skaa

Comatose's Photo Comatose 09 Sep 2013

Done.

Tal Spektor's Photo Tal Spektor 13 Sep 2013

Ryle - skaa

MozytheHealer's Photo MozytheHealer 13 Sep 2013

Delve needs to be moved from pending to Skaa as well. :{D

KChan's Photo KChan 13 Sep 2013

Done and done.

Noelle's Photo Noelle 29 Dec 2013

It would be awesome if you could move Jasun from Pending to Mistborn, thanks!

KChan's Photo KChan 30 Dec 2013

Done! Enjoy your shiny new Mistborn pip!

Noelle's Photo Noelle 01 Jan 2014

Thank you!

Eclipse's Photo Eclipse 03 Mar 2014

Could you move Bernard Urvon into the Smoker group please?

Thanks!